• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
Jesus Christ! Another 2011 game at 80% off (Renegade Ops). inb4 Skyrim 80% off.
Well, I have a standing bet with Based Gabe that if he makes Skyrim a daily deal for $5, I'll dunk my head in a pee soaked toilet.

GAF is apparently gonna hold me to that with photographic evidence LOL.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What's up with the low metacritic score? It seems super interesting gameplay-wise.

I think it stems from people who are fans of the tower defense genre disliking how Iron Grip handles that component. I like that it isn't super complex and that they force you to make quick decisions. Those seem to be the biggest complaints in the IGN review.

Having said that, I would not suggest the game if you're going to play solo. Friends are a must.

Prelithe

The odds of it being cheaper than $3.00 are slim, though.

It can reach $3.00 heights if you assume the 4-pack goes 50% off ($30), which makes it $3.75 each. Even with tax its still cheaper on Amazon so if you want it now just get it.

Note: When you buy it from Amazon, it will ask you to download. Just ignore it and go to your library and get the Steam key from there (that scared me for a moment, lol).

legacyzero

Banned
There's no way a $5 Skyrim daily deal will happen. It's just selling too good. Sorry GAF. I'll still hold my end of the bargain if they do though.

That steam trading looks awesome.. i managed to trade my disciples 2 gold :p

now i have The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for trade.. listening to offers

kswiston

There's no way a $5 Skyrim daily deal will happen. It's just selling too good. Sorry GAF. I'll still hold my end of the bargain if they do though.

There is no way that Skyrim will be a $30 daily deal. Every year, it is pretty obvious which games will get crazy discounts and which will not.

Here's a hint, when a game is regularly in the top 5 Steam best sellers during the holiday sale despite being full price at $60, it is not going to see a huge discount. People might as well cross their fingers for $5 Modern Warfare 3. Just as likely.

At best, we'll get a 20-25% off daily on Skyrim. Which is about the same pricepoint that the game was offered for on D2D if you pre-ordered with a referral or an IGN Prime account.

Chesskid1

Banned
shit, i'm still ecstatic about deus ex, thought i would be lucky to get it for $20, but for $15 i get the augmented + the expensive DLC.

damn, couple more games and i'm set for damn forever. i will control myself and beat most of my christmas purchases before i get more stuff. that's it.

but till then, let the christmas buying shennigans (sp?) continue!

shit, i'm still ecstatic about deus ex, thought i would be lucky to get it for $20, but for $15 i get the augmented + the expensive DLC.

damn, couple more games and i'm set for damn forever. i will control myself and beat most of my christmas purchases before i get more stuff. that's it.

what? where? today? this is what ive been waiting for

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Come on, Rock of Ages!!!!

MP broken, game not as fun as I would have liked it to be. However it is original and somewhat enjoyable, and would have been worth a sale price to me for checking out.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I bought my first games a few years ago (Portal and Bioshock) $5 each during a sale. I've managed to stay conservative and am only up to ~25 or so games at this point. I have a personal rule to only buy games during the winter sale, and never for more than $10.

The first game I bought on my Steam account was Skyrim, a little over a month ago (although I did already have Portal 2 (got it from buying a PS3 copy) and Sequence (gifted to pretty much everyone here on GAF) on it by then). Now I have 33 games, and my account is worth €402.63/$445.63.

However, 19 of those games are from indie bundles (Indie Gala and HIB4 + HIB3 bonus games), some were gifted to me, and the rest were bought at huge discounts. The only game I've bought at full price is Skyrim.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I thought it was worth full price (even though I bought it on sale as well). It's fun!

Played it on launch and the launch issues I had with performance and bugs were very annoying. Played it a while ago again and they fixed most of it, but the MP still didnt work properly.

Not saying its not fun, but I expected more after the hype. In the end I'd still recommend it if you can get it for cheap properly.

Volcynika

Played it on launch and the launch issues I had with performance and bugs were very annoying. Played it a while ago again and they fixed most of it, but the MP still didnt work properly.

Not saying its not fun, but I expected more after the hype.

MP has worked for me so iono.

The first game I bought on my Steam account was Skyrim, a little over a month ago (although I did already have Portal 2 (got it from buying a PS3 copy) and Sequence (gifted to pretty much everyone here on GAF) on it by then). Now I have 33 games, and my account is worth €402.63/$445.63.

However, 19 of those games are from indie bundles (Indie Gala and HIB4 + HIB3 bonus games), some were gifted to me, and the rest were bought at huge discounts. The only game I've bought at full price is Skyrim.
How do you tell what your account is worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom