• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooth

After crafting 7 coal, I get this gem.
5BWul.png

Herla

How story driven is Avadon? I like dialogues, persuasion checks and companions but I'm not a fan of combat...should I get it?

Probably the first steam sale where I've only bought one game (Psychonauts) in the first few days of the sale. I really hope id's old school shooters go on sale for 75%. Been craving a play through of Doom 1 & 2 and Quake 2.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright since I beg current RPG developers to stop dumbing their games down I guess it would be hypocritical of me to overlook this.

Plus your argument was convincing

Havent played yet but I'd buy anything this guy puts out (for a reasonable price). The others were seriously great. This one seems to be a bit on the easy side at first, but its the only one with sorta nice graphics.

Thats why my impressions were as elaborate!
But yeah, one of the last few guys making an effort to create interesting RPGs.

How story driven is Avadon? I like dialogues, persuasion checks and companions but I'm not a fan of combat...should I get it?

The stories in his other games were great and had a good amount of text.

Lumine

Any impressions on Avadon? Could be neat, but it looks kind of crappy. The art that is. :p

Also is Swords & Soldiers worth it? Wanted to ask yesterday but forgot about it.

I wish one could trim the public profile games page. It lists 150 games for me now, but I actually have less than 80 in my library.

If I were to get one of the Mass Effects, which one should I get? not getting both. :(

Mass Effect 1 is better. Better RPG mechanics, better story, it´s focused on more fun enemies, and has much better music.

SteveWD40

Tempted by Red River, just fancy a solo tactical game to muck about in (I miss the old days of GR / R6 early games), any reason not to at that price?

UrbanRats

for those interested, Limbo is a really wonderful game, but it's embarassingly short, keep in mind.
I finished it in barely 2 hours, and fucked around a lot.

Does Skydrift have local multiplayer?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any impressions on Avadon? Could be neat, but it looks kind of crappy. The art that is. :p

Also is Swords & Soldiers worth it? Wanted to ask yesterday but forgot about it.

avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon.

So that you guys dont overlook this indie developer. Never played that game but the other games of him were all great Indie RPG games.

Listen to this guy!

Buy Avadon!!! Amazing indie RPG made for fans of classic CRPG's. $2.50 is a STEAL

And to this one!

Very story driven. It's more along the lines of Baldur's Gate 2 than Icewind Dale.

!!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Brink isn't worth FREE.

Amazon has Renegade Ops for $3 today and it's Steamworks.

This, tried it on a free weekend and it was wank.

Picked up Blur, looks pretty trippy and fun, been thinking about it for a while so I figure at that price hell why not.

scy

After crafting 7 coal, I get this gem.
5BWul.png

A winner is you!

They really should have been a bit selective on what titles can be crafted/randomly won; nobody is happy about this shit. This and Bad Rats are the terrible sweaters of the contest.

bryehn

Bought Avadon. I'm a sucker for old school RPGs and SteamPlay is a must for me these days, split between my iMac and laptop.

The_Monk

I thought Limbo was playable on MAC.

And how can people see what else is on sale besides those deals? I just click on them and slide them one by one but there are always more deals on, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom