• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purkake4

Banned
Nice, time to install it finally. I should probably take a look at where Grim Dawn is in its development.
It's a good idea to try out some builds in Underrail, there's a lot of options and you don't want to redo the beginning a bunch of times once the whole game is out.

Speaking of Grim Dawn, they actually just released a new build with the last big feature, Devotion. You basically cleanse a bunch of shrines through the game and get points to put into a huge constellation map and get thematic bonuses and extra skills.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Vive delay and the CS patch was the icing on the cake for Valve's year. Surely next year it'll only get better. (I'm sure people said this last year too)

I amazed anyone even still works there. What is it like to be endlessly disappointing and have no hope in sight?

How similar is Grim Dawn to Titan Quest? I couldn't stand the latter; it felt like a worse take on Path of Exile. The whole dual-class stuff does nothing for me.
There's even a big black official website button on the right lol

...Ugh. This just keeps getting worse.

LurkerPrime attempts to use Internet. Roll: 1.

Purkake4

Banned
How similar is Grim Dawn to Titan Quest? I couldn't stand the latter; it felt like a worse take on Path of Exile. The whole dual-class stuff does nothing for me.
Well, it's a spiritual successor. You can go single class with no problems though and the game is a ton of fun.

It'll probably go on sale again for like ~11€ during the christmas sale, if that'll help.

Everyone here should have Underrail already.
Since, you know, it was bundled in one of the legendary Groupees bundles ages ago.
I missed that, but I'm not sad to put 8€ on it, it's easily worth 20.

Zeeman

Since, you know, it was bundled in one of the legendary Groupees bundles ages ago.

Holy crap, I own Underrail. I didn't realize it was part of that original Build a Greenlight bundle from way back. Thanks!

Purkake4

Banned
Holy crap, I own Underrail. I didn't realize it was part of that original Build a Greenlight bundle from way back. Thanks!
Ok, so everyone check your libraries, there might be a hidden gem in there.

Should make sure hemtae mentions it in the OT as well.

I see. I never really enjoyed the slow pace of TQ; always felt too straightforward when compared to Diablo 2, where enemies posed more of a tactical challenge. Path of Exile, while fun, suffered from the same sort of issue as TQ.

Don't remember how far I got in TQ, though, so maybe I just never reached the interesting stages. Didn't have the xpac, either.
I liked Titan Quest, 20 times better than Torchlights and Sacreds.

Can't argue with that. Torchlight existed as a stopgap between Diablo 2 and 3 for me, and nowhere else.

I really wanted to like Sacred 2, but the camera angle destroyed my soul. It had some cool ideas though. Sacred 3 was just sad.

rtcn63

I played some TQ awhile back, and it just felt dated to me. The combat felt closer to that of aturn-based RPG than the nuclear click-fest that makes Torchlight and Diablo fun.

really irritating in Rocket League when you get paired with "teammates" (and I use that term loosely) who do nothing but slam into you, block your shots, never go toward the goal, etc

Monooboe

So trying out Trails in the Sky and I'm suprised that it has native 21:9 support, playing in 3440x1440 with 120 fps haha. Feel really weird playing an anime rpg again.o_O

Chariot

I need some F2P MMORPG to bridge the time where I can't play Blade and Soul. I have Star Wars: The Old Republic in mind. What are other good games? Not DCUO, that one I already played plenty in the past. No need for a lot of endgame content, I don't plan to play it a long time anyway.

Jawmuncher

I need some F2P MMORPG to bridge the time where I can't play Blade and Soul. I have Star Wars: The Old Republic in mind. What are other good games? Not DCUO, that one I already played plenty in the past. No need for a lot of endgame content, I don't plan to play it a long time anyway.

Halo

Nyoro SF

So trying out Trails in the Sky and I'm suprised that it has native 21:9 support, playing in 3440x1440 with 120 fps haha. Feel really weird playing an anime rpg again.o_O

Have fun. I recommend playing with a mouse and keyboard; it was designed for that as the primary input method and it shows. Using the mouse scroll wheel to shift the camera around is nice and speedy. :)

Salsa

man

was playing rocket league

suddenly I hear EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

like straight up electrical noise super loud

freaked out disconnected every single thing from and to my computer

turns out it was the weirdest fucking bug ive ever seen, under it

wtf

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battle vs Chess -- MB-D0306CD886AC2484 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lichdom: Battlemage -- MB-16893964A5DED9C6 - Taken by tuxfool. 7 entrants total.
Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China -- MB-5CB21142D2295C77 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Cast of the Seven Godsends -- MB-660EF5853D0379C9 - Taken by Chreznor. 2 entrants total.
Horizon Shift -- MB-A00FAF6B05BD5F79 - Taken by Belgarion. 4 entrants total.
GemCraft: Chasing Shadows -- MB-B42841702572A528 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.

t1449702266z1.png

tmarg

Guild wars 2?

So I'm searching for dandelion and just hung out with Priscilla in tw3. How far would you say I am as far as the main story line goes?

Trying to avoid guides so as to not get all spoiled and stuff.

man

suddenly I hear EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wtf
That's just the scout.

Chariot

Oh! Thank you! Is that permanent now? That's really something. (will start with SWTOR tho, since I started downloading after watching a Tera video that showed really really generally awful armor for female characters).
Base game went f2p before the expansion launch.
Oh, I see, thanks!

Jawmuncher

Oh! Thank you! Is that permanent now? That's really something. (will start with SWTOR tho, since I started downloading after watching a Tera video that showed really really generally awful armor for female characters).
Oh, I see, thanks!

Bayonetta will be so sad, he needed someone to play with.

I thought the trade hold only affected trades where someone was losing items. I thought if it was an even trade then the hold wouldn't be applied. Now I have a card held up for 3 days.

Edit: Also, I does the part about having the mobile authenticator enabled for 7 days mean 7 days starting today? Because I've had the mobile authenticator enabled for some time now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought the trade hold only affected trades where someone was losing items. I thought if it was an even trade then the hold wouldn't be applied. Now I have a card held up for 3 days.

Yeah, their wording hasn't been exactly great. Even in a one to one trade with someone, you're still "losing" a card (it's being removed from your inventory) so it'll go to trade escrow if you don't have the mobile auth enabled.

Ruruja

man

wtf

Uruguay. Not even once.

Monooboe

You could try out Neverwinter. I tried it two years ago and I liked it. Don't know how it has changed since then.

Yeah, their wording hasn't been exactly great. Even in a one to one trade with someone, you're still "losing" a card (it's being removed from your inventory) so it'll go to trade escrow if you don't have the mobile auth enabled.

It looks like even if both parties have had the mobile authenticator enabled for more than 7 days, it still places the items on hold. This is some bullshit.

Khronico

Yeah I think I got that bundle back in the day, it's been in my library forever. Eagerly awaiting the full release, the positive buzz has got me pretty hyped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom