• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my sister:

- Bastion
- Orcs Must Die
- Terraria
- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
- From Dust
- Cave Story+
- Portal
- Portal 2
- Peggle + Peggle Nights
- Plants vs. Zombies

All for the same price as a standard retail release! She likes to play quirky games and just got a new laptop, so I thought I would flesh out her library a bit with some of the best of the best :D

That is an exceptional list but it's missing Defense Grid

Friend me with her account and I'll rectify that for you. S.id is echoshifting

Card Boy

Banned
I actucally played that shit Rise of the Immortals ages back and got the 10 assists in a match. Its what happens when you get kill stealed in these games.

So only 1 achievement today, CBF going for that DEFCON one.

Im_Special

Why is EYE Divine Cybermancy 75% off?

What is this hidden deals bullshit?

My theory is it's just a Steam goof and they put it up as a daily on the wrong day. It will probably show up as a daily proper on another day and they will correct the 75% deal later today. I would jump on it if you want it though. Again just my theory.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Why is EYE Divine Cybermancy 75% off?

What is this hidden deals bullshit?

i noticed this (and bought it). i wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for the game being on my wishlist. why don't they list everything that's on daily deal? (and E.Y.E. is infact a daily deal)

Seeing as it's a daily deal but the offer is good until December 24th I'm thinking it's a mistake and it was supposed to go live tomorrow instead of today.

Cross posting this from the achievements thread for those who are having trouble getting the Toki Tori achievement

Someone has uploaded save files for Toki Tori to the Treasure hunt wiki page, and I added some instructions on how to get it to work. Just placing the correct save file in the correct folder and launching the game is enough to get the achievement. From what I've heard, this was a fairly long and somewhat difficult achievement to do on your own but it is now trivial because of this save file.

Just place the save files in the right folder and launch the game and you will get the achievement.

Meanwhile after day 3 I have 2 useless coupons and 12 lumps of coal. Why do you hate me so much Gaben? :(

HOLY SHIT GAF, BLUR IS FINALLY ON SALE!! My dream has come true! ahahahah!

If you havent already bought it, do it GAF, do it in honor of the late Bizzare Creations. :'(

Reasons to buy:
  • if you liked Mario-Kart
  • if you liked PGR/4
  • if you liked Geometry Wars 1/2
  • if you hate Activision
  • its from Bizarre Creations

One of a few racing games outside of Nintendo in this generation that could pull off the "frenetic power-up racing game" formula that Mario Kart perfected.

More reasons to buy it. (inb4 "the multiplayer is dead")

She has no account yet, going to set that up with her at christmas. Thanks for the offer though!

Sure thing! Let me know if you change your mind....that is a spectacular quirky game and there's a great crossover expansion with Portal/Portal 2 if she ends up liking those.

The original Quake is 50% off right now

Do you think the entire Quake series will be a daily? I have been really itching to experience the original Quake, but 10 (even 5) is pretty steep for a really old game. 2.50 would be the sweet spot.

Im_Special

Looks like the GamersGate Deus Ex deal is no longer 80% but now 66% off, good thing I jumped on it earlier. Also looks like Steam can't make up their mind about the price of Monday Night Combat, its back up to 75% off from 50% for the remaining 2 hours.

jkoch

So is there any reason to get the steam version of Divinity II besides the exclusive armor? Its $8 on amazon right now.

Does it active on Steam? I was thinking about getting it on Steam, but I probably have $100 in Amazon gift cards so I'd rather get it there.

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Anyone can help with the DEFCON achievment?
I really don't have a clue about what I'm supposed to do.

Based on the hint I assumed you needed to nuke the North Pole, but it seems based on comments that he appears as a unit that moves from location to location and that you must destroy.

For real ? Why

Thats really sad

people still play it but i heard that stat hackers ruined the leaderbords or something, still doesn't detract from the fun of the game though.

This may sound ridiculous and cliche' but it's the only racing game outside of Nintendo in this generation that could pull off the "frenetic power-up racing game" formula that Mario Kart perfected. And for that at least, even if you don't like Bizarre Creations, PGR/4 or Geometry Wars 1/2, you should buy it.

larvi

Looks like the GamersGate Deus Ex deal is no longer 80% but now 66% off, good thing I jumped on it earlier. Also looks like Steam and make up their mind about the price of Monday Night Combat, its back up to 75% off from 50% for the remaining 2 hours.

Amazon currently has Deus Ex for $9.99 and it appears it will activate on steam according to one of the discussion comments

GHG

Just went on blur and there are 24 players online. BUY BUY BUY people. The game is fun.

I have a non steam version and my ID is OMitchF. Add me through the in game add function.

My steam ID is GHG.

inky

Anyone can help with the DEFCON achievment?
I really don't have a clue about what I'm supposed to do.

Make a new match. Choose an AI opponent (click the arrow next to its name and add it to your team's color, should be red by default I think). You can click on a name and click on the map to choose each player's territories. It works best if you choose Europe for yourself and China for your ally.

Once you are in the game place all your buildings in your territory (works best if you group them up) Press the advance time key (>>>) to reach defcon 1 quickly. Once you reach Defcon 1, right click your silos to turn them into nukes (top option) Each silo has 10 nukes. Select your silo and click on the ground to launch the nuke towards that area. Better wait till Santa is flying through Europe, as nukes have to travel less, and cover more ground with the explosion. Just anticipate Santa's trajectory and nuke the hell out of him.

Easy.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Regarding Limbo on Steam - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-21-limbo-gets-mac-release

Mac users can finally get their hands on lauded indie platformer Limbo, developer Playdead has announced.

As noted by Joystiq, the 83MB download is available now on the Mac App Store priced at your local equivalent of $9.99.

You'll have to wait a little longer if you'd rather pick it up via Steam - it arrives on Valve's store from 13th January.
Buy now, play later!

Lothars

The original Quake is 50% off right now

Do you think the entire Quake series will be a daily? I have been really itching to experience the original Quake, but 10 (even 5) is pretty steep for a really old game. 2.50 would be the sweet spot.
Yes, I think the whole pack will be on sale before the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom