• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck you, Bioware and EA.
Fuck you for not giving us Poles the ability to select bloody English subtitles in Dragon Age: Inquisition, despite the game having all the relevant text intact (since I only needed to get two 20 kB files from the English version of the game, it's simply not possible to not have the actual English text stored someplace else).
Fuck you for wasting an hour of my life on looking up various, frustrated treads on forums dealing with this shit.
Fuck you for doing shit like that in 2015.
Your game looks like poop either way.
Respectfully,
Knurek
Just don't do it man! It's not worth your time.

Don't want to brag but ehr, me and Faye. We totally a couple now.
?

Also why can't you upgrade now?

8jGVIIT.png
Also why can't you upgrade now?
I am special and so I got a special Windows 8 version which doesn't let me upgrade to Win10 :S

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I am special and so I got a special Windows 8 version which doesn't let me upgrade to Win10 :S

Oh my, I'll mention this now, Binary Domain has multiple endings and the character relationship system changes some cutscenes and some bigger things later in end-game, without saying too much. I mention this because that scene means you have a higher relationship with Faye right now, and to let you know some scenes will play out very differently depending on your relationship with the characters.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Well I've now done impressions for all the games in the bundle. Some I did way back when, but most were done recently. So you can look in my posting history for 'em.

Personally, I'd say you should think about posting your impressions as Steam reviews, their insightful.

Finished mind path to thalamus

Wow that ending is as subtle as being hit by a speeding bus. It's the polar opposite of Dead Esther where zero mystery is left intact and everything is handed to you. You know, sometimes less is more devs.

But I suppose it's worth it just for its Dali inspired stages. A pretty game to look at.

Wow that ending is as subtle as being hit by a speeding bus. It's the polar opposite of Dead Esther where zero mystery is left intact and everything is handed to you. You know, sometimes less is more devs.

But I suppose it's worth it just for its Dali inspired stages. A pretty game to look at.

Dear Esther is one of the worst "games" I've ever played.
I'm not sure if another walking simulator could do worse...

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alpha Kimori: Great Doubt - Episode 1 -- MB-516525014F7C6ACA - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Train of Afterlife -- MB-3C3D33468F65A7BB - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Cubicle Quest -- MB-94E50994143EE867 - Taken by SSPssp. 4 entrants total.
CAFE 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~ Deluxe -- MB-4EE17F0C434F8DB5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-6F6D6C255A8AC546 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
100% Orange Juice -- MB-DF8424BF0F51F57C - Taken by Sch1sm. 2 entrants total.

t1438830797z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In case you can't spend an entire afternoon at BLITZ AND CHIIIIIIITZ!!!!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition Bundle -- MB-5CFFB59CBA9C7271 - Taken by Nyteshade517

Wubba-lubba-dub-dub

Wow that ending is as subtle as being hit by a speeding bus.

From what I remember, the developers went that route because they wanted the whole thing to actually be a parody of pretentious arty games. That's why the final boss' words basically yank the teeth out of your head and subvert the rest of the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dear Esther is one of the worst "games" I've ever played.
I'm not sure if another walking simulator could do worse...
duno if one of the worst but def a game that didn't mean anything to me despite how certain it seemed to be that it was like super duper compelling with its fancy art and music

but it didn't say anything to me and like i love something like gone home so it's not that i can't relate to walking simulators, it's just that this particular one felt overly dramatic and flowery for not much at all

Is there any other zombie/survival with local co-op games besides How to Survive?
I've only found online/mmo survival ones so far. I hate multiplayer survival, lots of trolls.

Dsyndrome

Surprised Win 10 is working so well, games that were borked somewhat in Win 8.1 now seem to work better (Nox via GOG Galaxy), and some I'm surprised work at all (C&C via Origin). Every game I've tried has worked well without issue.

Hoping DMC4SE and The New Order work and continue the trend. Only issues I've had thus far at all with the OS is it asks me every time I restart what Firewall I want to turn on, and having to manually delete and reinstall GeForce Experience.

Yennifer wants me to do her a solid for free to go help her get a Djnn, iight cool, its a side character and those tend to be the important side quest so lets go. She has a boat set up and shit so we walk to the boat and she's being all cocky like "yea i had it all set up, i knew you'd come" at this point im like this woman is way too cocky, "thats why i triss is better than you" is what i think, We're at the boat and she tells me to get in, I get in the boat, but the boat doesn't move... a few seconds later.. "Garelt are you going to get in the boat?" bitch, I'm in the boat, you're the one not moving it. So I jump in and out sitting on the other side of the boat hoping for it to start, now she says something the along the lines of I'm wasting her time, finally the quest activates. Just for being annoying I'm going to kill that Djnn or do whatever is in my power to not give it to her, not only cause she likes the kiss that king's ass who I dont like, but most importantly I'm going to do it out of spite cause she wouldn't move the damn boat and blamed me for it.

I'm spiteful to even fictional characters, I get it from my mom's side.

Surprised Win 10 is working so well, games that were borked somewhat in Win 8.1 now seem to work better (Nox via GOG Galaxy), and some I'm surprised work at all (C&C via Origin). Every game I've tried has worked well without issue.

Hoping DMC4SE and The New Order work and continue the trend. Only issues I've had thus far at all with the OS is it asks me every time I restart what Firewall I want to turn on, and having to manually delete and reinstall GeForce Experience.

The only ones I've run into so far that have spat the dummy at Win10 are ESO and Ancient Space. ESO crashes every few seconds but others outside of Win10 seem to have that problem. Ancient Space is also very touchy, will only run windowed and doesn't like any Alt-tabbing but again it is notoriously crashy anyway.

I had a peek at the Witcher 3 SteamDB history page. Looks like there was some activity about 20 hours ago. Can someone who understands this stuff better than me have a look at it and tell me if it indicates the new patch data is being prepared? Desperate for it to release so I can finally get on with the game.

Yennifer wants me to do her a solid for free to go help her get a Djnn, iight cool, its a side character and those tend to be the important side quest so lets go. She has a boat set up and shit so we walk to the boat and she's being all cocky like "yea i had it all set up, i knew you'd come" at this point im like this woman is way too cocky, "thats why i triss is better than you" is what i think, We're at the boat and she tells me to get in, I get in the boat, but the boat doesn't move... a few seconds later.. "Garelt are you going to get in the boat?" bitch, I'm in the boat, you're the one not moving it. So I jump in and out sitting on the other side of the boat hoping for it to start, now she says something the along the lines of I'm wasting her time, finally the quest activates. Just for being annoying I'm going to kill that Djnn or do whatever is in my power to not give it to her, not only cause she likes the kiss that king's ass who I dont like, but most importantly I'm going to do it out of spite cause she wouldn't move the damn boat and blamed me for it.

I'm spiteful to even fictional characters, I get it from my mom's side.
Oh god, you're a horrible monster. There's a reason she's so eager to find a djinn, she never asked for this.

I wonder which will finish first, Kentucky Route 0 or the Dream Machine. The latter's first episode came out in 2011! Apparently all of the episodes aside from the 1st and 4th are huge though. Going to start that game up again, first chapter was great but I got distracted by other things. Think they said the 5th chapter that released in December 2014 is the size of the first four combined.

I haven't played Dear Esther, but don't get me started on To the Moon. I can't imagine Dear Esther being worse than that.

Yes.
Yes it is.
To the Moon had a story and good music.
Dear Esther has a few pretty pieces of landscaping and some ridiculously slow walking.

How many people here is watching that show?

Everyone *should* be.

In case you can't spend an entire afternoon at BLITZ AND CHIIIIIIITZ!!!!

Wubba-lubba-dub-dub

Krombopulos Michael would approve.

Khronico

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the dogfight mode I'm still enjoying Ace Combat AH quite a bit.

Makes me wish we got other Ace Combat games on PC.

Caerith

Oh boy, here I go killing again.

The PS2 AC games are the best.

I've only played Ace Combat Zero, and I was really struck by the music, narrative framework, and how awesome the Su-37 is. It's also one of the few games that succeeds at making you feel important. I mean, lots of games have you being the chosen one or whatever, but most handle it like "oh we're too stupid to live please save us." In Zero, you build up a reputation through the game to the point that enemy pilots are singling you out and in the final mission
everyone else's mission is to fly into incoming fire to protect you
. If the others in the series came to Steam, I'd correct the mistake of not having played them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Miff, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fairy Fencer F -- MB-35325F934E167452 - Taken by Ventara. 96 entrants total.

t1438881137z1.png

Man I loved the Ace Combat series. Man, I should really look into getting AC5: The Unsung War...I've always wanted to buy it but never bit the bullet on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom