• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 Thread 3 | Buy now, play later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
I have taken the liberty of fixing the thread title for accuracy:

STEAM announcements & updates 2011 |OT3| Buy now, play never.

Can somebody please help me out with buying Alice from the US? Already asked it before and in an other thread, but haven't received a response yet.

BobsRevenge said:
I need to stop drunk-buying the games steam has on sale. This is getting outrageous.
Yeah I feel the same. I feel like buying every day deal because I feel it is such a goo deal, even for game I have really small to no interest at all. That's my completionist/collectionist compulsive nature coming...

wilflare

anyone that needs help with
(1) GTA Complete from the UK
(2) Alice from the US

add me on Steam: wilflare
managed to get some of my friends to help me get them
so i'll be able to get them for you.

DennisK4 said:

I can get behind that, lol. *looks at library, 7 beaten games out of 99*

UrbanRats

Any poor soul from the land of the free/home of the braves, who's willing to gift me Alice Madness Returns? as alway, i can instant paypal.
It's 15$ in the US, but 25€ (34$) for us old timers.

PM me the details for the payment.
Steam username = Gaf username.

UrbanRats said:
Any poor soul from the land of the free/home of the braves, who's willing to gift me Alice Madness Returns? as alway, i can instant paypal.
It's 15$ in the US, but 25€ (34$) for us old timers.

PM me the details for the payment.
Steam username = Gaf username.
Look two posts above you, he is helping me now

Gravijah

DennisK4 said:

but i was just playing a steam video game on my personal computer with microsoft windows

I should already know this but is there any way to easily change the name of a category that already has a bunch of games in it? Want to do some reorganizing.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey, if you just picked up the Grand Theft Auto pack, I highly recommend getting the widescreen FOV hack here. You do need a cracked .exe for it to work, but cracked .exes are fine on Steam for non-VAC games (such as GTA3). Without the fix, widescreen in the game is Vert- meaning that it is cutting the top and bottom off the image to fake it.

2b0098be3a1e2987380a72c21b3b697bb3c75fe6.png

400d0cb16da09bd4041791af30014c1052511041.png

Tomodachi

Stallion Free said:
Hey, if you just picked up the Grand Theft Auto pack, I highly recommend getting the widescreen FOV hack here. You do need a cracked .exe for it to work, but cracked .exes are fine on Steam for non-VAC games (such as GTA3). Without the fix, widescreen in the game is Vert- meaning that it is cutting the top and bottom off the image to fake it.
Tried San Andreas yesterday and it looks like utter crap. Can't change resolution, play in a window or set some nice antialiasing. Any tips here? Should I force everything with the nvidia panel?

I hate steam. Bought the classic GTA pack the last time they had the deal, now there's a better deal for the pack with GTA IV and the classic pack is more expensive... Can't believe this.

Tomodachi said:
Tried San Andreas yesterday and it looks like utter crap. Can't change resolution, play in a window or set some nice antialiasing. Any tips here? Should I force everything with the nvidia panel?

There's a mod for the Steam version that let's you play at 1080p, and it looks great.

I just bought the pack though so I can't help you for now.

Gravijah

Rocket Scientist said:
I hate steam. Bought the classic GTA pack the last time they had the deal, now there's a better deal for the pack with GTA IV and the classic pack is more expensive... Can't believe this.

when was the other deal?

zkylon

zkylewd
Rocket Scientist said:
Next year there'll be completer version with GTA V for $25 or something. It's the way of life, Based Gabe always wins. Best we can do is just enjoy the games.

True, it was 6 months ago. It's just odd that they would have two big grand theft auto deals like this and then the inferior one is 20 cents more expensive and doesn't give you GTA IV and Liberty Stories... I think that is a pathetic way of doing business.

Gravijah

Rocket Scientist said:
True, it was 6 months ago. It's just odd that they would have two big grand theft auto deals like this and then the inferior one is 20 cents more expensive and doesn't give you GTA IV and Liberty Stories... I think that is a pathetic way of doing business.

i don't see how giving consumers better deals is a pathetic way of doing business.

It's not. I'm just talking about the fact that they have the two different GTA packs, one is clearly superior and the other one should not be offered at all. I don't see why the inferior pack is even there. Smells like lame marketing ''oh look this pack is cheaper and better!''. Odd to me that you'd offer the clearly inferior product.

confused

Banned
Rocket Scientist said:
It's not. I'm just talking about the fact that they have the two different GTA packs, one is clearly superior and the other one should not be offered at all. I don't see why the inferior pack is even there. Smells like lame marketing ''oh look this pack is cheaper and better!''. Odd to me that you'd offer the clearly inferior product.

GTA Classics pack there for those that already own GTA 4/ or GTA 4 complete. It also predates the release of GTA 4. Stop being obtuse.

Gravijah

Rocket Scientist said:

but the other deal was 6 months ago and obviously it was a good deal at the time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The point we're all missing is that Rocket Scientist is privy to the events of Episode Three.

Wait, you're the gnome we sent into space, right?

Gravijah said:
but the other deal was 6 months ago and obviously it was a good deal at the time.
The other deal is running currently too.
confused said:
GTA Classics pack there for those that already own GTA 4/ or GTA 4 complete. It also predates the release of GTA 4. Stop being obtuse.
You can't gift the double games with these packs? That only happened with orange pack? Even if I owned IV and couldn't gift it, I would still buy the cheaper pack obviously. I think it's a bit confusing when you have these two packs and one is so much more superior for the same price. It would make more sense to either differentiate the price more, or simply only offer the superior pack this weekend, so you don't risk having people buy the inferior pack. To me it's just a lame move to not either differentiate the price more or only run the better pack for the weekend.
JaseC said:
The point we're all missing is that Rocket Scientist is privy to the events of Episode Three.

Wait, you're the gnome we sent into space, right?
Yes.

confused

Banned
Rocket Scientist said:
The other deal is running currently too.

You can't gift the double games with these packs? That only happened with orange pack? Even if I owned IV and couldn't gift it, I would still buy the cheaper pack obviously. I think it's a bit confusing when you have these two packs and one is so much more superior for the same price. It would make more sense to either differentiate the price more, or simply only offer the superior pack this weekend, so you don't risk having people buy the inferior pack. To me it's just a lame move to not either differentiate the price more or only run the better pack for the weekend.

Yes.

Gift copies almost never happen outside of pre-order specials and Valve's own Orange box (and even that is limited to only HL + eps even when buying Valve complete.). That's nothing new to Steam sales.

The other pack is on offer, once again, for the people that already own the GTA 4 trilogy, but not the classics.

The price discrepancies is because they offer an EXTRA discount for buying the complete pack to make it more enticing than buying the games seperately.

Once again, please stop being obtuse.

I don't deny that it is silly whining, but having two offers where one is much more superior is silly too. If someone didn't see the better deal, they'd buy a clearly inferior pack. If someone already has GTA IV, who cares if they are getting it again. Suspend the inferior pack for the weekend while the better deal is running. It's not that hard.

coopolon

Rocket Scientist said:
I don't deny that it is silly whining, but having two offers where one is much more superior is silly too. If someone didn't see the better deal, they'd buy a clearly inferior pack. If someone already has GTA IV, who cares if they are getting it again. Suspend the inferior pack for the weekend while the better deal is running. It's not that hard.

But the classics pack is $2 less? If I already had GTA IV and EFLC, you're saying I should buy the complete pack for $2 more even though it has absolutely no value to me?

amdnv

Tomodachi said:
What do you mean, you "can't"? I played the Steam version of San Andreas in 1920x1200 with AA. All set up from within the game options.

Tomodachi

amdnv said:
What do you mean, you "can't"? I played the Steam version of San Andreas in 1920x1200 with AA. All set up from within the game options.
Had a look around, it appears that later version than 1.1 removed some selectable resolutions. There are some discussions about downgrading the steam 3.0 version (it's possible) to 1.1 to enable 1080p but I still haven't managed to do it, every time I try the exe refuses to start.

Sober

coopolon said:
But the classics pack is $2 less? If I already had GTA IV and EFLC, you're saying I should buy the complete pack for $2 more even though it has absolutely no value to me?
Well gosh, I happen to be in that conundrum, so I'd better take the classics pack out of my cart and get the complete pack instead (no I won't).

confused

Banned
Not that I care about either games, but both daily deals are not showing up here in Europe. They show up in the news section but no discount for us.

wilflare

confused said:
Not that I care about either games, but both daily deals are not showing up here in Europe. They show up in the news section but no discount for us.

I face the same problem
omgg steam is breaking. -doomsday-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom