• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Damn, Batman. Still unclear if I should buy it.

Unlocked so far:
50% off Valve
33% off Space Marine
2x Coal
1x Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee

Deadstar

Still thinking about getting the Witcher 2, and maybe batman but I wasn't the biggest fan of the first.

Witcher 2 is much more accessible than the first. It is absolutely incredible! The visuals are the best out there right now maybe other than Crysis 2 on pc. The combat in my opinion is more fun than the first game and it's just overall a MUST BUY for anyone who LIKES VIDEO GAMES. Simple as that. You do NOT want to miss this!

The_Monk

Holy freaking crap! I didn't knew you could win games. I thought it was just coupons and coal but I just won this:

zsnvW.png

WOHOO!

Sortudo!

Petrie

Banned
Asked a few pages back but got lost in the madness. I won a copy of Shadow Ops: Phantom Harvest. Reviews seem bad, but is this worth owning or should I go try and trade it off for something?

*edit*

Wrong thread. Oops.

Derrick01

Banned
just got 50% off terraria :/ meh

Meh to you sir! Terraria's one of the best games of the year.

I just got a 50% off GTA Vice City coupon for doing the guardians of graxia achievement. I'd feel better about that if it had good gamepad support which I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Bebpo

Banned
One thing I'm curious about is if anyone, on any forum, has gotten a game out of crafting coal? Everyone who posts about crafting 7 coals seems to be getting the absolute worst coupons from it, which makes it seem like hanging onto the coal is the better option.

alterno69

Banned
Fuuuuck, i only got a decent gaming PC 3 weeks ago, 3 weeks, and i now own, Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Stalker bundle, Arkam City and Crysis lol, this is gonna be my ruin.

My collection is getting bigger by the day, plus i already owned the orange box and i have yet to beat any of those games too lol.

Euphor!a

Banned
I'm looking to get some more coal, anyone have any interest in trading for any of these coupons?

2xValve 50% Off
Torchlight 75% Off
The Ball 50% Off
Bunch of Heroes 50% Off (I think I got trolled with this one... Got it for the Bunch of heroes Achievement -_-)

I also have a giftable copy of Left 4 Dead 2.

inky

God the Defense Grid achievement is insane. I even followed a guide and I can't get it...

I followed the video in the guide in the OP and got it on my first try. I'm not even that good at this game tbh. Just check the build order.

ElRenoRaven

Part of me is itching to just go ahead and redeem it myself right now (rather than hold it for potential trade) to get todays achievement and another gift.

I feel like I'm on Press Your Luck...No Whammies!

See I doubt you'd trade JP for a 50 percent off anything steam coupon and 3 coal would you? Could even throw in a 25 percent off anything valve coupon too. lol

Petrie

Banned
I followed the video in the guide in the OP and got it on my first try. I'm not even that good at this game tbh. Just check the build order.

I found that achievement to be stupidly simple. Barely had to try, just build an assortment and the last 16 or so waves are on auto-pilot.

Atomski

Is Monday Night Combat worth it? Anyone still play online?
A free2play version of the game will be out soon. I doubt the original will have any playersbase once its released.

Im still debating if Rage is worth spending 15 dollars on. Have they fixed the texture popup?

Lulubop

I was interested in Grotesque Tactics awhile, but read a lot of negative feedback. Is the sequel a major improvement?

Also, how is Sword and Soldiers?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I was interested in Grotesque Tactics awhile, but read a lot of negative feedback. Is the sequel a major improvement?

I heard meh things as well as about GT which is why I'm just passing on today's stuff since we are barely a few days into the sale. Rather wait and spend my cash on other stuff I know I want.

Sword and Soldiers is a fun little strategy game. It's not the deepest thing in the world, but it's charming and a lot of fun. Easily worth $2.50. I got it at full price at launch and loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom