• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Posting myself from the FFF Thread:

I just want to say that dealing with Idea Factory International has been one of the most pleasant experiences I've had with gaming. I had a problem that they were able to fix right away and they were very professional about it seeing as how it was just a X1 controller driver that didn't automatically install.

Here is how it went down:

IFI%20correspondence_zpsw5dkelkn.png~original

IFI%20correspondence%202_zpsvhl0suvu.png~original

Now THAT, my friends, is how you do customer service. They basically guaranteed day 1 purchases from me on STEAM for as long as they release games on the platform.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like that Letter's Quest Remastered includes both the original and remastered versions of the game. Take note, everybody else!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
had the b-roll stuff from mount and blade 2 been posted?

saw it on kotaku, lots of cool stuff in that video, the overhead map, conversation, inventory, character creation, all of that looks familiar but improved, very pleased with all of that on top of the new stuff in the other video

also goofy voiceacting is stlil there!

so good

really wish it had a release date ;_;

I need more footage of the hit reactions, those were nice.

Specifically, I want to see some horse combat. And some decapitations.

I don't understand I checked earlier on my badge page and it didn't show up and checked before I posted that and it was there.. are you saying this is old? Now I feel like such a cad.

The question was regarding to "i wont come back after 3 days like some other members" ;)

Dr Dogg

Yeesh. That 'Bloodborne is a great game, but a bad Souls game' thread has really brought out some lovely people.

I like that Letter's Quest Remastered includes both the original and remastered versions of the game. Take note, everybody else!

Revolution Software does this with Broken Sword 1 Director's Cut and 2 Remastered...

On GOG :(

I just want to say that dealing with Idea Factory International has been one of the most pleasant experiences I've had with gaming. I had a problem that they were able to fix right away and they were very professional about it seeing as how it was just a X1 controller driver that didn't automatically install.

Now THAT, my friends, is how you do customer service. They basically guaranteed day 1 purchases from me on STEAM for as long as they release games on the platform.

Only 11 hours for a reply..? Kinda wishing Valve could step up their support game.

Arthea

IF rocks, already fixed borderless mode problem, in less than a day!

Everything would be great with FFF, but for some reason I still don't get 60 fps, while most people do, I went through my settings, I still don't see what can be causing it... a bummer.

damn,missed fifa 15 key at 0,95 cents..

wait what?

Dsyndrome

So now my laptop won't detect or be detected via Bluetooth since upgrading to Win 10. It worked when I first installed it, then later this evening, nothing's good. Wondering if something was jacked up in the latest update or If I have to go tinker with a registry enumerator or something similar.

Arthea

There is FFF thread? I couldn't find one yesterday even with google search.

btw, are you getting 60 fps?

on gamesrocket,but it's now out of stock

http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/FIFA-15.html?ref=516

probably an error

aww eww
I always miss those lately, I blame work.

Dr Dogg

So SteamGAF likes football and Origin now?

Note to self: stay the fuck out of that thread.

It's more of a case of folks reading the title and reacting to that than actually reading the OP, using some reasoning or question him as to why they think that. It's hard to quantify really but calling something a Souls game has a kind of reductive quality about it like a genre classification as they are a combination of elements that are quite unlike anything else. So while Bloodborne isn't part of the same series of games as a genre descriptor Souls game is about as close as it gets.

Can't comment on the game as I've not played it but I get the OP's point and the discussion they were trying to make. I mean I've reasoned that Demon's Souls has a level structure and gameloop reminiscent to MegaMan but no one jumped on my back, maybe because I didn't use the adjective bad when describing it that seems to rustle some folks knickers. I mean look you progress through the stages in the order you chose but there's a best order to take. 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 5-1, 4-1, 4-2 etc for Demon's Souls and something like Airman before Bubbleman in MM2 as the Air Cutter does double damage to him and there is a pattern for each Robot Master's weakness. You face a boss at the end of every level which upon defeating them get a new weapon (alright you need to forge them in Demon's), levels have multiple ways to traverse but all end at the same spot (not quite as dense in MM) and to the untrained you will die lots in both. Fuck, those 19 days until the MegaMan Collection coming out are going to be hard.

Sch1sm

Who cares, JRPGs o/

I will live and die by this backlog orz

It's not a backlog if you play them, Soul. God.

I tried a bit of Freedom Planet earlier. Not sure I'll finish it this time around. It may need to do back into the backlog for now. From what I did play, it reminded me of Sonic games. I immediately went to authentic Sonic with an emulator.

Dr Dogg

We talked about the XCOM2 strategic layer footage from Gamescom yet? Looks great, there's a ton of depth on display.

Wait the canon story is that we lost in Enemy Unknown? Should have got them satalites up quicker chumps.

Looks great so far but I hope they keep enough of the streamlined nature of EU but bring some of the depth of OG XCOM/UFO to us folks this side of the Atlantic.

Edit: New classes look fucking boss!

Edit, edit: Ok Dark Events sound really cool.

JaseC

Bah, Dirty Funds (side-quest in Adventures of Geralt 3) is still broken for me. Maybe I'll just ignore the game for a few months and then start fresh.

You snazzy people with your Windows 10s. No one needs that yet! Always wait till the first Service Pack! Glad you beta-test for me!

...silently checks dreamspark for Windows 10 serial ;_;
Why don't you just buy a cheap Windows 7 or 8 key and upgrade it?
Guys

This is PC gaming. We don't get 'sales', pftt
We also have to buy upgrades for several hundred pounds every four months just to play on the lowest settings.

dex3108

Bah, Dirty Funds (side-quest in Adventures of Geralt 3) is still broken for me. Maybe I'll just ignore the game for a few months and then start fresh.

I had to go back to older save (i was lucky it was only around 20-30 minutes before) to complete that quest.

Miff

btw, are you getting 60 fps?

On the steam forum someone mentioned that going into the .INI file and changing the FPS lock from 60 to 120 fixed their 30 fps issue. Seems like a long shot to me but no harm in trying? Compatibility mode may help too (XP SP3?).

AFAIK the game does try to do some scaling for weak setups but not sure if this is causing the 30fps or what it bases it on.

JaseC

I had to go back to older save (i was lucky it was only around 20-30 minutes before) to complete that quest.

I didn't realise the quest hadn't been marked as complete until several hours after I'd actually completed it. :( It'd be nice if CDPR gave PC players the option of marking quests as complete via the console; doing so would allow affected users to sidestep buggy quests while CDPR works on proper fixes.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's not a backlog if you play them, Soul. God.

I tried a bit of Freedom Planet earlier. Not sure I'll finish it this time around. It may need to do back into the backlog for now. From what I did play, it reminded me of Sonic games. I immediately went to authentic Sonic with an emulator.

Jokes on you, even though I beat a ridiculous amount (I'm at a kind of low number with 35ish so far this year, but add 18 days of gametime of FF14, and you realize I could be at 20-40 more) I BUY MORE THAN I PLAY SOMEHOW ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom