• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Bought Avadon. I'm a sucker for old school RPGs and SteamPlay is a must for me these days, split between my iMac and laptop.

Pretty good. Its not as good as the other games from the same studio, but I had fun with it.

Alright since I beg current RPG developers to stop dumbing their games down I guess it would be hypocritical of me to overlook this.

Plus your argument was convincing
Ooooh....you may not like this one. I felt it was pretty "dumbed down". If you want RPGs with some actual depth check out the Geneforge Saga by the same developer, also on Steam

Chris R

Wish Limbo had OSX support :( Oh well, looks like a non-eventful day. No buying and no achievements... I guess that means more time to play some of the games I bought earlier in the sale?

Boring. Someone else can try and convince you though.

I'd actually call it rather overrated. They paid some really good attention to the UI, and the graphics are charming and sharp. But when you come town to it it's just a loot game that you can't play with friends (which is 75% of a loot game for me) and I was pretty unimpressed with the actual meat of the combat gameplay. Played it for like 5 hours and dropped it myself.

legacyzero

Banned
DO NOT BUY HOMECOMING.

It is busted on the pc. There's only a slight chance of actually being able to play the entire game. It will not let you pass a certain point, after a boss fight. SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Nothing for me again today! Man, that's two days in a row! I've either reached the point where the only things I want aren't reaching purchase price because they're still too new, or I've bought everything I want!

Wait.. I almost completely hate Homecoming. Why did I even consider it?

Davedough

Damn I was hoping for a bigger discount on Space Marine.

The game looks fun though.

EDIT: Wow SkyDrift looks awesome!

I bought Space Marine Day 1 on the 360 because I'm a huge 40k fan. Its a decently fun romp, but it grows very tiresome quickly. I haven't finished it because I feel like I've seen and done it all before. In my opinion, $25 is still a bit steep.

Multiplayer on it died on the console, not sure how it is on the PC, but Gears 3 took the entire multiplayer fanbase away. They just released a DLC for it, so it might have resurged, but I'm not sure.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Pretty good. Its not as good as the other games from the same studio, but I had fun with it.

Ooooh....you may not like this one. I felt it was pretty "dumbed down". If you want RPGs with some actual depth check out the Geneforge Saga by the same developer, also on Steam

True, Geneforge games were super great, but a bit more expensive right now. Checking out Avadon for 1,74 wouldnt hurt as bad I guess.

pfkas

Is there a thread for organising random GAF multiplayer games? Might be an idea what with quite a few picking up cheap games like Payday and Blur.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Wish Limbo had OSX support :( Oh well, looks like a non-eventful day. No buying and no achievements... I guess that means more time to play some of the games I bought earlier in the sale?

Limbo is coming to OnLive won't need to worry about the OS as it will be on MAC, PC, and Tablets!

PS anyone else underwhelmed by the sales? Seems like a lot of fudder with like 1 game a day worth it..

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
True, Geneforge games were super great, but a bit more expensive right now. Checking out Avadon for 1,74 wouldnt hurt as bad I guess.

Oh yeah, Avadon is definitely worth that. Its a fun game. I was just disappointed by the very linear opening hours and feeling like none of my choices mattered.

Also, like Toma pointed out anyone else looking for more information: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429117&page=3

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can anyone post today's achievements ?
Rise of Immortals
Supporter - Get 10 assists in a match.

The Polynomial - Space of the music
Sore throat - Eat too many (more than 10) snowflakes within game life. Snowflakes will be present in Christmas level when its Christmas.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Sector Cleared - Successfully complete a Space Marine Exterminatus Arena (Kalkys Facility Escape or Hab Center Assault).

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Ho-ho-hidden! - Find Santa’s secret hideaway.

Toki Tori
Catch a Cold - Collect all ten snowflakes that appear in December before they melt

DEFCON
Merry Christmas - Nuke Santa and thereby end Christmas for everyone, for ever more

Is Steam blocked where you are? They're on the site.
http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/

Home just in time for the daily deals! I think I'll grab Avadon and Sky Drift. I only have Toki Tori out of the achievement games for today and the rest don't look very appealing. :/

Lot of this stuff is blocked. Would be nice if OP was updated immediately, or if someone could simply post the games on sale and the achievements.

Salsa was always fast... Rip

Also all I want is a steam app that lets you buy stuff easier and even lets you start remote downloads maybe.

Oh and messaging too.

anyone having trouble with the audiosurf achievement 'candy stripe'?

I believe im doing everything correctly, but the achievement isn't activating =/

SmithnCo

Did the Polynomial achievement and got 33% off Saints Row: the Third. More than it is on the sale currently but it's still been cheaper. Blah.

DOA

I thought Limbo was playable on MAC.

And how can people see what else is on sale besides those deals? I just click on them and slide them one by one but there are always more deals on, right?

Limbo (steam version) will be available for mac in January 13th

I think I'll bite on Avadon. Haven't bought anything else yet, and I'm hoping the $20 in my Steam wallet will get me through the sale. So far so good!

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Limbo for sure. Probably Avadon. I also really want to get SkyDrift because I'm dying for a new Crimson Skies and this looks like the closest we'll get but by the time I can even play it it'll probably be on sale (for less) in the summer sale.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Avadon and Deus Ex + DLC from GG for me today. Might be it for this sale unless anything else on my wishlist just happens to get a better than expected daily deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom