• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
D8 I've always had an immense interest in the Umihara Kawase series, I somehow found out about them years and years ago, but never have played one. I bought the first two when they hit Steam, and haven't bought UmiharaKawase Shun yet (the one that released last). I hope I can buy it before they go off Steam (if they do), I don't have money this month to buy anything else unfortunately. ;_; BUT I can hold out for next month, and since holiday sale will be going when I get paid, I can try picking it up then.

Nabs

I hope they don't get pulled too soon. I'd still like to pick one up eventually.

I probably won't have time to mess with it next week, so here's my key (not a Steam key):

Enter the code here: www.blackdesertonline.com/events/cbt1/code - Beta is between Dec. 16 - 22

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Black Desert Online Closed Beta -- MB-7886B857C48F8C76 - Taken by Chariot

Sarcasm

Souls series is great for me since I tend to play games like that slow. Other games start whining and push you to go fast. I like to take my time.

Typically with multi mob groups if you position right you can single pull.

Parry and riposte or backstab gives you some invulnerability time too.

155E17E61B26005CC5605E3D6EC5379A83F895EF

What can be better than a young German lady visiting Japan?!

dex3108

That 5$ Amazon promotion is only for items sold by Amazon and that unfortunately excludes anything digital outside Amazon Music and Videos (i tried to get PSN 10$ card, Steam game and BR TVShow and only BR TV Show showed 5$ promo discount).

I played Sayonara for a few hours but I gave up because it got too hard for me. I remember there was actually an achievement for failing a level 25 times and when that popped I realized it was time to give up. Guess I should stick to easy games in my old age. Felt extra bad because I actually won it in a modbot giveaway and I usually don't like to just +1 games I get from here unless they're obviously bundle garbage. Also the port was locked at 800x600 or something like that. Which is understandable given it's age but it's still 800x600 :|

That 5$ Amazon promotion is only for items sold by Amazon and that unfortunately excludes anything digital outside Amazon Music and Videos (i tried to get PSN 10$ card, Steam game and BR TVShow and only BR TV Show showed 5$ promo discount).

Thanks for saving me time and data.

I signed up to the Black Desert Beta thinking it was on steam, can't be bothered, email tags:

Gone, possibly?

Let me know if you take, if not I'll delete it in say 30mins or so.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The World of Tanks Invite Code -- MB-C324028D18FB08DE

Kyougar

Watching a stream (the vod) of Xenoblade X in the last days and it rises the desire to buy a WiiU just for that game.

But I'm not a Nintendo fanboy so all the other thingies Nintendo produces do nothing for me. Bayo does not interest me.
So... watching it is.

Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg

Sarcasm

Just saw this on my feed
[PSA] Humble Bundle Keys now have region locks
DECEMBER 11 - INAMBERCLAD
Hey all, just a heads up, seems that some Humble Bundle Keys are region locked now. Pew pew.

Although there seems to be no official announcement yet, it would appear that certain keys and certaub regions are region locked. Interestingly enough, these locks only pop out when you try to activate the keys.

No, we don't know which keys are region locked and to which region, yet. But from sources, most are coming from the Codemasters Bundle.

THIS AFFECTS KEYS AS WELL AS GIFT LINKS FROM HUMBLE BUNDLE.

More info can be found here:
http://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/6CxmN/now-it-is-official-humble-bundle-is-fully-region-locked

Picture, for those too lazy to read.
http://i.imgur.com/C5ZoVCs.png

TL:DR
Humble Bundle Keys now have locks for certain regions
It is advised to refrain from trading HiB keys for the time being just in case gift links and keys don't work.

Credits to Riptide for source.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
- Amber

L.O.R.D

can i join ?

CV8Vhy-WcAQtxcf.jpg

so hyped
i am playing on laptop , so i don't care about 1080P

also, i heard the button on the screen always keyboard buttons , can i switch them to Xbox 360 button ?

can i join ?

CV8Vhy-WcAQtxcf.jpg

so hyped
i am playing on laptop , so i don't care about 1080P

also, i heard the button on the screen always keyboard buttons , can i switch them to Xbox 360 button ?

Yes, but do it from the ingame menu (not the main menu) because if you do it from the main menu it'll swap back to keyboard prompts.

It was posted before but it is still shitty move from HiB. At least they could warn people/issue official statement before implementing region-lock.

Yup. It's bad enough that we South Americans can't gift stuff to people overseas on Steam itself, and now they add this... Really crappy move, considering that there's no excuse here (with the Steam store they had the excuse of Mexico and Brazil having cheaper prices, but Humble doesn't have that)

Umihara Kawase games might disappear from Steam soon since Agatsuma dissolved today.

Aww man :( I hope the games will still be available in the sale and discounted

This might also mean that "Code of Princess" from the helpdesk leak may never actually appear on Steam. Not a big loss, but still..

ingame menu ?

When you are ingame (like, running around and can fight stuff, etc) press Y on the Xbox pad (or triangle if you are on a DS4)
That'll bring up a menu, look for "settings" and inside that submenu, one of the last items is the keyboard/controller prompts thing.

L.O.R.D

When you are ingame (like, running around and can fight stuff, etc) press Y on the Xbox pad (or triangle if you are on a DS4)
That'll bring up a menu, look for "settings" and inside that submenu, one of the last items is the keyboard/controller prompts thing.

thanks

Rise of the tomb raider didn't even chart on NPDs for November. Square Enix sure suckered Microsoft out of a decent chunk of money knowing that was going to happen.

Expect to hear about the PC version soon then.

dex3108

Rise of the tomb raider didn't even chart on NPDs for November. Square Enix sure suckered Microsoft out of a decent chunk of money knowing that was going to happen.

Expect to hear about the PC version soon then.

Lashman and i heard that MS didn't gave that much money at all. And if that info is true Square f-ed up hard.

Umihara Kawase games might disappear from Steam soon since Agatsuma dissolved today.
Oof, that's not good news :( I planned on grabbing the trilogy at good discounts. Hope they get transitioned to some other company and don't disappear.
I might be a little late to the party, but Rainbow Six: Siege sounds kind of awesome.
Coincidentally just yesterday I watched reviews for the original Rainbow Six. The demo back in the day was so tense. Siege is fun I believe that but it's very different from it's source game. Wonder if that kind of gameplay will ever make a return.
many gifs
Does that mean even more gifs now??

Congrats on your stable web. Not having one can be really bad.
lmao dark souls isn't stressful
it's memorization and parrying
Yep. It can be frustrating when you're impatient and try to play it like a brawler. In the end it is a very slow and deliberate combat system. Not automatically suited best for all action games just because it works in Souls games.
Humble Total War Encore bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Medieval 2
  • Viking Battle for Asgard
  • Shogun
  • Arena 30 days premium
TIER 2: BTA
  • Arena Spartan Hoplite Unit
  • Medieval
  • Empire
  • Shogun 2
  • Napoleon
  • 66% off Attila coupon
TIER 3: 15$
  • Rome II + Wrath of Sparta, Caesar in Gaul, Nomadic Tribes, Pirates and Raiders
oooohhh So many Complete Editions :eek:

Shogun, Empire, Napoleon, both Medieval and Shogun 2 ?! Man, BTA is at 9 bucks though. Hm, gonna keep the tab open, it's still rising. Hm, hm.
It's great value for the complete editions but so soon before winter sale I gotta be careful where to distribute funds. Gonna have to think this through. Can't see any "to be revealed" BTA games, so make decision easier.
Well a quick hours search for the right hex values and upon changing all that matched nothing updated in game. I guess this will have to do for now.

23363675330_8a80f1feb5_o.png

Not ideal but a bit (well 8x) of SGSSAA always brings life to the party. And seriously it's better than what Squeinx offered at the highest possible the game will allow.

Enough aliasing to have somebody's eye out. It's like they don't care about showing off their products in the best possible light.
Oh this looks nice.

Ludens

Banned
Man, LR NEEDS a guide to be completed on 100%.
Side-quests require item which appear only in a specific time window. Good luck on:
-finding them (I'm looking at you, Carbundle doll) and
-find them in that specific time window.

I hate this stuff, I find the game very funny but this time thing totally ruins the experience, I wasted all my DP points on order to find the 4 chocobo girls in the second city.

Also dunno why, but at first I was able to insta-kill enemies using Cloud Buster's Sword, now random enemies take like 5 or 6 hits to be killed.
Why, if there's no level?

L.O.R.D

Man, LR NEEDS a guide to be completed on 100%.
Side-quests require item which appear only in a specific time window. Good luck on:
-finding them (I'm looking at you, Carbundle doll) and
-find them in that specific time window.

I hate this stuff, I find the game very funny but this time thing totally ruins the experience, I wasted all my DP points on order to find the 4 chocobo girls in the second city.

Also dunno why, but at first I was able to insta-kill enemies using Cloud Buster's Sword, now random enemies take like 5 or 6 hits to be killed.
Why, if there's no level?

how to enable DLC in the game?

Parsnip

Lightning Returns has the jankiest, uh, 'graphics menu' I have ever seen.

And...a menu bar?

Could they given less fucks?

I've been told that having all settings in a menu bar like this is pretty common in other Japanese PC games. Specifically visual novels and other... things. I'm sure there are some steamgaffers who know exactly what I'm talking about.

how to enable DLC in the game?

You do it from the settings menu I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom