• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mortal Kombat X on Steam lacking anything compared to its console counterpart?
It's been pretty much patched up to be the same. I don't know if the dlc is still coming later than it does on consoles, though

Also, the online community never took off since it was super fucked up on launch. So online play might not be there if you're interested in that.

Ludens

Banned
But it is combat focused. Near half the time you're just fighting. And like i said, even if that isn't the focus of the game, it's part of it and as auch should be the best it possibly can. "Good enough" doesn't exist for me, when i'm trying to entertain myself.

Yeah, but it's good. I don't know what people want, really. You can:

-select your skills in order to create the best combination possible between them
-select different tree skills, so you can mix melee combat, signs, alchemy
-mutagens
-runes on your weapons and armors

For me, it's deep enough. It's not washed out, it's not deep like, dunno, Diablo 2, but it's good.

Yeah, but it's good. I don't know what people want, really. You can:

-select your skills in order to create the best combination possible between them
-select different tree skills, so you can mix melee combat, signs, alchemy
-mutagens
-runes on your weapons and armors

For me, it's deep enough. It's not washed out, it's not deep like, dunno, Diablo 2, but it's good.
I just find it ironic that over the last few years the combat in the souls game went from being the hurdle that many couldn't get over to now the gold standard for RPG combat and anything that doesn't do souls combat is no good, even if it isn't trying to do that at all.

as a fan of both series, it's annoying to see people pit them
against one another. Both are competent, both fit their series rather well, and they can coexist just fine.

Ludens

Banned
I just find it ironic that over the last few years the combat in the souls game went from being the hurdle that many couldn't get over to now the gold standard for RPG combat and anything that doesn't do souls combat is no good, even if it isn't trying to do that at all.

against one another. Both are competent, both fit their series rather well, and they can coexist just fine.

Exactly, I liked Witcher 3, I like DS.
But a DS game with Witcher 3 combat system would suck, a Witcher game with DS combat system would suck too.

It only happens on gaming enthusiast forums, I doubt the average video game playing Joes and Janes have heard of the souls series, let alone played them.

MadGear

Oh boy, this new CS:GO weapon is so much fun. It really doesn't fit in the game but it pretty much turns deathmatch into an instagib gamemode (without the splatter) and surprisingly this is actually a lot of fun.

I also won a giveway for once (not on GAF) ... yay. Sadly its Bloodborne DLC and I don't own either BB or a PS4 (entered for a random Steam game) xD I hope that the only one I know owning a PS4 hasn't bought the DLC yet.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The next Dino Crisis will be written by Double Fine and involve raptor chases just like in Jurassic World to handle both of these complaints.
I'd buy that shit without thinking twice, and I didn't even like what little I played of DC2 back then (I can't deal with fixed cameras and tank controls). I also haven't seen Jurassic World, but I picture the chase being similar to the Stampede scene in The Lion King, only with dinosaurs.

It will also have budget problems.
Which will make them release it on steam early access where almost no one will buy it.
They won't have money to finish the game so they just call a normal patch for v1.0 and move forward to crowdfunding their next game.
I notice a bit of anger in this post. Aren't you glad about Psychonauts 2?

Hektor

Exactly, I liked Witcher 3, I like DS.
But a DS game with Witcher 3 combat system would suck, a Witcher game with DS combat system would suck too.

How exactly would W3 with DS Combat suck? I thought the combat ain't the focus anyways, so the game would still keep its strengths, or not?

GOTY?

tumblr_nw2mmwG2LN1sdu82ao1_500.png

Ludens

Banned
How exactly would W3 with DS Combat suck? I thought the combat ain't the focus anyways, so the game would still keep its strengths, or not?

It depends, because you could simply want to proceed with the plot, but being stucked into a combat you can't manage to beat it would be awful. I think this is the reason why Souls games have a "minimalistic" approch to the plot too.

Ludens

Banned
It's mine. :)
In all honesty it might be my game of the generation like for the Bayonetta last one.

The ugly thing of very good games, like Undertale and Shovel Knight, it's that they will hardly get a deep discount in the near future.
Undertale seems fantastic.

Pachimari

It's been pretty much patched up to be the same. I don't know if the dlc is still coming later than it does on consoles, though

Also, the online community never took off since it was super fucked up on launch. So online play might not be there if you're interested in that.

Hmm, seems like I should buy all of my fighting games for PlayStation 4. First Dead or Alive 5 is missing content on PC, and now there's no community for Mortal Kombat X. Oh well, thanks for your feedback, very much appreciated.

I'll get Guilty Gear Xrd for PC though. Can't wait to use my stick again.

Messiah

SteamGOTY talk, huh? My GOTY should be awesome looking, have an outstanding soundtrack and amazing gameplay to boot ...

Now if only such a game was releasing today.

ExoSoul

Banned

Ahahah DD would like to have a word with you.

Almost all of that thread is like "Well it's not that good but it's better than witcher 3 at least".

What your seeing is a series of false flag operations by the Bloodbornites, they have started unscrupulously disguising themselves as "concerned" posters who want to know if others are "concerned" about the quality of other goty candiates.

They've escalated their operations after not getting a single VGA award, and they have set their sights on the greatest prize of all...GAF GOTY.

Steamgaf must mobilize to defeat this evil death cult and help crown the true GOTY

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation

The very livelihood of our order will hinge on this missions success.

Minecraft, like most totally sandbox games, isn't for me.

But I love that Notch still plays games. So many developers seem to just stay in that mode and when they do talk about other games, it seems really forced.

"I enjoyed The Bioshock this year." " I liked what they did with A Last of Us."

Kriken

I can't wait for Soulsborne fans to be massively upset when
MGS V
wins GOTY over Bloodborne

GAF will have a meltdown and demand a revote, just to vote it GOTY again
leuhkikcskn4.gif

It doesn't fit the lore for starters. Souls combat is also awful at handling mob encounters(don't say "git gud", you know FROM places several enemies at one place with the intent to screw with players), kiting them in TW3 with Souls combat would stretch the game looong (and I thought everyone got enough of rolling in TW2). In a story heavy game with cutscenes, playing the same section of a quest over and over again would definitely kill the momentum of the story.

I really can't wrap my mind around the idea of a witcher whose movements are heavily limited by his stamina.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Most of it was okay, took a few minutes reading the thread. Commented too fast when I saw the last page.

I understand why people like fallout even though I don't like it, something with exploring the wastelands almost makes me want to play it.

tuxfool

Banned
Most of it was okay, took a few minutes reading the thread. Commented too fast when I saw the last page.

I understand why people like fallout even though I don't like it, something with exploring the wastelands almost makes me want to play it.

Most of the thread is just mostly people ranging from being down on it and outright disliking it, with a few that like it. Which I think is probably representative of the overall feeling for FO4.

Along with a few of the hilarious "Don't play the game as it was designed to be".

Minecraft, like most totally sandbox games, isn't for me.

But I love that Notch still plays games. So many developers seem to just stay in that mode and when they do talk about other games, it seems really forced.

"I enjoyed The Bioshock this year." " I liked what they did with A Last of Us."

Notch doesn't develop games anymore.

Hektor

I was under the impression that Scrolls was still in development. Then, I looked it up and saw that it was released a year ago?

If it ain't on Steam, it ain't at all.

You only know half the truth, in fact, the servers are officially shutting down July 1, 2016 already.

Ozium

When you go to vote for your SteamGAF Goty, remember to look for the real treasures. The Undertails or the Underails or Contradiction. Do not be a slave to AAA publishers and the hype machine. Vote with your heart, soul and vision.

When Gaming side sees our selection they should be in awe of our taste, to say "SteamGAF understands vidya." The veil lifted and truth exposed, enlightenment will shine upon those who would otherwise ignore such titles, and we shall be hailed as gods.

Do it for us. Do it for one another.
Do it for yourself. Do it for each other.

When you go to vote for your SteamGAF Goty, remember to look for the real treasures. The Undertails or the Underails or Contradiction. Do not be a slave to AAA publishers and the hype machine. Vote with your heart, soul and vision.
OK, will vote BLOPS3 as GOTY.

When Gaming side sees our selection they should be in awe of our taste, to say "SteamGAF understands vidya." The veil lifted and truth exposed, enlightenment will shine upon those who would otherwise ignore such titles, and we shall be hailed as gods.

Do it for us. Do it for one another.
Do it for yourself. Do it for each other.

But they will never understand. If they could, it wouldn't be a chaotic mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom