• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torchlight will be copped...and I guess I'll finally take a dive into the Mass Effect series too (given I have any time to play these games! =P)

Revoh

So far for me:

Code:
$01.99 Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Amazon - Steamworks)
$02.99 Renegade Ops with DLC (Amazon - Steamworks)
$02.49 Psychonauts
$02.49 Limbo

That's worth $9.96 IMO.

Both Amazon buys awarded a $5 DD credit to be used in 2012 on a 2011 bestseller.

When did you get Lara Croft? It's 9$ now. damn :/

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Was Dungeons of Dredmor in a Humble Bundle at some point?

I was about to post about how I was going to punish myself for missing out on what I learned from screens and videos (after the fact) to be a hilarious rogue-like with a ton of personality (and just over a buck = practically impossible to resist). As I went to Steam to buy it for 2.49 it tells me I already own it... But I can't remember buying it and I don't see when I bought it in my transaction history...

KarmaCow

Was Dungeons of Dredmor in a Humble Bundle at some point?

I was about to post about how I was going to punish myself for missing out on what I learned from screens and videos (after the fact) to be a hilarious rogue-like with a ton of personality (and just over a buck = practically impossible to resist). As I went to Steam to buy it for 2.49 it tells me I already own it... But I can't remember buying it and I don't see when I bought it in my transaction history...

It was a bonus in the previous HIB.

1-D_FTW

They released a patch that deleted your save cause it removed GFWL. They realized they made a mistake so the second patch is a rollback. Ie, the two patches combined = nothing changed for you. Though I think it is cool they are working on removing GFWL from the steam version.

That is cool. Although it certainly would have been optimal to have just shipped with no GFWL embedded in it.

deleted

i just did the Toki Tori achievement. Impossible without a guide for me. It would have been way easier, if the flakes didn't disappear. And you can only reach the, if your timing is nearly perfect.

Mr_eX

I enjoyed it. Reminded me of a somewhat less engrossing Deus Ex - STALKER hybrid. The character progression mechanics are sort of obscured but there are definitely some cool ideas there; augmentations such as being able to run and jump faster/higher, hack ANYTHING including enemies and control them to do your bidding, spawn clones of yourself to distract and take down enemies, invisibility, see through walls, make enemies go insane and attack other enemies... there are plenty of ways to approach combat and you can deck your character out with swords, hammers, pistols, snipers, minigun etc etc. It's not the most polished game but it's quite interesting. And, at least personally, it made for an enjoyable co-op experience.

How many people can play co-op together?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Is Torchlight the kind of Diablo clone that gets boring after a while because there's no multiplayer?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Is Torchlight the kind of Diablo clone that gets boring after a while because there's no multiplayer?

Yup, really lonely game. Good, but basically just an improved upon Fate. No multiplayer made it get old really fast for me.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
I believe it was added as a "bonus" to one of the bundles a few days after it went on sale. I saw it on my library uninstalled and was like, "When the fuck did I buy this?"

You're right, the Introversion bundle, according to posts I found. I LOVE that I don't have to do a thing and it's just added to my library, but maybe Steam could add a notification system for this kind of stuff, because I really had no idea.

i just did the Toki Tori achievement. Impossible without a guide for me. It would have been way easier, if the flakes didn't disappear. And you can only reach the, if your timing is nearly perfect.

I don't even like the game, so I just had the guide up right off the bat.

It took about 5 minutes, but it was stupidly annoying in parts, especially since the rewind is kind of random on where it wants to put you back. Sometimes it would throw me way back to almost the beginning, but rewinding from that same point again only takes me back a little tiny bit, not enough to redo what I needed to redo.

1-D_FTW

Yeah. I saw instructions for that one and immediately passed. I didn't skip too many achievements for games I owned, but that was one I had no interest in doing.

The_Monk

Can any GAFfer help me?

I got LIMBO but I have a MacBook Pro. I went to my Bootcamp side, Downloaded and installed the game but when I log in Steam on MAC side I do not have the game.

However if I go to Community > Games > All Games I can see that I have LIMBO is there but I don't have it on my Steam Library on my MAC side, only on Windows side...

Can somebody please help?

Anyone can help me with this, please? Thanks in advance.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

That's the reason I haven't done it yet. The best part of Toki Tori is sitting there thinking about how to tackle the situation so the addition of a timer on the snowflakes really sucks. Not to mention I can navigate through the game much faster with a controller than with a keyboard.

Nabs

I thought it was well done.

Ark

If I buy ME2 standard edition, does it come with all the DLC included in that? Or does the delux edition come with the DLC? I'm so confused.

Rufus

Fuck that Toki Tori achievement. The snowflakes disappear so fucking fast, any, and I mean any amount of delay is going to screw you.

is Defense Grid a reasonable introduction to tower defense games?

Absolutely. Most maps don't require you to make a "maze," and those that do are pretty easy to figure out. Very noob-friendly. Buy it! One of my favorite games.

The DLC maps are pretty tough, but anyone should be able to complete the base campaign.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Played Deus Ex for a few hours on 360 but the lack of fast travel or a decent navigation system annoyed me, is this any better in the 360 version?

Sometimes... I can't think of anything but fail to certain complaints. I don't even know what Fast travel could be used on.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Anyone can help me with this, please? Thanks in advance.

unfortunately LIMBO isn't a SteamPlay title, meaning only the Windows version is available. i imagine it's a title that would work well under Parallels, though.

echoshifting: thanks! will purchase it.

Petrie

Banned
Sometimes... I can't think of anything but fail to certain complaints. I don't even know what Fast travel could be used on.
I guess because the navigation sucks so it was taking me forever to get from place to place. If that was better, I wouldn't want fast travel.

mrgone

I thought it was well done.

I really like what Two Tribes does with the winter achievements too, and there's plenty of puzzle to these ones, but I'm finding that the way Toki Tori controls isn't really great for anything requiring quick precision. It's hard to tell whether you've found a good solution and just aren't quite smooth enough with your execution, or if your solution's off a little.

It's so annoying that I can't buy a game for myself and a gift at the same time. I also hate filling out the little message cards every time I buy gift. Is there any way to skip that? :/

Tobe

cant find the equal distribution thread, can somebody help me with batman AC DLC please ?

edit:also count me in for rise of the immortals cheevo
steam id : tobe101

Kunan

Got my sister:

- Bastion
- Orcs Must Die
- Terraria
- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
- From Dust
- Cave Story+
- Portal
- Portal 2
- Peggle + Peggle Nights
- Plants vs. Zombies

All for the same price as a standard retail release! She likes to play quirky games and just got a new laptop, so I thought I would flesh out her library a bit with some of the best of the best :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom