• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
Looks like Kojima's games will still be coming to PC, Sony seems to be fine with it as long as they have console exclusivity. I'll double dip anyways if there is a long wait.

I hope Hideo has already called up Del Toro. If he really does Silent Hills with a new name I'd like to see an adventure game like Snatcher after that.

Tizoc

While I'm glad that Sonty aren't worried about PC gaming/Steam, I'm curious as to the amount of salt generated by the Sony Shills about their PS4 games coming also to Steam :V

I love both series but bloodborne better wi-----
wait
undertale

kek

That would be interesting to watch. Gaf will go in meltdown.
But that's simply impossible.

While I'm glad that Sonty aren't worried about PC gaming/Steam, I'm curious as to the amount of salt generated by the Sony Shills about their PS4 games coming also to Steam :V

It's actually happening right now.
People throw salt posts here and there, while the truth is they're the ones who are actually salty the game will be coming to PC as well.

Adnor

Banned
It's not really confirmed that it will come to PC. Yeah, it says "console exclusive" now but that would easily change to full exclusivity later on depending of Sony's involvement in the development of the game so I personally will not let my hopes go up.

Vibranium

Banned
It's not really confirmed that it will come to PC. Yeah, it says "console exclusive" now but that would easily change to full exclusivity later on depending of Sony's involvement in the development of the game so I personally will not let my hopes go up.

I'm pretty sure it will come to PC, almost like Shenmue 3. I'm inclined to believe the article.

No need to worry.

dex3108

If Kojima wants to build multiplatform independent studio it would be stupid to start with full exclusive. I think Sony will help him same way they helped Ono with SF5. They get points for PS4 owners and Kojima gets good user base on PS4 and PC for future games. And if Kojima wanted to work exclusively for Sony he would just join them.

Deques

Underrail is going to have its price raised some time before release on the 18th so get it now if you're interested.

Looks like it was in the very first Groupees Build a Greenlight bundle, an actually good GL bundle. Just checked my profile to get the Steam key, for some reason it was checked as used key, but I don't have it in my library. So I unchecked it and redeemed the key and it got activated :D

I wonder why it was checked as used when it wasn't

MUnited83

For you.
Holy shit, remember Facerig? They just released a 2D Waifu addon.

GKzinBt.gif

hqdefault.jpg

I always hate these new terms, 'console exclusive' and 'first on console A' etc.
Why can't they be bold and announce them like usual? May or may not is such a ridiculous thing to announce. It only makes things worse for gamers.

Dr Dogg

If his next project turns out to be Mineral Cog staring Gaseous Eel I'm not going to be happy. You're free now, go make a Snatcher, Policenauts spiritual successor. Seeing as they're part point and click and part visual novel it would sell like gangbusters on Steam .

tmarg

Looks like it was in the very first Groupees Build a Greenlight bundle, an actually good GL bundle. Just checked my profile to get the Steam key, for some reason it was checked as used key, but I don't have it in my library. So I unchecked it and redeemed the key and it got activated :D

I wonder why it was checked as used when it wasn't

I believe it was just on desura when the bundle was launched, so you may have used that key?

That Sony thread has a lot of dick stroking going on but if the tables were turned everybody would be outraged. Well, in any case, I'm just happy to see Kojima making a new game at his own studio.

Will buy on PC, hope that interview tomorrow reveals more info.

Teeth

If his next project turns out to be Mineral Cog staring Gaseous Eel I'm not going to be happy. You're free now, go make a Snatcher, Policenauts spiritual successor. Seeing as they're part point and click and part visual novel it would sell like gangbusters on Steam .

Please no.

Kojima is actually good at taking a good game with interesting mechanics and then packing it full of little bits around the edges to give it tons of character. PnC/VN games are just stories and gating. I want an actual game to play with space and interaction and weird systems.

dex3108

That Sony thread has a lot of dick stroking going on but if the tables were turned everybody would be outraged. Well, in any case, I'm just happy to see Kojima making a new game at his own studio.

Will buy on PC, hope that interview tomorrow reveals more info.

Yeap. If game is Sony exclusive = Deal with it!, If it is MS exclusive = Those MS jerks f them!

Console exclusives are there to sell consoles and only console manufacturers are benefit from them. I don't have issue with that as long as they are made by 1st party studios. i am not that big fan of 3rd party exclusives and i own PS4 and PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish Groupees had a system in place to prevent the purchase of a bundle if you'd earlier pre-ordered it (gift purchases aside, of course).

Anyone here played the Freespace games and had luck getting a joystick with separate inputs for the throttle and stick itself to work?

Or just thoughts on 1 and 2 in general?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Manyland -- MB-7B752DC816829874 - Taken by Anteater
Spirits of Xanadu -- MB-C42FC12F7B727D44 - Taken by Vuze
Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of The Poultroid -- MB-6A233C2C60649278 - Taken by Mikurden
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage #2 -- MB-D8EEF77BAF6C6FFE - Taken by The_Monk
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-1D93A8FD172D5152 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Gunnheim -- MB-AFC746EC1B86F605 - Taken by Catshade
Steel Rain -- MB-4DC2A77BBD25EFF3 - Taken by PunishedSnake

Vuze

How many people snagging DD?
Day One, I even considered getting it retail because I'm so legit looking forward to it, but yeah, I'll probably stick to digital due to shipping times n stuff.
Also I hope there will be an ENB or something to give the game some graphics polishing. Considering it runs on MT Framework, there should be more than enough headroom for this even on mid-range systems.

E: Thanks Jase.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-9D1295E18C5A9E72 - Taken by Capt.Haddock

fantomena

A bit suprised the Konami news were officially announced that fast.

PC version is not confirmed yet.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
To be fair, the phrasing of console-exclusive and the released details of the agreement does imply at the very least a PC version has been considered. Doesn't mean it will happen, but there's a larger possibility.

And a possibility that's a bit more than:

tumblr_n9d0zeqbAk1ti6bhpo1_r3_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom