• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

damn_zpstrue443c.png

Savage.

Messiah

That was decent enough. Jade Raymond was high as a kite though.

Good news at new Iffy games. That Noire game looked whack from what I saw. The other one's I will play probably.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for PunishedSnake:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PunishedSnake, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Doom Closed Alpha PS4 EU -- MB-424F3363AF10BCF4 - Taken by BernardoOne

Tizoc

I blame GAF for making me think Kojima made up the reason and excuse for not being at the Game Awards :V

Pachimari

Okay, The Evil Within is playing tricks on me. Is there any way I can configure the game before starting it up? I can't see the game at all when it have loaded up, as it just shows my desktop but I can hear the sounds from the main menu...

Monooboe

Witcher 3 GOTY, Psychonauts 2 announcement, some honest moments, overall I really liked the show. Step up from last year and seeing as it's only the second one Geoff does solo it should get better.

zkylon

zkylewd
Witcher 3 GOTY, Psychonauts 2 announcement, some honest moments, overall I really liked the show. Step up from last year and seeing as it's only the second one Geoff does solo it should get better.
yeah, far from perfect, but like last year, a huge step up from the old vgas

+ psychonauts 2
+ witcha 3 winning goty
+ awkward konami hate by geoff was awesome
+ westwood thing
+ iwata song was cool, i thought reggie speech was lame but he's lame so w/e
+ dyslexic jade raymond

- the ads are still annoying af
- the throwaway awards feel like maybe they should maybe just do less awards
- league got robbed like usually
- that dj mouse person was terrible and only interesting because for a moment we all thought it could've been kojima
- witcha 3 should've won best story and fallout 4 should've won best ost imo

Adnor

Banned
Ugggggh Shadow Complex automatically uses the spanish voices and I can't change them in the menu. I'll have to search if I can change them in the configuration files :/

MUnited83

For you.
yeah, far from perfect, but like last year, a huge step up from the old vgas

+ psychonauts 2
+ witcha 3 winning goty
+ awkward konami hate by geoff was awesome
+ westwood thing
+ iwata song was cool, i thought reggie speech was lame but he's lame so w/e

- the ads are still annoying af
- the throwaway awards feel like maybe they should maybe just do less awards
- league got robbed like usually
- that dj mouse person was terrible and only interesting because for a moment we all thought it could've been kojima
- witcha 3 should've won best story and fallout 4 should've won best ost imo

Deadmau5 is great.

About the ads... the show is paid out of Geoff's pocket. Kinda understandable that he tries to get as many sponsors as he can, no?

tmarg

Psychonauts 2 sounds great, but $3.3M sounds like too much to ask for from crowdfunding, and nowhere near enough to actually make the game.

I didn't actually get to watch though, so that's just my initial reaction.

Tizoc

Psychonauts 2 sounds great, but $3.3M sounds like too much to ask for from crowdfunding, and nowhere near enough to actually make the game.

The crowdfunding is currently at 10% in less than 24 hours.
If it gets 10% funding per day, I mean we could see this reaching its goal by the 10th day at the earliest :p

MUnited83

For you.

Game is obviously getting more funding besides crowdfunding, and 3.3$M from crowdfunding seems perfectly fine. The damn thing is already at 10% lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Deadmau5 is great.
i bet he is

the thing he did to mario music tho, absolutely horrible

About the ads... the show is paid out of Geoff's pocket. Kinda understandable that he tries to get as many sponsors as he can, no?
understandable yeah, still annoying as fuck, specially when it's the trashiest advertising ever

i notice it every time i watch the vgas, but american ads are crazy different from the ones we get here and they just give me a headache. so many flashing lights and people yelling at you and giant words and super fast cuts, it makes me sick to watch, it's an awful experience, i dunno how anyone takes it

can't speak much about iwata cos i haven't followed nintendo since the n64 days, but i'm not a fan of corporate ppl, they feel soulless fake personalities to me

and i thought his speech was bad

actual cost for the game is 9m~, they're putthing the rest themselves and from other investors

Vibranium

Banned

DF mentioned they have a third partner kicking in money besides themselves, also Psychonauts is going to be worth much more than Broken Age because of 3D platforming. I'm not defending them after the BA stuff though, they have a lot to prove after this one and I don't blame people for waiting to see a product at launch.

Sober

Whatever, The Game Awards are completely full of shit and dumb world premieres but I do love it when Geoff gets real with some of their other pieces that aren't fueled by marketing hype - and that's why I enjoyed last year's and why I'll still watch next year.

The Iwata tribute where even Geoff has the tact to cancel all goddamn advertising surrounding it is absolutely something that was needed and regardless of your opinion of Geoff, that was the most respectful part of the whole show.

And also that Westwood Studios retrospective, man, knocked it out of the park, just like the one they did with Roberta Williams and Sierra last year. If that means having to watch a bunch of ads and a silly award show then so be it, honestly. We don't get enough of those in this industry so I'll take what I can get.

I'm really glad that this is Geoff's baby.

zkylon

zkylewd
what do they have to prove after broken age again?

they made their game, it's a charming and sweet game with easily the best game development documentary ever made.

from the get go they said this was an experiment for them and that it was, had its up and downs, and the game wasn't all we hoped it would be, but they delivered what they were tasked with

Tizoc

Go die in a fire, Konami. :p

And be reborn like a Phoenix as Konami Games using the true logo

Whatever, The Game Awards are completely full of shit and dumb world premieres but I do love it when Geoff gets real with some of their other pieces that aren't fueled by marketing hype - and that's why I enjoyed last year's and why I'll still watch next year.

The Iwata tribute where even Geoff has the tact to cancel all goddamn advertising surrounding it is absolutely something that was needed and regardless of your opinion of Geoff, that was the most respectful part of the whole show.

And also that Westwood Studios retrospective, man, knocked it out of the park, just like the one they did with Roberta Williams and Sierra last year. If that means having to watch a bunch of ads and a silly award show then so be it, honestly. We don't get enough of those in this industry so I'll take what I can get.

I'm really glad that this is Geoff's baby.
Wait is the Westwood Retrospective archived somewhere? i wanna watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom