• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

wPBtYWq.png

This is amazing. And yeah, that pretty much sums up the Pinwheel fight.

Just Cause 3 starting with a super low res pre-rendered cutscene. Tsk tsk tsk

If you're going to do a pre-rendered video at least turn on fucking anti-aliasing.

I may be a little drunk but the Just Cause 3 intro is super weird with no context given to anything that is happening.

Walking on a plane tho

Tizoc

You know I'm looking forward to seeing people pull a 180 after te PSX event in 12 hours' time.
The stress is getting to them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should probably remove the Talos Principle Public Test from my account. Croteam changed it from a game to a demo, so it's no longer a +1.

Edit: And done.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished Her Story (100%, actually) and I must say the game is pretty great, especially given it's low price. The awards it has received so far have been well earned. I thought the story was really good. I liked the idea of you "looking in" on these interviews.

I thought their search system was
pretty easy to exploit, but I guess that just comes from my background in working with ancient systems very similar to this.

This year's GotY voting is going to be a tough call for me!

The IQ seems really bad, what AA solution should I use? Playing at 1440P max settings and SMAA2x and it seems real aliased everywhere still.

Edit: Everything has ghosting ;-;

tuxfool

Banned
The IQ seems really bad, what AA solution should I use? Playing at 1440P max settings and SMAA2x and it seems real aliased everywhere still.

Edit: Everything has ghosting ;-;

That is because it is SMAA T2X and it is having frame rate fluctuations preventing good reprojection (or it is bad in the first place).

Haroon

Anyone playing Grim Dawn? It's pretty amazing from what I have played so far. Once you get to level ten. You could choose another class to mix in with your chosen class. It's pretty awesome. You could be a dual wielding melee guy that is a summoner. Everything about it so far is pretty fun except the fact that it does not have multiplayer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone playing Grim Dawn? It's pretty amazing from what I have played so far. Once you get to level ten. You could choose another class to mix in with your chosen class. It's pretty awesome. You could be a dual wielding melee guy that is a summoner. Everything about it so far is pretty fun except the fact that it does not have multiplayer.

It supports both online and LAN co-op.

Sarcasm

What it has MP!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The enviroments look amazing but I just find the faces awful :/

The character models in X all look like anus honestly, but I knew that was part of the deal since the first time they showed it

Some games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ctyo -- MB-DE90721C5A0038F3 - Taken by Mikurden
Three Dead Zed -- MB-E48A7A0B6FDD9DC5 - Taken by WinterDemons

dex3108

So current value of Batman TF2 items is around 23 euros combined. Not bad.

And why the hell Steam can;t update itself (or maybe it can but i don't know the way) when i start it? I need to start client, few minutes later update message pops up, click restart. Even UPlay updates itself when i start it.

Ludens

Banned
So current value of Batman TF2 items is around 23 euros combined. Not bad.

And why the hell Steam can;t update itself (or maybe it can but i don't know the way) when i start it? I need to start client, few minutes later update message pops up, click restart. Even UPlay updates itself when i start it.

? Can you sell them? How can you know the value if you can't yet?

dex3108

? Can you sell them? How can you know the value if you can't yet?

When you start TF2 there is small window in down right corner that you can scroll and see items value. Batman Cowl is a bit more then 9 euros and other two items are 6.99 i think. Or you can check TF2 item wiki.

When you start TF2 there is small window in down right corner that you can scroll and see items value. Batman Cowl is a bit more then 9 euros and other two items are 6.99 i think. Or you can check TF2 item wiki.

That's not their real value though. It's their price on TF2's own store (not what you'll get when the items can be sold)

dex3108

It's not, sadly. When items have a price already (and can be crafted) their value tends to be significantly lower.

Well they can't be crafted for now. Not that i care personally because i keep my TF2 items for some stupid reason even though i play TF2 every few months XD

Dr Dogg

I don't know if I'm just woefully out of touch but are peeps on gaming side generally excited about PS2 games on PS4? I mean I get that Sony and the IP holders need to get paid and especially since they command a pretty big market share they don't need to being doing this out of the 'kindness of their hearts' to win folks back but the enthusiasm and then defensiveness of some folks I feel is possibly setting a dangerous precedent. Of course I see some of the usual 'remaster everything' tubthumpers have a bit of crossover so I'm not surprised. Just imagine is Valve released Steam 2.0 and said 'right none of your past purchases will work but don't worry you can buy them all again and we'll throw in some features like mandatory trading cards for every release'. Not exactly comparable but there would be fucking pandemonium, well at least I hope so.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crow -- MB-D8D357328817271B - Taken by septicore
Ghost Encounters: Deadwood - Collector's Edition -- MB-1D807405F08D9F75 - Taken by Diedac
Tiki Man -- MB-85B5AC73ED2B437B - Taken by Kifimbo
Grey Cubes -- MB-48BB966C880B21D9 - Taken by Madn
Abducted -- MB-C99EC5B9463CA321 - Taken by texhnolyze
Trap Them - Sniper Edition -- MB-FA48C8753127D3F2 - Taken by Kurt Russell

fertygo

I don't know if I'm just woefully out of touch but are peeps on gaming side generally excited about PS2 games on PS4? I mean I get that Sony and the IP holders need to get paid and especially since they command a pretty big market share they don't need to being doing this out of the 'kindness of their hearts' to win folks back but the enthusiasm and then defensiveness of some folks I feel is possibly setting a dangerous precedent. Of course I see some of the usual 'remaster everything' tubthumpers have a bit of crossover so I'm not surprised. Just imagine is Valve released Steam 2.0 and said 'right none of your past purchases will work but don't worry you can buy them all again and we'll throw in some features like mandatory trading cards for every release'. Not exactly comparable but there would be fucking pandemonium, well at least I hope so.

Not exactly the same
EDIT ah forget it I misunderstand the context

Dr Dogg

Not exactly the same

you shouldn't expect you can demand VALVE give you free gift just because you buy Half-Life on DVD an decade ago either, I know we like to laugh at console player in here but my comparison is accurate I think.

Well I bough Half Life in 98 and popped my CD key into my now lost to the winds inital Steam account from 2004 and hey presto digital copy of Half Life and CD copy still works too!

Not exactly the same

you shouldn't expect you can demand VALVE give you free gift just because you buy Half-Life on DVD an decade ago either, I know we like to laugh at console player in here but my comparison is accurate I think.

Yeah, well, the only problem is that Valve does give you Half Life on Steam if you bought it on DVD a decade ago...

Hektor

Gaping Dragon is the easiest actual boss in the soul series if you don't count that useless boss from demon's souls. its one of the few bosses that not only that i beat on my first try, on my very first attempt the boss never touched me once, neither did it hit me during NG+ or NG++

If one boss is deserving of the title than it is him:

Monooboe

Hmh maybe finally I can remove, add and remove all my copies of Dead Island Epidemic sitting in my inventory.

Edit, oh wait, there's finally a "permanently delete gift..." oh sweet!

dex3108

Well we are talking about Sony who can't implement User Name change after years of asking (even Ubisoft managed to find way to do it on UPlay). So it is not surprise that they can't transfer purchases (or whatever is called). As far as i know from reading interviews and generally news PSN is simply mess and every time they do something they are risking to break it. PS Store is place where wishlist is implemented last month. And it is pointless because there is no gifting option so it is partially useful (you can keep track of games you want). PS Store and PSN in general is still different for every region and you need to have account for different regions and in my opinion that is stupid in this day and age.

So this way they can earn money and skip all hassle about implementing system on PSN. And they simply can do it because there is no real competition. When software and network is in question in my opinion MS has way better people and system but Steam is still best Digital Store and Network out there.

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

HIDDEN MYSTERIES: CIVIL WAR -- MB-3BD7C9D82DEA140D - Taken by rainking187
LOVE -- MB-E42FAB16547754E1 - Taken by xGreg
Stranded In Time -- MB-F1E22EFD1A972EB3 - Taken by Abomination
ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER -- MB-F1124AF63231DD68 - Taken by Hektor
Collisions -- MB-471A21CC376ED914 - Taken by gurm3n
TURBO PUG -- MB-E803CB8E3F05585D - Taken by Knurek
TCHECO IN THE CASTLE OF LUCIO -- MB-B19B1BC9359A24D0 - Taken by Mikurden

Sarcasm

I did not see any option at the main menu for multiplayer. Is it tied to the story? o_O

Edit: I looked at the official website. And it has multiplayer. How does one access it...?

Edit 2: I figured it out. The option is available when you click the Single Player button. Weird...

Yeah..sadly don't own the game nor have the money I would play with yea =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom