• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemic77

Could really use some imput on Mount & Blade...

I was interested in getting Mount & Blade, mainly for the multiplayer. Should I bother getting the bundle or can I enjoy the multiplayer with just Warband?

I was interested in getting Mount & Blade, mainly for the multiplayer. Should I bother getting the bundle or can I enjoy the multiplayer with just Warband?

Just Warband is enough, I don't think the original has much value over Warband.

Probably picking up Monday Night Combat and Neverwinter Nights 2.

I played the first NWN way way back when it was released, is Neverwinter Nights 2 as good or better?

Herla

Warband is all you need, it's an updated version of M&B.
And there are free mods for it that are way better than With Fire & Sword.

Torraz

Probably picking up Monday Night Combat and Neverwinter Nights 2.

I played the first NWN way way back when it was released, is Neverwinter Nights 2 as good or better?

NWN 2, especially the first addon, is excellent.

The modding community never became as active as with the first game though.

Davedough

My gift pile is so depressing =(

37Mo7.jpg

Oh and dont let the booty fool you. These FINE gifts are available for trade if anyone's interested. I know I wont win shit and I only plan on buying maybe 2-3 games this round, so stand back fellas.. this loot is up for grabs!

I know... I know.... its such good stuff that its really hard to come up with a suitable trade equivalent, but you know what... I'm a flexible guy.

thefil

Hmm, Amazon has Sonic Generations (Steam activated) for $15... Can't decide whether or not to jump on that, or tough it out for potentially 50-75% off on Steam alone x.x

I admit jealousy. Amazon Download service not available in Canada, and sonic is the only game I'm willing to go over $10 for :(. Will probably crack at $20 at the end of sale if no daily.

Tambini

I admit jealousy. Amazon Download service not available in Canada, and sonic is the only game I'm willing to go over $10 for :(. Will probably crack at $20 at the end of sale if no daily.

I'm in the UK and I bought sonic from amazon.com today.

Just make an account and use Googles address

Prophane33

Thinking of getting Mount & Blade Warband since it's a Paradox games. However, I'm more hoping I can trade a HiB3 code and/or some coal for it.

ElRenoRaven

I'm in the UK and I bought sonic from amazon.com today.

Just make an account and use Googles address

Yup. Just use a US address for your purchase and it'll go through easily. That's what everyone else has been doing that doesn't live here.

RiverBed

Banned
So let me see if I got this correctly:
On a Steam sale, daily deals mean some games are being sold at a discount. But the next day, those deals still remain and Steam just adds more games to the sale, correct?
Or are the deals for specific games over in 24 hours+4 hours from the next day?

What does it mean when somebody says wait till the last day of sales?

Mrbob

Did I just get the worst gift possible? I crafted 7 pieces of coal and got a coupon for 25 percent off GSC games. The fuck?

Philip Rivers worst day ever.gif

ElRenoRaven

On a Steam sale, daily deals mean some games are being sold at a discount. But the next day, those deals still remain and Steam just adds more games to the sale, correct?

No. Daily deal means you only get it for that price the day it's the deal and the 4 hour overtime they are doing the next day.

Turfster

24+4 hours.
RiverBed said:

If you want something, wait until the end of the sale to buy it or when it's a daily deal before that.

Nekrono

Is there anyone that can gift me Batman Arkham City? I'll pay pal.

Game was removed from my "region" all of a sudden without notice or reason.

Damn it, decisions, decisions. Even the worst prize only has a quantity of 1000. There's little to no chance of winning that even if I have a lot of coal. But trading 7 coal for a coupon, most likely, is not a great prospect either.

A piece of coal currently shakes out to something like a $1.25 if you trade it for a game. That'll probably go down as more appear and people realize crafting is not as good as they think.

Mrbob

Lets turn on coal. Coal crafting sucks! Prizes suck! Without being able to use these coupons with sales they are almost worthless anyway. Just wait for daily, midweek, or weekend deals to show up! The anti coal revolution starts here!

ElRenoRaven

Lets turn on coal. Coal crafting sucks! Prizes suck! Without being able to use these coupons with sales they are almost worthless anyway. Just wait for daily, midweek, or weekend deals to show up! The anti coal revolution starts here!

I figured the presents would suck for the most part and end up coupons whenever Valve announced coupons for steam. Sadly it looks like that's the case with them usually being coupons. Personally I liked how they did the summer sale better.

Mrbob

I figured the presents would suck for the most part and end up coupons whenever Valve announced coupons for steam. Sadly it looks like that's the case with them usually being coupons. Personally I liked how they did the summer sale better.

Agreed. At least you knew what to turn in your tickets for in the summer sale. Turning in coal and not knowing what you will get (most likely garbo in return) sucks.

Artofwar420

Though I liked the summer sale prizes better, I like that they experiment. Makes me wonder what crazy shit they'll do for 2012's summer.

thefil

Yeah, +votes for summer sale.

To be honest though, I can't be the only one who enjoys getting the achievements more than the prizes? It's just fun to have goals in all these games I never play but own.

Also: Got Sonic Generations on Amazon! Thanks guys!

LegoArmo

So I bought Sonic Generations from Amazon, then realised it will probably be cheaper in a daily because it's currently £14.99 in the UK at only 25% off... Plus my bank likes to charge me for purchases made in $.

Still, it's a great game and meant to be worth it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom