• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopolon

SalsaShark said:
Its also up on Intkeys for $30, if you're okay with the CD key site stuff.

Someone suggested in the other thread that Fallout NV keys bought from these CD reseller sites was not compatible with the DLC. Not sure of the validity of that, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Chesskid1 said:
if any has easy method to setup vice city and san andreas with controller, please post. tyvm.

GTA III and Vice City automatically had the controller set up perfectly for me (all I had to do was switch it to classic controller mode). Haven't tried SA.

Speaking of awful controls, anyone know a way to fix GTA 2's awful controller support? This game is unplayable with a controller this way.

Salsa

coopolon said:
Someone suggested in the other thread that Fallout NV keys bought from these CD reseller sites was not compatible with the DLC. Not sure of the validity of that, but thought it was worth mentioning.

good!

:p

Chesskid1

Banned
The Mana Legend said:
GTA III and Vice City automatically had the controller set up perfectly for me (all I had to do was switch it to classic controller mode). Haven't tried SA.

Speaking of awful controls, anyone know a way to fix GTA 2's awful controller support? This game is unplayable with a controller this way.

are you supposed to be able to move the camera with the right stick? i can't, lol it's been so long, can't even rememeber if GTA3's had that. otherwise the controls seem to map okay for now.

i remember strugglin to get the camera controller in san andreas, i guess i have bad memory or something or the controls weren't to my liking.

inky

wilflare said:
you missed a L there! wilflare haha XD

Well, that's because I meant the user called wiflare and totally didn't mean you, who are obviously called wilflare with an L. I even specified the post I was quoting was unrelated to my decision :p hahaha.

Regarding controllers and San Andreas/Vice City: the weird thing is that I used to use a generic Logitech gamepad which it detected and auto-configured for me, but when I tried my 360 controller today with SA it wasn't recognised at all. I tried some little mod someone wrote to allow "advanced config" but it wouldn't run, so I just plugged my old pad in and it works.

All of which begs the question; what type of controller are you using?

wilflare

inky said:
Well, that's because I meant the user called wiflare and totally didn't mean you, who are obviously called wilflare with an L. I even specified the post I was quoting was unrelated to my decision :p hahaha.

ah my bad :X haha

drizzle

Axel Hertz
SalsaShark said:
Its also up on Intkeys for $30, if you're okay with the CD key site stuff.
They don't know if it's a region restricted game or not. I asked and they just went "we can't know until the game comes out".

Salsa

drizzle said:
They don't know if it's a region restricted game or not. I asked and they just went "we can't know until the game comes out".

it probably is, considering its Bethesda and that's what happened with Rage.

some guys in this thread got Rage there and it was all fine after VPN activation tho

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Fucking fuck my graphics card fan is making some horrible grinding sound and I can't seem to make it stop so now I'm gonna have to disassemble the thing to fix it. Fuck. Fuck you, ATI.

Echoplx

Bethesda is in bed with 1C in Russia, and they are really inconsistent with their games. RAGE for example has the same AppID in all regions (but has some language restrictions) while New Vegas is completely incompatible with the DLC

It's best to wait for official word on these things.

Salsa

3chopl0x said:
Bethesda is in bed with 1C in Russia, and they are really inconsistent with their games. RAGE for example has the same AppID in all regions (but has some language restrictions) while New Vegas is completely incompatible with the DLC

It's best to wait for official word on these things.

Agreed. Could also be the chance that the russian version doesnt include English, like it happens with the COD titles.

zkylon

zkylewd
xelios said:
Always. But you keep the chat interesting.

I started playing The Void because Mr Elysia mentioned it, and the game is weird as hell. Not intuitive at all, but seems like it could be interesting. I realize I'm like 10 years late.
The worst thing about the game is the shape of the planting sign (the one that looks like the alpha letter) is not at all like shown in the tutorial. You gotta make sure that both lines are long enough so that they reach further than the height of the circle part. Like this:
b641f450246116ca65d168eec61114a3dd008aa8c77ae2b1e708be0ebfdcea576g.jpg

Everything else the game will take as you drew the sign wrong and will reward you with a shitty tree.

The rest of the game is a bit like Demon's Souls, in that the interesting part is discovering how to play.

Gvaz

Banned
The void was too much of a bitch to play, combat was too obtuse and complicated, tree growing wasn't documented enough and the whole game was just extremely vague I hated it. Liked the atmosphere but it wasn't much of a game if you asked me

zkylon

zkylewd
Gvaz said:
The void was too much of a bitch to play, combat was too obtuse and complicated, tree growing wasn't documented enough and the whole game was just extremely vague I hated it. Liked the atmosphere but it wasn't much of a game if you asked me
It's not an easy to enjoy game, that's for sure. I found the whole experience amazing, though. Few games made me feel so weak and lonely and lost, struggling to figure out just about everything. It gets really satisfying when you get to fit all the pieces by the end.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I hooked up my controller to my PC (Dual Shock emulated as a 360 controller), but Grand Theft Auto IV doesn't seem to recognize that I have it plugged in. I'll go intro the controller options and there are no key inputs anywhere.

Dice

For the love of all that is good ATI, I just had to unscrew 47 thousand motherfucking screws because you didn't have the fucking common sense to put down a piece of tape or glue or ANYTHING to keep the fan blades from hitting the wire that powers the fucking fan?! Fuck you! Soooo going nVidia next time.

Dice said:
For the love of all that is good ATI, I just had to unscrew 47 thousand motherfucking screws because you didn't have the fucking common sense to put down a piece of tape or glue or ANYTHING to keep the fan blades from hitting the wire that powers the fucking fan?! Fuck you! Soooo going nVidia next time.

erm...wrong thread?

Sober

Truespeed said:
They need to address this package BS. If I'm going to buy a package that contains games I already own then I should be able to gift them. I wanted to buy the GTA collection as I didn't have Stories and San Andreas, but being unable to gift the games I already owned made it a deal breaker.
I think it depends on the publisher or whatnot. Valve doesn't mind if you bought a game and then got it again as part of a pack, so they offer an extra copy for you to gift but I'm sure other publishers could give two shits about us so they'd rather just make us pay more for less instead.

It's annoying but it is the rule, rather than the exception that you don't get extra copies from packs on Steam.

Weenerz

Banned
morningbus said:
For those interested: Sonic Generations is all the way down to $23.57 on Greenman Gaming. Copy should activate on Steam (as the game is Steamworks). I don't think it will come with the 3d Blast and Sonic 3 & Knuckles pre-order bonuses, but I think that's more than acceptable with a 6 dollar discount.

Just be warned that Sega is fucking shitty for PC games, just look at Renegade Ops as an example of their horrible PC service, game has been delayed numerous times on the "release date".

Echoplx

No offence dude but I don't think anyone wants to hear bitching in this thread. We don't do that shit around here. Seriously.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiitttt

Truespeed

Dice said:
OMG it has started again.... Whyyyyy.... ㅠ_ㅠ

This would be so much better with pictures - even out of focus smartphone pics. Also, did ATI make the card or did some other company? And if it's from another company why are you blaming ATI for the implementation of their reference design?

Dice

Put the wire through the back this time. There was no space for it, but I just smashed it. If it gets loud now, the fan is just being loud seemingly without cause, and I will be pissed.

Also it is 100% ATI design. The only difference is a graphic printed on the plastic case. If the noise it comes back I will be wishing I got an MSI design.

Edit:
...and now the sound is back... wasn't the wire...

Anyone want to trade a GTX580 for a noisy ass HD5850?

ArjanN

Dice said:
Put the wire through the back this time. There was no space for it, but I just smashed it. If it gets loud now, the fan is just being loud seemingly without cause, and I will be pissed.

Also it is 100% ATI design. The only difference is a graphic printed on the plastic case. If the noise it comes back I will be wishing I got an MSI design.

Edit:
...and now the sound is back... wasn't the wire...

Anyone want to trade a GTX580 for a noisy ass HD5850?

Tried oiling the fan?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Dice said:

iknowthatfeelbro. My 5850 has given me alot of grief and I am going to get a GTX 660 or whatever they are called.

Dice

ArjanN said:
Tried oiling the fan?
Yes I did. Being well acquainted with the interior of the thing now, it is clear that the fan is rubbing against the plastic casing since that is the only thing near to it. I can't remove the casing because that is what directs the air through the heatsink. The only way to fix this would be to replace it with a 3rd party cooling system, but I don't have $30 to spend on that.

Archie said:
iknowthatfeelbro. My 5850 has given me alot of grief and I am going to get a GTX 660 or whatever they are called.
They all told me it was supposed to be a good card... ㅠ_ㅠ

Blizzard

Banned
My 4850 was ultra hot and ultra loud. I upgraded to a 5850 and it was the holy grail, fast, very quiet in comparison, AND cool. Maybe I got lucky with the one I bought though.

Of course, nVidia seems to always have the better options with forcing AA, utilities, drivers, PhysX, and game compatibility, but it has worked pretty well as far as ATI cards go.

Kind of weird we're discussing this here but okay. =D

jediyoshi

Bought Dragon Age 2 and the new DLC for $12 after remembering it wasn't on Steam anymore.
Probably the last game I imagined buying this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom