• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Why is it that setting up Two Step Authentication for both Steam and Battle.NET, send me confirmations via the same phone number?

Is there a third party that they both use to do all this stuff?

accel

Why is it that setting up Two Step Authentication for both Steam and Battle.NET, send me confirmations via the same phone number?

Is there a third party that they both use to do all this stuff?

They are configured separately (and have nothing to do with each other), perhaps you have just given the same number to both services.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Cool, I was looking forward to Notch either funding Psychonauts 2 or just posting lame snark on twitter.
He actually posted about it the other day:

Some guy said:
Like... back when Notch was flinging around his millions, he offered to straight up fund Psychonauts 2. He changed his mind after one talk with Schafer. Basically Schafer is like Peter Molyneux - an unreliable visionary. Where the latter is famous for over hyping and over promising out of excitement for his games, Schafer under delivers and squanders money. He got 3.3m for Broken Age which was more than he asked for, so he split it into multiple projects which each independently went over budget and past deadline. Their early access space sim was abandoned early.

They say to never meet your heroes. It is clear now that while Schafer created some of the best games of our childhoods, the man is unreliable and either dishonest or deluded. He's burned every single bridge he crossed and no publisher will work for him, no investors will back him. This is why he has turned to preying on his own fan base - knowingly or not. Frankly I'm surprised anyone is backing Psychonauts 2 after the Broken Age debacle, but that shows you the power of nostalgia. A power I think Schafer is exploiting because he has no other avenues left.

Some other guy said:
Holy shit, is this true?

Notch said:
Kind of. Not because it made me trust him less, but because the numbers they needed were many times higher than I initially thought, and when I crunched the numbers it seemed a bit too high risk. Definitely at the investment they needed.

I invested a much smaller amount into Age of Wonders 3 some time ago for similar reasons that I made my Psychonauts comment; I'm a fan of the series and it felt like a fun passion project. The AoW3 deal turned out quite profitable, but the stress of owning shares and having some kind of say led to me eventually giving my ownership back to Triumph.

Business is fun for a while, but as someone who prefers to play around in code and refresh /r/all all day long, it adds unnecessary stress, so now I try to keep telling myself to just chill.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
TP2w1u.gif

Jawmuncher

They need to do a P* and do some licensed stuff with slightly different mechanics every now and then.

A Kill la Kill Souls.
A Berserk Souls.
A Star Wars Souls
A Witcher Souls

I'd be cool for that, would be interesting to get a souls game that isn't all dark and gloomy.

Jawmuncher

i mean, i wouldn't say they need it, more like i would appreciate more devs copying it

but i didn't like dmc so i don't care for this game no sir

now you got my attention

They could do with some spicing up, it's been the same thing with some new ideas here and there. Granted this is coming from a casual souls fan. I'm a bit bummed how easy it has gotten to cheese the games.

zkylon

zkylewd
They could do with some spicing up, it's been the same thing with some new ideas here and there. Granted this is coming from a casual souls fan. I'm a bit bummed how easy it has gotten to cheese the games.
miyazaki already said it, this is the last souls, time to do some new stuff

from owns armored core and tenchu, two series i would like playing more games of, i hope they take some of the lessons learned from the souls series and make something awesome out of those, as well as some new project

Ludens

Banned
miyazaki already said it, this is the last souls, time to do some new stuff

from owns armored core and tenchu, two series i would like playing more games of, i hope they take some of the lessons learned from the souls series and make something awesome out of those, as well as some new project

Well, From even told DS2 had no DLC, and they put out a 30€ season pass one months after the release of the game...

L.O.R.D

less then 21 hours for LR on steam

will they fuck up the final part ?
will they put it on sale soon ?
will my laptop be able to play it without problems ?
will the poly dog survive in the end of the game ?
2877510-2996631697-468px.jpg

HypdGu1.gif

less then 21 hours for LR on steam

will they fuck up the final part ?
will they put it on sale soon ?
will my laptop be able to play it without problems ?
will the poly dog survive in the end of the game ?
2877510-2996631697-468px.jpg

HypdGu1.gif

Polydog is a thing of beauty. Really goes to show that Square-Enix hasn't lost their artistic touch.

And yes, this is a serious post. Low-poly dogs can go wrong in so many ways.

Monooboe

Been playing MGSV and while I really like it, it stresses me out, I'm in the mood for some RPG with a great world to just be in, so don't really know what to play.o_O

Nzyme32

They are configured separately (and have nothing to do with each other), perhaps you have just given the same number to both services.

Yeah, but in the UK they are using the same mobile phone number to send the initial authentication codes, so I'm assuming there must be some kind of third party they are using to do it. It's actually kind of nice to have both Steam and Battle.net go through the same number, but at the same time, if one of them sends me an alert but doesn't tell me if it is Steam or Battle.net, I can see that getting confusing

Ambitious

I've had a few issues with the Xbox One controller, specifically with drivers, but it when it works it's the best. If nothing else, it has a much better d-pad than the 360 controller, so if you play side-scrollers or anything like that it's probably worth it.

I'd go with xboner, I prefer asymmetrical analog sticks .

That's what I thought too. It's strange reading the news section of Steam and actually hearing news about Steam.

Most people (myself included) upgraded from the Xbox 360 controller to the XBO controller. Lots of people use DS4 and the WiiU Pro, but they still require third party drivers.

Lots of people like the Steam Controller.

I have a xbone and wireless adapter never had any problems, plug and play no driver install or anything (Windows 10). The headphone jack on the controller is awesome. As for the controller itself it is very much the same as the 360, I have yet to do too much dpadding though.

Xbone controller is pretty good yeah, just make sure its the one with the headphone jack. The bumpers on the old version are shite.

I enjoyed using the Xbox 360 controller, except the dpad, up till two years ago when it broke. Xbox One is a great improvement but it was my bros so I moved to the DS3 as a temporary solution. However, now I've settled on the Steam Controller. After about 50hrs of use, I'm extremely happy with it for both the normal controller based games and everything else that the Steam Controller can enable thanks to it's features. It's all a matter of taste though, so try what you like and explore options as you go. All of them need drivers but Sony's don't really exist outside of community made ones. Both the Xbox and Steam Controllers are easy to set up

Thanks for the replies!
Sounds like the XBO controller is the way to go. I think I'll buy the wired one, as he plays on his notebook at his desk anyway.

Though I'm not entirely sure whether that's a good present for him. 90% of the time, he plays either Minecraft - which he doesn't need a controller for - or Rocket League. I would have gotten him a Steam Gift Card, but my sister had that idea already. Anyway, I'll figure something out.

zkylon

zkylewd
just got an email from project phoenix

Current estimates place dev at about 2.5 years out from completion. This is 2.5 years from the time we get our full-time programmer on board. That means we are expecting early 2018 for a finalized build and 6 months for testing after that.

so basically late 2018 at the earliest.

that's rough, very rough

i'm very confused how this all works, why they need to hire that one specific programmer and now this one, why can't they just get one out of the millions of programmers in the world and hell, maybe like more than one?

it's pretty ridiculous

Hektor

wait...Polydog is a key item on LR ?

You probablly didn't informed yourself.

Raitoningu Returns is a Story about the bloody war between polygons and voxels and their struggle to display raitoningus beauty the way she deserves it, but after all this time they forgot about the reason their war started in the first place and only goddes Raitoningu and polydog who is actually half polygon half voxel and one eighth chihuahua can end this war by showing her beauty both in polygon and voxelform to the world.

that's rough, very rough

i'm very confused how this all works, why they need to hire that one specific programmer and now this one, why can't they just get one out of the millions of programmers in the world and hell, maybe like more than one?

it's pretty ridiculous

Estimated release: Mid-2015.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent/description

4 year delay? Can happen.

accel

that's rough, very rough

it's pretty ridiculous

I never saw anything that was said to release in 2.5 years release without (big) delay / without cut features.

2.5 years is just too long to be safe - it's more like "you want a date? well, it's not going to be tomorrow, come and ask us in a year. or in two years". At least in my experience.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks for the replies!
Sounds like the XBO controller is the way to go. I think I'll buy the wired one, as he plays on his notebook at his desk anyway.

Though I'm not entirely sure whether that's a good present for him. 90% of the time, he plays either Minecraft - which he doesn't need a controller for - or Rocket League. I would have gotten him a Steam Gift Card, but my sister had that idea already. Anyway, I'll figure something out.

It's worth noting that the Steam Controller I linked is capable of controlling nearly any PC game, even those without traditional controller support. My son uses mine sometimes to play Minecraft and he says it's fine as long as he's not doing super complex stuff or having to manage his server while playing. It basically functions like a keyboard+mouse combo, but can be configured for a lot of different control schemes.

Games like Rocket League are "officially supported" meaning the developers put code in the game to allow users to easily control the game using a Steam controller.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean, i don't mind the delay as much as the reasoning behind it. from what we've been told, they still have most of the money and have been making lots of progress with the content making part of the game, with like 70% of the models completed and lots of character and systems designs in some state of completition as well.

the really baffling part is how they seem to have bottlenecked themselves by tunneling on getting the ori programmer to just, i dunno, code the whole game? as someone that's worked on programming games, that just sounds insane, specially for a game of that big of a scope, to rely on this one dude for EVERYTHING. and now they're chasing after this other programmer who's not gonna be free for two more months, but who knows what will happen

it's just a really confusing decision and it seems like them falling for the same trap all over again.

if the delay was like, "we miscalculated the schedule" or "got behind with finishing some stuff" or something like that i'd be fully on board and just be like take whatever time you need, but this is just ridiculous

I never saw anything that was said to release in 2.5 years release without (big) delay / without cut features.

2.5 years is just too long to be safe - it's more like "you want a date? well, it's not going to be tomorrow, come and ask us in a year. or in two years". At least in my experience.
it's also something that might look and play and feel dated in two and a half years

Star Wars' own Lana Beniko is in Battleborn, eh.
header.jpg

vs
Unmistakeable. (And yes, that is the best Battleborn pic I can find. There's zero information out there.)
You probablly didn't informed yourself.

Raitoningu Returns is a Story about the bloody war between polygons and voxels and their struggle to display raitoningus beauty the way she deserves it, but after all this time they forgot about the reason their war started in the first place and only goddes Raitoningu and polydog who is actually half polygon half voxel and one eighth chihuahua can end this war by showing her beauty both in polygon and voxelform to the world.
You just spoiled the plot of all Blizzard's games. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom