• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Is Monday Night Combat worth it for the single player? Is it a good tower defense game?

I'm looking forward to Super MNC for its lean toward DOTA style, but if normal MNC is a good single player tower defense game I wanna pick it up.

It's not. The Blitz mode which can be played alone (or in co-op) isn't that good of a TD game.

McNum

I had a feeling this would happen. Batman DID get a daily deal. Time to join the damage! The usual €50 Steam Sale Wallet is go. €25 left.

Petrie

Banned
Is Monday Night Combat worth it for the single player? Is it a good tower defense game?

I'm looking forward to Super MNC for its lean toward DOTA style, but if normal MNC is a good single player tower defense game I wanna pick it up.

MNC is not single player, it is the same DOTA influenced game Super is.

Oreoleo

Are all the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games, not expansions, right?

If they are, then which is the most enjoyable? If I get, it can only be one and one only.

Thanks GAF!

They are all standalone if that's what you mean.

It's hard to say which one to get if you ONLY get one, between Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat. I guess I'd say Chernobyl, might as well start with the first one. And it's got a ton of mods if end up liking it and want more content for free.

First time through though, play with the Complete mod

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm not liking the layout where the prices for the deals aren't displayed on the front page.

Anyone have an opinion on that DLC glitch I ran into?

The_Monk

They are all standalone if that's what you mean.

It's hard to say which one to get if you ONLY get one, between Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat. I guess I'd say Chernobyl, might as well start with the first one. And it's got a ton of mods if end up liking it and want more content for free.

First time through though, play with the Complete mod

Amazing, thanks for that and for answering!

coopolon

Beaten.

Guess I'm getting the You Monster DLC for Defense Grid. And I'm going to try to get the achievement, I really suck at TD though.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone remember if the Hitman series, the Still life series or the Syberia games have ever been daily deals? I've only been with Steam since the summer sale and none of those games were daily deals.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yay, another piece of coal. I've gotten absolutely nothing of value at all so far (ok, one 25% Valve coupon, lol).

So... Defense Grid? What, if anything, makes it worth paying for over the millions of other tower defense games (many of which are free to play) out there?

woober

Is the Arkham City DLCs worth purchasing? How is there $10 worth of DLCs for the game already? It's even more scary considering that's the discounted price ($22 regular price).

wtf is wrong with the gaming industry... : (

Red

Anyone remember if the Hitman series, the Still life series or the Syberia games have ever been daily deals? I've only been with Steam since the summer sale and none of those games were daily deals.

Pretty sure Hitman and Syberia have both been on sale.

How is Guardians of Graxia? Worth 2.50? Also is anyone doing a payday 4 pack? I think we can save 2.50 each
It's a card game disguised as a tile based strategy game. I would say $2.50 is a good price.

Volcynika

So what's up with Rage? Is it a mistake? Should we believe that it will be part of a future daily deal?

If you look at the official group, they list it as a daily.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/holidaysalecommunitygroup

Today's deals are:

Rage
F1 2011
Stalker Games
PAYDAY The Heist
Mount & Blade Franchise
Virtua Tennis 4
Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum
Jurassic Park
Sherlock Holmes Collection
Defense Grid + DLC + Bundle
Swords & Soldiers
Monday Night Combat

Ifrit

I played it in SP during the free weekend, but unfortunately didn't like it that much, was kinda boring after a few minutes

LegoArmo

I just did some adding up, and since getting Steam, 1 month, 12 days ago, I've spent around £195, on 67 games.

That sounds bad, but take away Skyrim and Football Manager and it's an average of £2.24 per game.

I hate you Steam and your incredible deals!

woober

Is the Arkham City DLCs worth purchasing? How is there $10 worth of DLCs for the game already? It's even more scary considering that's the discounted price ($22 regular price).

wtf is wrong with the gaming industry... : (

Quoting for the new page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom