• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Bad news guys. If you bought Arkham City or are still planning to, be aware that the patch steam pushed to it last night has a high chance of completely deleting your save file.

Myself and numerous other steam users lost all our progress.

That really sucks.

sn00zer

Way late to the party on this but how is the PC port of Mass Effect? Anything major one would want to know about prior to purchase?

Very good, much improved inventory system that caters to PC....had no issues playing it....I also think you may get a free DLC with it

Zebra

Torchlight = Mediocre story, massive loot, fun and addictive skillsets

Avadon = Better story and dont know much else about it, honestly.

I'd go for Avadon, but only because I already own Torchlight.... so that wasn't much help.

How about this? Pick a hand. In my left is one of your choices in the right is the other.

Oh oh, right hand!

KarmaCow

Way late to the party on this but how is the PC port of Mass Effect? Anything major one would want to know about prior to purchase?

It's pretty good, they reworked the interface to make it better for k&m. There is a glitch that doesn't load high res textures for some characters but there is a fan patch for that.

Ifrit

No controller support, that's pretty much it. But controls pretty good with a m/k, they made some improvement in the inventory management from the 360 version, looks and runs great, definitive version for sure. 60 fps for life!

It's pretty good, they reworked the interface to make it better for k&m. There is a glitch that doesn't load high res textures for some characters but there is a fan patch for that.

Yeah, that happened with Garrus, you can see the difference but I wasn't really annoyed by that, and thankfully that can be fixed apparently

Not sure if it's been posted yet but it looks like E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is an unannounced daily 75% off at 2.50, there is even a 4 pack option.

Goddamn, normally I wouldn't take a chance on a game like this but the Giantbomb Quick Look for this game was insane. I'll probably only play it for a half hour but at 2.50 how can I resist.

Petrie

Banned
Played Deus Ex for a few hours on 360 but the lack of fast travel or a decent navigation system annoyed me, is this any better in the 360 version?

Peff

Huh, I finally got something other than coal and it's The Witcher 1, which I have (both physical and Steam). If anybody missed the daily and wants to trade some other gift...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The holiday giving thread isn't budging so I might as well ask here - anyone have Toki Tori? I want it, and willing to trade.

cicero

avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon avadon.

So that you guys dont overlook this indie developer. Never played that game but the other games of him were all great Indie RPG games.

Listen to this man. Seriously.

masterkajo

Phew, safe from today's deals.

Damage so far:

For myself:
Witcher 1
Dungeons of Dreadmor DLC
Defense Grid DLC
Orcs Must Die + All DLC
Recettar Item Shop Story
Psychonauts and Costume Quest

Gifts:
Witcher 1
Dungeons of Dreadmor + DLC
Neverwinter Nights 2

Won:
Humble Bundle 3
Witcher 2!

You lucky bastard... :)

The_Monk

Can any GAFfer help me?

I got LIMBO but I have a MacBook Pro. I went to my Bootcamp side, Downloaded and installed the game but when I log in Steam on MAC side I do not have the game.

However if I go to Community > Games > All Games I can see that I have LIMBO is there but I don't have it on my Steam Library on my MAC side, only on Windows side...

Can somebody please help?

Dalauz

Does ME & ME2 come with DLC?

got Avadon to do some desktop gaming @work (shhhh!)

Body count so far

Ahora tienes Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2: Cerberus Key, Mass Effect 2: Game Key, Mass Effect, Avadon: The Black Fortress.
Dec 21Ahora tienes Psychonauts, Costume Quest, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum, Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion 1, Neverwinter Nights 2 Expansion 2, Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum - Map Editor, PAYDAY: The Heist.
Dec 20Ahora tienes Orcs Must Die!, Orcs Must Die! - War Mage's Toolbox DLC, Orcs Must Die! - Artifacts of Power DLC, Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures DLC, Source SDK, Source SDK Base 2006, Source SDK Base 2007, Portal, Portal 2, Portal 2 Authoring Tools - Beta.

Oreoleo

How is E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy ? The Metacritic score is pretty average...

I enjoyed it. Reminded me of a somewhat less engrossing Deus Ex - STALKER hybrid. The character progression mechanics are sort of obscured but there are definitely some cool ideas there; augmentations such as being able to run and jump faster/higher, hack ANYTHING including enemies and control them to do your bidding, spawn clones of yourself to distract and take down enemies, invisibility, see through walls, make enemies go insane and attack other enemies... there are plenty of ways to approach combat and you can deck your character out with swords, hammers, pistols, snipers, minigun etc etc. It's not the most polished game but it's quite interesting. And, at least personally, it made for an enjoyable co-op experience.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Played Deus Ex for a few hours on 360 but the lack of fast travel or a decent navigation system annoyed me, is this any better in the 360 version?

The game is linear enough and the areas are all pretty small. Why would you need a fast travel system? Jumping from one house to another.
There are a lot of shortcuts you can open up bye hacking etc... It get's even faster after that.

And to answer your question: no, no fast travel in the PC version either

Petrie

Banned
you might as well play a linear shooter.

Yes, because I don't enjoy the tedious walking back and forth for 10 minutes at a time I should play a linear shooter. I obviously can't enjoy the open ended nature of the missions themselves, or the various RPG elements, simply because I find one aspect of the game that has been abandoned by others in the genre for a reason to be tedious and un-fun. I should definitely just play a linear shooter then.

Oh wait, you're just a moron. Moving on.

The game is linear enough and the areas are all pretty small. Why would you need a fast travel system? Jumping from one house to another.
There are a lot of shortcuts you can open up bye hacking etc... It get's even faster after that.

And to answer your question: no, no fast travel in the PC version either

I found the navigation system to be bad at letting me know in what direction I actually needed to be going. Oh well.

TDLink

Batam AC is updating for me... two times in a row. Once 125MB and again 175MB. Whats up with that?

They released a patch that deleted your save cause it removed GFWL. They realized they made a mistake so the second patch is a rollback. Ie, the two patches combined = nothing changed for you. Though I think it is cool they are working on removing GFWL from the steam version.

So far for me:

Code:
$01.99 Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Amazon - Steamworks)
$02.99 Renegade Ops with DLC (Amazon - Steamworks)
$02.49 Psychonauts
$02.49 Limbo

That's worth $9.96 IMO.

Both Amazon buys awarded a $5 DD credit to be used in 2012 on a 2011 bestseller.

Sanic

Very good, much improved inventory system that caters to PC....had no issues playing it....I also think you may get a free DLC with it

No controller support, that's pretty much it. But controls pretty good with a m/k, they made some improvement in the inventory management from the 360 version, looks and runs great, definitive version for sure. 60 fps for life!

Yeah, that happened with Garrus, you can see the difference but I wasn't really annoyed by that, and thankfully that can be fixed apparently

Thanks!

Uriah

Crafted my coal and got a 50 percent off coupon for Cthulu saves the world/Breath of Fire. Currently the game is 66% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom