• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

there is something seriously wrong with valve's style of work, like IDK, it wasn't obvious to them that it is horrible idea, OK let's say it wasn't, also they were unaware that it increases load on community servers, OK they didn't think about it either, 3 days delay kills card trading, they as well can remove "trading" from cards name, also they don't know that idea of secure mobile authentication is ludicrous, there is nothing less safe than a phone.

Ruruja

3 days delay kills card trading, they as well can remove "trading" from cards name, also they don't know that idea of secure mobile authentication is ludicrous, there is nothing less safe than a phone.

Why do you care?

Untitled-2.jpg

it still hurts

Momentary

Banned
Bayonetta, don't worry about having to change your avatar due to me winning our bet. Just enjoy the game.

The Persona series will hit PCs before Fall of 2016. Mark. My. Words. I have a 100% success rate on my predictions.

Arthea

Why do you care?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89833998/Untitled-2.jpg[/img

[spoiler]it still hurts[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

you give me a card I have 10 of and want a card I have only one and I'm to blame here? You do know how trading works, don't you? it has to be beneficial to both sides, if it's not it is robbery not trading.

and muncher is still salty over some trade I don't even remember anymore.

*sigh

Jawmuncher

you give me a card I have 10 of and want a card I have only one and I'm to blame here? You do know how trading works, don't you? it has to be beneficial to both sides, if it's not it is robbery not trading.

*sigh

Especially because it was beneficial to both and you still said no.
I'll always remember the rejection.

Who is that other Chariot you're cheating with? I didn't need you to begin with, BAKA
All will be revealed in due time.

Ruruja

*sigh

I checked, you had duplicates of yours and didn't have mine at the time. You were to blame.

All in jest of course, I don't really hold a grudge.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thought I'd join in the Christmas spirit around here. And yes for some reason I came across a half-naked photo of Jason Momoa that someone had photoshoped a Christmas hat onto. Saved some time.

Haunted

It pains me to say this, since I really liked Stick it to the Man, but Zoink's new game (Zombie Vikings) is... not that good?

It's a really rote, by the numbers 2D brawler. The art is still good, but the drawbacks in their animation style really stick out in an action-heavy brawler game compared to the much slower paced platforming/adventure type game they have done before.

And while this is completely subjective, the characterisation, humour and unique events in Stick it to the Man eventually really grew on me, but here... the characters and writing in this are just painfully unfunny. It's a really bad miss, and that's a shame.

So I tried canceling a trade because apparently you have to have trade confirmations enabled as well as the mobile authenticator and now when I try the trade again I get:

Oh nooooooes!
Sorry, some kind of error has occurred:
You cannot trade with 7 because you recently had all your trade offers canceled.

I'm not even sure why it says 7 in there. Neither of our names have are 7. Trading is dead.

Arthea

So I tried canceling a trade because apparently you have to have trade confirmations enabled as well as the mobile authenticator and now when I try the trade again I get:

Oh nooooooes!
You cannot trade with 7 because you recently had all your trade offers canceled.

I'm not even sure why it says 7 in there. Neither of our names have are 7. Trading is dead.

how can you trade at all? Not only all my trades disappeared, all inventory too, only gifts left.
I'm waiting for valve to fix this shit so I can trade with their freaking delay.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Oh nooooooes!

Not sure why it's worded that way, but cancelling a trade in escrow gets you a 7 day trade ban. Sorry bro.

Not sure why it's worded that way, but cancelling a trade in escrow gets you a 7 day trade ban. Sorry bro.
If I cancel the trade of an item I'm selling, I get a 7 days restriction on the Steam Market?

Does deleting an item on the market to change its price do that too?

Or can the buyer cancel the trade if he sees that there is a 3 days delay?

jshackles

If I cancel the trade of an item I'm selling, I get a 7 days restriction ont the Steam Market?

Does deleting an item on the market to change its price does tat too?

Or can the buyer cancel the trade if he sees that there is a 3 days delay?

You only get a temporary trade ban if you cancel a trade that's "on hold" and awaiting the 1-3 day time limit. Market changes (such as removing/relisting) an item aren't affected. Apparently either party can cancel the trade in escrow which results in both(?) accounts being affected. That last part might be a bug though...?

3b6bbb2c97.png

Eila

O_Oturnaround_zpse1d393fa.gif

Yooo they haven't announced any new games. They did say they were satisfied with Grandia II sales and originally asked fans what Media Arts games they were most interested in.
Hope they do a good job porting the original Grandia. People have constantly told them they want the saturn version so I hope they listen.

Granjinha

Yea, a bit. There was a thread about it. They were asking if we'd be interested in that stuff. Given that they followed through with Grandia 2, it would stand to reason that more would be incoming eventually.

Sure, the thread is one thing. The games being on steamdb basically confirms them. And two that quickly?

Kaleinc

Banned
So trading now basically works like steam support. You wait, wait and wait followed by: fuuuuuuuu I'm outta here.

jshackles

So trading now basically works like steam support. You wait, wait and wait followed by: fuuuuuuuu I'm outta here.

You could also end up like this poor sod on Reddit:

Basically trading for a coupon that expires before the trade hold finishes.

Thankfully it wasn't my account that got the trade bad. It's still dumb as hell though.

---------------

"An item you listed in the Community Market has been sold to **********. Your Steam Wallet has been credited 5.00 USD."

Dat foil thirst. Feels good man.

You only get a temporary trade ban if you cancel a trade that's "on hold" and awaiting the 1-3 day time limit. Market changes (such as removing/relisting) an item aren't affected. Apparently either party can cancel the trade in escrow which results in both(?) accounts being affected. That last part might be a bug though...?

Wait so the person who didn't cancel the trade also takes the 7 day ban? That would be hilarious (in the completely not hilarious way).

On the other hand, 77000 compromised accounts per month. How many man hours does it take just to deal with that fucking problem.

Hopefully I'll get yet again three special sale foils like last winter sale. Was a good time.

Quoting this to make sure Jasec reads it eventually :p

Volimar

O_Oturnaround_zpse1d393fa.gif

Yooo they haven't announced any new games. They did say they were satisfied with Grandia II sales and originally asked fans what Media Arts games they were most interested in.
Hope they do a good job porting the original Grandia. People have constantly told them they want the saturn version so I hope they listen.

b4jV3Px.gif

Salsa

working on unlocking Nuclear Throne's B-skins again

4ECC84C932098ECA8031AF577FC768DD9D5BCB21

UKfKvgc.jpg

Melting gonna be a bitch

managed to get Golden Crossbow (fave) on Crystal pretty fast tho

jshackles

Wait so the person who didn't cancel the trade also takes the 7 day ban? That would be hilarious (in the completely not hilarious way).

That's what's being reported at the moment. Of course who knows if it's true or not, but there are enough people saying it's happening to them and that it's unfair that I imagine that's whats happening. Seems like a massive oversight on Valve's part.

On the other hand, 77000 compromised accounts per month. How many man hours does it take just to deal with that fucking problem.

Big numbers are big, so let's break this down with a little guestimation. 77,000 per month = 2,567 compromised accounts per day in an average month. Let's assume that Steam has around 175 people doing dedicated support. The number may be higher (since admittedly it's been a few years since I've been to Valve and their team might have grown a bit since then). With 175 people, that comes out to about 15 support tickets per day per person.

15 tickets * 175 people * 30 days = 78750 tickets, so we're pretty close.

Let's assume that this issue consumes 60% of all available support time related to Steam. Again, could be higher, could be lower. Let's also assume that these people work 8 hours a day. And work weekends. So the average person spends 4 hours, 44 minutes per day on these issues.

Assuming that all of this is correct (or at least close): each compromised account takes the average Steam support person 19.2 minutes to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom