• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a late reply, but also if anyone else wants the easy way of getting the achievement, play the Focal Point map on Adrenaline. Only have to get 100,000 and not lose any cores to get the gold medal. I finished that one with a score of 290,000.

I just spend a good deal of time on the first available map and was surprised not to see the achievement. Looked at score: 96000. Dôh.
I sold one lousy tower and a alien got it claws on one core. Grrr.

Davedough

My gift pile is so depressing =(

37Mo7.jpg

SmithnCo

I forgot now sluggish Poker night and the Inventory is. But I won a hand and got the Christmas achievement as well as the Summer sale one, smh

You can right click to skip dialogue and speed it up a little at least. Glad they put an easier achievement in even though I wasted two hours getting the 3 kings one.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
Got my first non Valve coupon and non coal item, and it's 50% off Psychonauts, which I just bought yesterday.

Well played Gabe, well played.

Artofwar420

The way I see the whole coal vs giant prize thing is like this: Essentially zero chance of getting any of the prizes. So I 'd rather do something with my coals, be it trading them or crafting them for a guaranteed something.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
We haven't had a EA game yet for dailies? Haven't we?

Looks like the ties are going and I'm not gonna get my 5$ BS.

Jomjom

Banned
I'm saving all of my coal based off of what I've seen everyone get. I would rather a chance at winning the entire Steam library, no matter how infinitesimal, than get another wanky coupon.

Ah the coal also acts as the entries to win the Steam library? I thought the achievements were the entries.

NZNova

Is Batman AC region restricted at all? It's $50USD here even after the sale.. kinda hoping to get it gifted from the states for half that price, but not sure if it'll work or not.

Jomjom

Banned
Yes. The number of coal in your inventory on Jan 2nd equals the number of entries into the epic prize drawing.

Damn it, decisions, decisions. Even the worst prize only has a quantity of 1000. There's little to no chance of winning that even if I have a lot of coal. But trading 7 coal for a coupon, most likely, is not a great prospect either.

Luigi87

Hmm, Amazon has Sonic Generations (Steam activated) for $15... Can't decide whether or not to jump on that, or tough it out for potentially 50-75% off on Steam alone x.x

ElRenoRaven

Hmm, Amazon has Sonic Generations (Steam activated) for $15... Can't decide whether or not to jump on that, or tough it out for potentially 50-75% off on Steam alone x.x

Odds are you won't see it cheaper. I have to say I bit on that today and I'm having a blast. First great console/pc Sonic game since the Adventure games in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom