• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Cubic Bundle extras:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Space Farmers - DOUBLE PACK! -- MB-449D67FCAD5F4C73 - Taken by Mixed2k
The Apotheosis Project -- MB-1A2457FB20A850C6 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Neocolonialism -- MB-5799167CE0512BE1 - Taken by Abomination
Stigmat -- MB-0A3FB7786C77DB99 - Taken by derExperte
Fitz the Fox -- MB-FDC7D2B9C7D946BF - Taken by Kifimbo

Kagemusha

I think a winter sale had 13 cards. Cards are only going for 11 or 12 cents. Hope they go up to 25c later in sale. Should have waited to see what the meta game was before crafting.

AssUnity's story is quite short(for AC standards), and a bit underwhelming, part of it stemmed from lacking an interesting cast of characters me thinks. Ezio trilogy did so well to make me care.

Shantom

Steamworld Heist reviews are coming out. Looking good, which is awesome because I really enjoyed my time with Steamworld Dig.

Too bad it's on a delay for PC. I doubt it will come up in time for the winter sale.

I played a bit of it at EGX and loved it. Torn between waiting for PC or just getting it straight away on 3DS.

Lomax

I think a winter sale had 13 cards. Cards are only going for 11 or 12 cents. Hope they go up to 25c later in sale. Should have waited to see what the meta game was before crafting.

The only way they'll go up is if there is a meta game that consumes them, and we haven't had one of those in quite a while.

madjoki

All previous sales has been 10 cards.

Yeah, hoping for good event that requires use of cards, so prices stay higher.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder if I'll get a sale foil this time around. My bad luck in that regard is really quite ridiculous:

Summer Sale 2013: 0
Winter Sale 2013: 0
Summer Sale 2014: 0
Winter Sale 2014: 0
Summer Sale 2015: 0
Winter Sale 2015: ?

Vamphuntr

Wild Island Quest trailer make it seems like not even worth 2$.

podPcrX.jpg

I7AhmAN.jpg

y2OG0Xz.jpg

Any of those games good?

Jazz573

I just find it ironic that over the last few years the combat in the souls game went from being the hurdle that many couldn't get over to now the gold standard for RPG combat and anything that doesn't do souls combat is no good, even if it isn't trying to do that at all.

as a fan of both series, it's annoying to see people pit them
against one another. Both are competent, both fit their series rather well, and they can coexist just fine.

Hey Stump, could you do me a nice favor and make this guy a member please? He's got over 300 posts.

Lomax

They better introduce one as i'm stuck with foils that are worth nothing >.>

I wouldn't call 75 cents "nothing" but if the past few sales are any indication, hanging onto them in hope will be a mistake. Both of the last two sales gave a card to everyone at the very beginning of the sale, which destroyed what little value they had and killed any chance of a spike back up. While something different may happen this time, it seems unlikely at best.

Tizoc

Good luck, PM me if a key doesn't work for you :X
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Slug X -- MB-75B279F2F1AEC72B - Taken by Cth. 22 entrants total.
Overlord -- MB-C99E4949E99910C9 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 1 entrants total.
Monstrum -- MB-DE32FAE69024E93A - Taken by dave is ok. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match -- MB-528DB7C080FBE112 - Taken by bloke. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-5AF4515C1B3C15C3 - Taken by Shalashaska. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match -- MB-78ABD1E31880FD65 - Taken by 73V3N. 8 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Metal Slug -- MB-404B968862C2DB98 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 21 entrants total.
Lichdom Battlemage -- MB-948E4A5B72185FC6 - Taken by dot. 17 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising -- MB-81ECBC3562949716
GRID 2 PlusDrift Pack -- MB-2F01EDA28E58D511 - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.
GemCraft: Chasing Shadows -- MB-0F43AF90E6D147BB - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
t1cxE6r.gif
Super 3D Noah's Ark -- MB-7538270FD8A02AC3 - Taken by KainXVIII. 4 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-3039E710A955825A
Horizon Shift -- MB-6D0BF9F8458A9407 - Taken by internetwolf. 1 entrants total.

t1cxE6r.gif
3D Realms Anthology -- MB-18A48D192DDBA93C - Taken by chronomac. 13 entrants total.
Cast of the Seven Gods -- MB-C198C4AFDE303B81 - Taken by Jalal. 4 entrants total.
Hospital Tycoon -- MB-0E9A998A8D4125C8 - Taken by Hektor. 2 entrants total.
DiRT Showdown -- MB-EB77A5C19AA20244 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.

t1449690925z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Lightning Gift -- MB-39D7747BCC0438DE - Taken by TheAutomator
Mystery Freebie -- MB-C4AF802BA8DF826C - Taken by Kagemusha

Actually, ME3's gameplay and multiplayer were the saving grace of the whole game, especially after the clusterfuck that occurred upon release.

If you wanted more of Mass Effect, or even Mass Effect 2, you most certainly did not think the Gears of Warish gameplay and multiplayer was saving anything. It wasn't wanted, nor asked for.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Bundle Stars THE ULTIMATE GAME MAKERS BUNDLE

Tier 1 - $2.99 for 8 Steam keys

Including $150 of Steam software, make your own FPS, RPG and more with RPG Maker XP, GameGuru, Axis Game Factory and more!

With GameGuru creating, sharing and selling your own games has never been easier! Sculpt your virtual 3D world, drop in trees, buildings, characters and other game elements - then press a button &...

Tier 2 - Only $7.99 to add 11 more Steam keys!

Save an extra $315 and add loads more strings to your game making bow with Tier 2 -

Includes RPG Maker VX Ace and DLC, Axis Game Factory Premium and GameGuru DLC!

Visit http://www.bundlestars.com/store/?yt to grab RPG Maker XP for a limited time only! RPG Maker VX Ace is the latest and greatest engine in the RPG Maker series, improving on every aspect of...

Tier 3 - Just $14.99 for 29 Steam keys!

Want to take your game making to the next level? If you pay $14.99, you'll get all of the above plus App Game Kit, loads of extra RPG Maker DLC, GeoVox and more!

Visit http://www.bundlestars.com/store/?yt to grab App Game Kit 2 for a limited time only! App Game Kit is an easy & instant game development engine, ideal for Hobbyist and Indie developers.

Tier 4 - Pay $79.99 and add RPG Maker MV plus DLC!

The ultimate game making tier - Pay $79.99 and you can get all of the above plus the hugely powerful new RPG Maker MV software with two DLCs, saving 90%!

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/ultimate-game-makers-bundle

ViviOggi

I really should pick up Undertale again but right after finally replacing my ancient rig I can't resist games with more graphics

If you wanted more of Mass Effect, or even Mass Effect 2, you most certainly did not think the Gears of Warish gameplay and multiplayer was saving anything. It wasn't wanted, nor asked for.

It's the only reason why ME3 continues to have any sort of mindshare in the multiplayer marketplace. Even people who hated the game admitted that the multiplayer was surprisingly decent.

Credit where credit is due. I think 3 is the worst of the series, but even I know how well MP went over.

Grief.exe

My 2016 anticipated titles is going to be heavily represented by indie releases. There are a lot of interesting games coming from small studios next year.

Dr Dogg

Looking at the past 'Most hyped up so much I'm going to jizz in my pants' threads of yore most of the top contenders from the results threads got delayed until the year after.

Not saying 'don't get excited!' but looking at what peeps vote for, how said games were marketed and how they were received generally upon release, it might be best not to get your hopes up. Not that anyone is going to listen to me with my AssCreed disease.

zkylon

zkylewd
next year's gonna be pretty aaa for me

persona 5, dark souls, xcom2, dxhr2, disho2, overwatch, nier 2 if it's next year (no way it's next year)

the only indie game i can think of right now is ladykiller in a bind which is probably #1 in my list, and maybe tacoma. can't think of many more

also i'm excited for the inevitable second kickstarter by obsidian next year

it's gonnna be great

edit: whoa i forgot about the witness. definitely the witness

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
next year's gonna be pretty aaa for me

persona 5, dark souls, xcom2, dxhr2, disho2, overwatch, nier 2 if it's next year (no way it's next year)

the only indie game i can think of right now is ladykiller in a bind which is probably #1 in my list, and maybe tacoma. can't think of many more

also i'm excited for the inevitable second kickstarter by obsidian next year

it's gonnna be great

edit: whoa i forgot about the witness. definitely the witness

The witness HYPE, I don't know what it is but it looks incredible.

Not saying 'don't get excited!' but looking at what peeps vote for, how said games were marketed and how they were received generally upon release, it might be best not to get your hopes up.
What anyone else votes for doesn't at all matter though for someones personal expectations.

FloatOn

I'm sadly a bit clueless about what is coming out in 2016 in the indie scene. I know Fire Watch and No Man's Sky has a ton of buzz but it seems for me that 2016 is going to be all about:

Street Figther 5
XCOM 2
Dark Souls 3
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Dishonored 2
Mirror's Edge Catalyst

and then I still have a ton of heavy hitters from 2015 I haven't played yet like Witcher 3 or Metal Gear Solid 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom