• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you go to vote for your SteamGAF Goty, remember to look for the real treasures. The Undertails or the Underails or Contradiction. Do not be a slave to AAA publishers and the hype machine. Vote with your heart, soul and vision.

When Gaming side sees our selection they should be in awe of our taste, to say "SteamGAF understands vidya." The veil lifted and truth exposed, enlightenment will shine upon those who would otherwise ignore such titles, and we shall be hailed as gods.

Do it for us. Do it for one another.
Do it for yourself. Do it for each other.
I'll play it for you.

Dr Dogg

As much as some peeps were dead against it, I quite liked the multi in ME3. That's a lie I actually loved the multi in ME3. Then again I didn't mind it in DA:I so maybe I'm damaged goods.

Messiah

As much as some peeps were dead against it, I quite liked the multi in ME3. That's a lie I actually loved the multi in ME3. Then again I didn't mind it in DA:I so maybe I'm damaged goods.

I thought the ME3 multiplayer was universally considered to be very good. Way better than it had any right to be anyway.

multi in 3 was alright. I played it for about an hour or so. multi in DA:I is hot garbage tho, but then again, DA:I is a hot garbage game all around so what could one expect from the multiplayer, you know?

Dr Dogg

I thought the ME3 multiplayer was universally considered to be very good. Way better than it had any right to be anyway.

There's always a 'don't make my single player game have forced multiplayer!' crowd that will rile up against anything of the sort.

Quick question: I had an email from Steam around 1 AM telling me an item on my wishlist is on sale, Witcher 3, but I didn't read the email until about 10 AM. I went to Steam, and Witcher 3 is regular price, $59.99. Does Steam do really short sales, or was that some kind of mistake?

I'm not anxious to buy Witcher 3 right away, it's a back-burner game that I figured I'd look for during the holiday sale. I'm just curious why they'd tell me it's on sale and then it's not.

madjoki

Quick question: I had an email from Steam around 1 AM telling me an item on my wishlist is on sale, Witcher 3, but I didn't read the email until about 10 AM. I went to Steam, and Witcher 3 is regular price, $59.99. Does Steam do really short sales, or was that some kind of mistake?

I'm not anxious to buy Witcher 3 right away, it's a back-burner game that I figured I'd look for during the holiday sale. I'm just curious why they'd tell me it's on sale and then it's not.

It seems to be bugged and sending emails for games not on sale.

Uzzy

For sure. I also enjoyed the multiplayer in some of the assassins creed games.

Good stuff is welcome. Shocking, I know.

milena87

This year there were quite a few surprise games that weren't even on my radar at the end of last year, but I ended up enjoying immensely. Life is Strange, Rocket League (although I kinda suck at it), Cities Skylines and even Contradiction.
I'll have to try Undertale sooner or later, but I'll wait for a discount, as it isn't really my type of game.

But nothing is on the same level as The Witcher 3 for me. It's one of the best games I've ever played and as a huge Witcher fan I couldn't be happier with the conclusion to this trilogy.

There's always a 'don't make my single player game have forced multiplayer!' crowd that will rile up against anything of the sort.

The problems with Mass Effect 3 were the single player was lacking compared to the previous two Mass Effects, the single player game play was changed to be less tactical and more arcadey to match the multiplayer mode, and at least initially, you had to play several hours of multiplayer to get your readiness level high enough for the last battle in the single player.

They somewhat fixed the single player with dlc and patches but the damage to the multiplayer's purpose reputation was already done.

EA should have made the multiplayer the DLC or a seperate game.

Annubis

Good idea.

LEGAL NOTICE
Annubis does not condone, or suggest actions that result in the breaking of any law, or actions considered to be unlawful and/or above the law. Annubis does not advocate or condone physical violence as a means or part of means to any and all ends.

Annubis is not liable and free from any third party lawsuit or legal action brought against TheAutomator based upon any and all claims that would constitute a breach of any and all terms of the above between any and all parties, including but not limited to any third party lawsuit or any legal action otherwise, brought against TheAutomator. This indemnification will include 1) all lawyers fees and costs associated with the defense of such a claim, and 2) the award of any damages, settlements, and costs.

LEGAL NOTICE
Annubis does not condone, or suggest actions that result in the breaking of any law, or actions considered to be unlawful and/or above the law. Annubis does not advocate or condone physical violence as a means or part of means to any and all ends.

Annubis is not liable and free from any third party lawsuit or legal action brought against TheAutomator based upon any and all claims that would constitute a breach of any and all terms of the above between any and all parties, including but not limited to any third party lawsuit or any legal action otherwise, brought against TheAutomator. This indemnification will include 1) all lawyers fees and costs associated with the defense of such a claim, and 2) the award of any damages, settlements, and costs.

Shut up. You're my accomplice.

derExperte

What is the easiest way to kill a dog?

Owners of shitty small dogs that bark all day will just buy a new one, no matter how many you accidentally run over with your lawnmower. You gotta get rid of the source of the problem sooner or later. Good thing lawnmowers work for that too.

Owners of shitty small dogs that bark all day will just buy a new one, no matter how many you accidentally run over with your lawnmower. You gotta get rid of the source of the problem sooner or later. Good thing lawnmowers work for that too.

So many neat ideas already on my notepad. It's gonna be a busy day.

The problems with Mass Effect 3 were the single player was lacking compared to the previous two Mass Effects, the single player game play was changed to be less tactical and more arcadey to match the multiplayer mode, and at least initially, you had to play several hours of multiplayer to get your readiness level high enough for the last battle in the single player.

They somewhat fixed the single player with dlc and patches but the damage to the multiplayer's purpose reputation was already done.

EA should have made the multiplayer the DLC or a seperate game.

Actually, ME3's gameplay and multiplayer were the saving grace of the whole game, especially after the clusterfuck that occurred upon release.

GaussTek

Not Steam related, but made me laugh:

CVy9rUwVAAIl9aI.png

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Cubic Bundle:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Egyptian Senet -- MB-2974536DC02A1206 - Taken by nightstorm
Hit Tank PRO -- MB-9780E0619D7EF316 - Taken by madjoki
STOORM - Yellow Edition -- MB-A49907E2BA81640E - Taken by titch
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold -- MB-559C0516D3CBAC25 - Taken by GaussTek
Agapan -- MB-61B5F8C5A160175B - Taken by Jawmuncher

xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-5E7BB911B26A3D56 - Taken by illusionary

Lomax

How long were previous winter holiday sales, I wonder? A week? Two?

The upcoming winter sale will be almost a week shorter than the ones in the past.

How will I get the cards when I bought everything I wanted during the Autumn Sale, and besides, all the deals will be crap?

This will be the first steam sale in a long time that I don't have a stockpile of badges waiting to be made for sale cards.

Any rumors on when it will begin?

It's the 22nd.

Steamworld Heist reviews are coming out. Looking good, which is awesome because I really enjoyed my time with Steamworld Dig.

Too bad it's on a delay for PC. I doubt it will come up in time for the winter sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom