• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
so , there someone is working on NSFW patch for sakura clicker
they already extracted all the spirits in .png format , also the sound from the game

image.php

Hektor

Are we sure this is not Far Cry Urban Edition? Boy did they take heavy inspiration.
Looks a bit bland but there are very few open-world FPS games, so it gets a big plus by default.

We had GTA5, Watchdogs, Far Cry 3,4 and blood dragon , Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, Saints row 4 and Borderlands 2 in the last 3 years.

Jazz573

Adding a CD-check DRM feels like a waste of time and an annoyance for backers, but good on them to offer refunds to people should they not like that decision.

I don't think SP wanted to add it, but Key probably demanded that there be DRM.

Khronico

Very impressive. Still need to play Mount & Blade 1. What's the game to start or play though? I have all besides the Viking DLC.

Warband is the one you want to play.

Recommended Mods:

Gekokujo, a total conversion mod set in Sengoku period Japan

Floris Mod Pack, one of the most polished and feature complete mods for Warband. It's basically Warband 2.0

Prophesy of Pendor, a total conversion set in a new fictional world that's actually pretty cool and interesting. Be warned, it's significantly harder starting out in PoP than in the base game.

Warsword Conquest, total conversion mod set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Ashen footage from Gamescom

h2dRkYE.gif

Any video link? Gamersyde doesn't have it unfortunately, but it looks real cool.

Reminds me of Demon's Souls. They show way too few footage though. Need to see more.

I knew I liked the look, and I sorta realize why now. This is pretty on point.

So, a janky Dark Souls?

Dark Souls is a janky Dark Souls. Demon's Souls is a jankier Dark Souls. This game based on that GIF doesn't look any more janky.

So Far Cry and Borderlands games then. All others are TPS for me.

GTA V first person mode is pretty well executed. You can play it all legitimately first person

Man, sure would be nice if CDPR would at least update people on 1.08. I've been waiting for the patch to hit before continuing, but the wait's killing me. Especially as I don't want to start anything else without knowing how long it'll be.

I just want to continue... :'(

Oh, you wrote FPS. Mea Culpa.
:rfacepalm:
To be fair to you, WD and GTA5 can be played in first-person view I think but for me it seems like they are more meant as third-person. I did totally forget about Borderlands though. I think that's because I put them to a similar place like Fallout 3&NV as they are all designed around big open-world which have a lot of emptiness with load times to get to city like settlements. So what I originally thought of when posting was FPS in cities. But then again Far Cry is not like that, so I am not sure why I feel more comfortable with that as open-world. Hm, maybe because it is mainly a shooter and the world is seamless without loads and it has a lot less other elements like RPG ones compared to Fallout and Borderlands.

Sch1sm

GTA V first person mode is pretty well executed. You can play it all legitimately first person

I find the first person awkward, but I'm pretty sure it's because I'm too used to it being third person, well as first person is done.

Even owning a new gen copy, I keep it like it was for the 2013 Fall release. I'm just shit at adapting.

Ruruja

GMG now has a 26% off voucher that can be used on games like FF Type-0 HD.

Brings it down to £13.32 in UK.

EDIT: Got it via e-mail.

I think I'm ready to give up on Legend of Grimrock II.

I really like it's graphics, combat system, infinitely improved environments, etc.

But man, it's just such a punishing and obtuse game. I say that as someone who greatly enjoyed his Dark Souls and Bloodborne playthroughs. I feel like I put in a lot of effort to get past fights and puzzles for very little reward. I finally found a key to open a little door, behind which is a switch that presumably does something, but i can't tell what. Weeee!

I feel like I've gotten my money's worth on the sale price at least.

If you have a good PC make sure to get the Warband mod that increases the battle size. Having over a thousand people fighting at once is rad.

Annubis

Listen to this...man? I'll assume man. All these female avatars throw me off sometimes. But listen. It's the right answer.

I'm not one for mods. Even vanilla warband is a fine game.

It's not just a mod though, it brings back tons of stuff that never made it in the game or made it so damn poorly that it was unusable. Fixes a lot of things too.

I'll double down on Warband + Floris.

Also, set aside like 500h if you start playing...

Pachimari

Is Project CARS great on the PC with an active online community to compete against?

I'm thinking of making a setup with a Logitech G29 and a Vive VR headset early next year.

zkylon

zkylewd
^^ Thanks. I mean, there are quite the number of games under the name but all have about 200 players atm while Warband is over 10k. Gotta be something especially good with that.
warband is the one that got the most kindness out of modders and from the devs so it's the one most ppl play

with fire and sword isn't terrible but i don't love it either

I'm not one for mods. Even vanilla warband is a fine game.

i personally only use diplomacy since i feel floris adds a ton of stuff im not super interested in but that's i think the one most ppl recommend (and comes with diplomacy included)

you can get by with vanilla warband but there's some really nice usability improvements with diplomacy/floris like talking to town elders from the town menu that are very much must-haves, at least for me

denx

I think I'm ready to give up on Legend of Grimrock II.

I really like it's graphics, combat system, infinitely improved environments, etc.

But man, it's just such a punishing and obtuse game. I say that as someone who greatly enjoyed his Dark Souls and Bloodborne playthroughs. I feel like I put in a lot of effort to get past fights and puzzles for very little reward. I finally found a key to open a little door, behind which is a switch that presumably does something, but i can't tell what. Weeee!

I feel like I've gotten my money's worth on the sale price at least.

Sounds like my pexperience with the first LoG. Obtuse puzzles, hit switches that activate something who the fuck knows where, etc. I went into LoG expecting more combat than puzzling, so that was a big turnoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom