• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prowling Magus and Congregation would like a word. So weak they don't even get a proper boss soul.
I used to think that as well... until I played Dark Souls 2

DmfrP2M.png
Ashamed to admit they beat my ass a lot ( ._.)
whats ur favorite dks1 weapon?

mine's the lifehunt scythe
I went from Astora's Sword to a maxed Lightning Iaito and a bit of a maxed Divine Claymore at the end of NG. Now in NG+ I wanted to spice things up and went with a maxed Gold Tracer but just recently I decided to go with maxed Halberds. On that, maxed Titanite Catchpole has some wicked damage to weight ratio. Wicked I say!
"Hey Frost, where ya been, what's happening?"
Congrats! It looks like a real struggle to do Akumu.

Kifimbo

Should work:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BANZAI PECAN Last Hope for the Young Century -- MB-8149A1907AF94483 - Taken by lindarasta
Yelaxot -- MB-C2BCCF448EBD1723 - Taken by Purkake4

Sch1sm

The Ritual on Weylyn Island

Chiming in to say this is actually a pretty good indie horror game. It's not entirely too long (about 2 hours), story is a bit predictable, the finale isn't bad but feels it could be a bit more, and is a bit low-budget. But it succeeds in making an interesting and engaging experience with some good atmosphere, good diversity, and mostly does a good job at realizing a sort of playable cinematic horror experience from beginning to end, and actually is one of the more ambitious and well-executed low-budgeted indie horror games I have played recently. It's a bit hard to articulate, but it's a good game I think some here might like quite a bit.

No weapons survival horror, story driven? Wishlisted. Atmosphere alone could win me, probably why Alien: Isolation was so high on my list last year. I'd buy now, but considering the length, I'd rather put $8 to a better dollar:time. Maybe winter sale.

---

Last game I finished was A Bird Story. 70~ minutes? A lot of that game just played itself, not sure why I'm shocked considering it's by the same creators of To The Moon and within the same world. I mean, it had its cute moments, but... Wasn't much of a fan. I kept wishing I could save and quit, but I couldn't, so I struggled right through that hour.

Call me heartless, idec. ;-;

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That furry VN in Steam is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.

Why are shit like that get finished but not Morenatsu? Why is life so unfair? ;_;

Ruruja

December 31st - Kojima's contract expires with Konami at midnight.

January 1st - Japan closed due to shrine visits just like in my Japanese animes.

January 2nd - "Konami regrets to inform MGSV:TPP customers that they have decided not to go ahead with the launch of Metal Gear Online for PC."

Day 1 of Man Puncher with internet.

BXGWRyH.gif

dex3108

Damn SteamGAF you are barely active on Twitter XD I guess that is better than blabbing nonsense like me XD

Mane there are people in line for PSX 3 hours before event. I am really glad to be home :D

Game is awesome man, it's unlike anything out there.

http://i.imgur.com/t7wrH8r.gif[/][/QUOTE]
Hardcore simulation XD
[quote="The Dear Leader, post: 188010766"]
EDIT: Did you drop the $75 on the EE or did you get a deal somewhere?[/QUOTE]
I won it

\o\
\o/
/o/
[quote="WinterDemons, post: 187994763"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wPBtYWq.png
That's cute!

Turfster

So I now own AsSyndicate.
Only 8 hours to download it...

Never go onto storefronts when angry and frustrated by code, is the message here.

Ludens

Banned
Honestly, it really depends on HOW CDPR will do a sequel.
If they'll take their time to mantein the usual standards, that's ok.
If they rush a project just to praise "fans" and mostly do easy money out of it, I prefer having no new Witcher game at all.
Also I hope a spin-off based on Ciri, there's simply too much potential they can use, like
travelling between space and time, they can bring Ciri to modern days, to Camelot like it happens on last Witcher book and so on

But I'm ok on them quitting The Witcher and create new brands.

Parsnip

Two things about these bosses:

1) Pinwheel was specifically made to be easy; well, not really "easy" so much as low health. He is there as a reward for bold players that go into the Catacombs as soon as the game starts, rewarding them with the ability to boost bonfires to 20 Estus. His health is low so that he can be beaten with starting weapons and not have it take an hour of wailing on him before he goes down. He seems like a piece of cake because everyone always goes there late game once they are all boosted up.

I was always of the opinion that the original structure to the game was different and that Pinwheel was originally meant to be an earlier boss, after gargoyles but before gaping dragon. Coincidentally that's where his theme is placed on the soundtrack as well. The big rat arena is similar to Pinwheels boss room, maybe it was there.

It also fits in with the way other early bosses are made regular enemies for some areas. It always felt weird how Pinwheel was a boss and then pretty soon you see ton of them outside of Nito's hidey hole. If Pinwheel was an earlier boss, having them there makes more sense I think.

L.O.R.D

why even remove games from your "Digital" library ?
is it shame ? you can hide it
you don't have place for it ? it's digital , it doesn't take any place

it's like burning your own money , or free gifts/prizes

Finished Her Story (as in 100%). Great experience and a great story. Totally recommended for everyone who like a sense of mystery and figuring out stuff.

Here's the final version of my notes:

ve3qTKa.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Anyone else still getting a maintenance error while trying to download Shadow Complex? >_<

I don't seem to be having any trouble with the launcher at the moment. You might double check that it's whitelisted for your firewall? I recall it throwing up a few Allow Access prompts when I was installing the launcher and then launching the game.

Sch1sm

Finished Her Story (as in 100%). Great experience and a great story. Totally recommended for everyone who like a sense of mystery and figuring out stuff.

Here's the final version of my notes:

I played it twice, just so I had the interviews in order the second time around, pick up on what I missed.

So, which theory do you endorse?
Twins or Multiple Personality Disorder?

Mivey

Maybe any here who also uses the Steam Mobile Authenticator can help me: Just suddenly it stopped working: The codes displayed on the app are not accepted by Steam. I thought deactivating and reactivating it could maybe fix it, but now I can't get it to activate any more: It simply refuses to accept the SMS codes that it sends me. Is this a known bug?

dex3108

Maybe any here who also uses the Steam Mobile Authenticator can help me: Just suddenly it stopped working: The codes displayed on the app are not accepted by Steam. I thought deactivating and reactivating it could maybe fix it, but now I can't get it to activate any more: It simply refuses to accept the SMS codes that it sends me. Is this a known bug?

Yeap who would thought that there could be issues with that app.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I think I'm going to try using twitter more.

Like seriously you get news within seconds and it's much easier to shitpost there than on neogaf, the bad part is that no one will see me shitpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom