• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Urrggghhh consolidating years worth of Steam emails to one email account wasn't the fun and easy thing I'd thought it would be. Still that shit's done for good now so hello dedicated Steam email account. No more will your market transaction emails slip through email filters into my inbox or spam folders.

I stopped doing those. With a newborn at home I don't really have the time.

You're looking at HattiWatti's fine work :p

(this was likely already answered but... I'm slow going through the thread today)

Wow end of an era though I hope you'll get a taste for it again someday, less hands full day of course. Belated congratulations by the way.

Salsa

oXMbtaW.png

phuck it

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Why does Nuclear Throne feel like it's running with like 15FPS?
I know it's a 30FPS only hame, bad enough, but the game feels really unresponsive and slow imo...

I love the game but this kind of prevents me from playing it for real :/

Salsa

I know it's a 30FPS only hame, bad enough, but the game feels really unresponsive and slow imo...

this is brought up every now and then and I find it really weird

in theory i'd agree with you, but playing the game feels really good and responsive to me

it runs at 30 for me, tho.. there's some intentional slowdown with screen shakes and stuff like that, which Vlambeer does in pretty much every one of their games

I mean Luftrausers is the same as this and no one complaints

I find it to be totally fine

The_Super_Inframan

this is brought up every now and then and I find it really weird

in theory i'd agree with you, but playing the game feels really good and responsive to me

it runs at 30 for me, tho.. there's some intentional slowdown with screen shakes and stuff like that, which Vlambeer does in pretty much every one of their games

I mean Luftrausers is the same as this and no one complaints

I find it to be totally fine

funnily enough Luftrausers feels fine :p
No clue what the problem really is, it just feels kinda "wrong" to me *shrugs*

Salsa

funnily enough Luftrausers feels fine :p
No clue what the problem really is, it just feels kinda "wrong"

there's a lot of liberties and things that one might think "huh why did they do this" to the game, like the 30fps lock and the 4:3 aspect ratio

I do think they eventually make sense tho, tho the framerate might be more of an aesthetic kinda thing, since they always do that

you'll likely get used to it. game isnt exactly bullet hell as if to be much of an obstacle

Could've waited until Winter sale. Might not have a discount but you can put your purchase total getting a Winter card.

I have some free time to play it today. I doubt it'll be on sale and meh meta games

Salsa

I barely launched Undertale but this avoiding mechanic thingie when enemies attack you is pretty smart

active combat systems (and similar) are the best

decided to not keep it after reading some reviews and seeing the average playtime in the +20 hour range. Aint got time for that. Hope someone enjoys it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-16092FC840560591 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 5 entrants total.

t1449610991z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

there's a lot of liberties and things that one might think "huh why did they do this" to the game, like the 30fps lock and the 4:3 aspect ratio

I do think they eventually make sense tho, tho the framerate might be more of an aesthetic kinda thing, since they always do that

you'll likely get used to it. game isnt exactly bullet hell as if to be much of an obstacle

I will play it some more :)

titch

Bundlestars site is shitting the bed ATM.

Glad I managed to get my order through and pretty impressed how quickly stream refunded the anthology.

Bet they have had to refund a bucketload tonight!!!

Sini

It doesn't feel like 15 fps to me, but it feels like ~25-30 fps with stuttering, game still feels responsive, but it's hard on eyes. People attacked me when I asked about it on another forum so I dunno.

Jawmuncher

Hey that's Super Joe, he's a classic Capcom character.
K70zVw3.png

He might be more relevant in 2015 than Dino Crisis :(

Capcom just trying to bury Dino Crisis even further. Ghosts and Goblins getting two characters in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 didn't help either.

GaussTek

Bundlestars site is shitting the bed ATM.

Glad I managed to get my order through and pretty impressed how quickly stream refunded the anthology.

Bet they have had to refund a bucketload tonight!!!

Kinda regret refunding the Anthology. Can't access my keys yet, got the "Order Cancelled" (but got charged) thing as many others.

My first time buying from them. Didn't know their site was shit, otherwise I would have abstained.

(Perhaps I'm just being a bit impatient, but yeah :p)

waiting for my cards to sell so i can buy it. all $$ i made from idling will go towards it, $1.41 cents to go! cmon, someone buy my cards pls.

Funny but only because both belong to the garbage bin.

I don't drink energy drinks but my co worker does, sometimes i take a bit of his Monster. I don't know if the different colors taste different but he likes the blue ones, I like the taste, not a fan of Red Bull tho, tried it once and it tasted like crap.

dex3108

Man Steam and PC deals generally ruined me. I can't even push myself to buy Until Dawn for 18£/28$/25€ for retail copy that can sell. :(

Maniac

Banned
It could also be said the other way around, can't say any energy drinks are good.
I'm personally mostly inclined towards Cult (a Danish brand), then after that it'd probably be Pussy (which is British, I believe?) and then Red Bull. Monster would be on the "trash-tier" level of my list.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Pay at least a $1 to get Avalanche 2 Steam key on IndieGame Stand. https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Pay $1.45 for the OST, $9 for Orbital Gear and another hidden game, $20 to sign up for Game Deals on the site plus 20% off purchases afterward.

Part of the funds will go to AbleGamers Charity. An organisation dedicated to helping those with disabilities play games through custom controllers, reviews dedicated to how playable a game is (one handed, colour blindness, etc), guides for developers on how to make games more accessible for everyone, and more.

wWcGZA6l.jpg

Save me SteamGAF, what the heck am I not seeing here? How do I progress?

The {5} and {2} have to have at least one in common.
When a -3- only has four options in a row (not broken up already), you can always mark the ones on the ends. So in this case, you can make the cell shared by {2} and -3- on the right side of the screen.

mrgone

Capcom just trying to bury Dino Crisis even further. Ghosts and Goblins getting two characters in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 didn't help either.

Well it's kind of a wash there. With MvC3 Marvel basically made Capcom do their homework, then took their lunch money and gave them a swirly in the girls' bathroom. Disney knows a thing or two about legal bullying.

rtcn63

I had mostly DD coffee and Red Bull at school, although I tended to procrastinate, so reading multiple chapters the night before an exam was common.

I felt like shit nonstop.

I have RE0 on GC (I think, somewhere) and I never finished it. It's not a bad RE, and I went further in it than I did the remake, but the lack of inventory boxes was a detriment. I'd have foyers littered with items. Also the game was pretty difficult in the second half (or maybe I'm terrible, like I said I didn't get too far in remake).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom