• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameleco

Yeah. I saw instructions for that one and immediately passed. I didn't skip too many achievements for games I owned, but that was one I had no interest in doing.

Don't worry, you only missed out on a 50% off valve title coupon.

Seriously, I got just that. Why couldn't I just get coal and be done with it.

The_Monk

unfortunately LIMBO isn't a SteamPlay title, meaning only the Windows version is available. i imagine it's a title that would work well under Parallels, though.

echoshifting: thanks! will purchase it.

Maybe you don't see it because it doesn't work on mac yet.

I know the game is not Steam Works but here's the thing I have Windows Only games and they appear all on my Steam Library, I just can't play them.

But this one, LIMBO is not appearing on my Steam Library at all. I know I can't play it on MAC that's why I have Bootcamp but the game is simply not there on the List, playable or not.

Should I contact Steam? It's very strange, I just restar Steam and the Laptop several times I even play it and got one achievement but the game is not the my Library when I run it on the OSX and all others Windows-only games are there.

Any ideas GAF?

Im_Special

I'm in England any idea if Amazon will let me buy Renegade Ops and let me put the key into Steam?

It will register with Steam it is a Steamworks game after all, but you cannot buy it unless you live in the US, you'll need someone to gift you the CD-Key.

Wazzim

Banned
First day of purchases!
I have bought OF Dragon Rising and Total War Shogun 2 for less than €10 both :O
Might buy Blur next, Bizarre's last creation!

Paprikka

Might get Torchlight, but I'm good today otherwise. Also got a decent enough coupon I suppose: 66% off MW2. I'd never use it but it's nice to get one that gives a bigger discount than the sale itself gives.

Turfster

Anyone can help with the DEFCON achievment?
I really don't have a clue about what I'm supposed to do.

Set date to the 25th. Start a new game with 1 player (you don't have to set AI opponents, just 'close' the other slots). Fill whatever size zone you're playing on with sam sites. Wait for defcon 1. Nuke the fuck out of the flying santa. You have to predict where he's going to be when your icbms actually land, since there's a delay on firing them.

Card Boy

Banned
Fuck console gaming.

jvXQA.png

Gav47

Online is borked though. Bought this in an earlier sale. Had to go back to the 360 version to play online.

Explained "borked", is it broke or just every few people playing? The sp in Blur got really hard really fast so if I pick it up I'd like online play to be at least functioning.

Saige

I must do better.
Got a 50% off Jamestown coupon, would rather have gotten coal.

I Think I’ll pick up Avadon and the Mass Effect games today

Oreoleo

Is EYE pretty much a multi-player only game? Or would I have $2.50 worth of fun in single player?

If you can appreciate a slower-paced "thinking man's" type FPS, then absolutely. This is not a run and gun, easy thrills type of game. Well I guess if you put it on the lowest difficulty and buffed the right stats it would be. But that's not really the strength of the game.

I don't really care, but does this come with the Steam exclusive Half-Life car thing?

Yup. AND both of the paid DLC's on the Steam store.

(waiting for steam to come back online...)

EDIT: Kept telling me the servers were too busy for game launching, restarted and the problems went away.

Explained "borked", is it broke or just every few people playing? The sp in Blur got really hard really fast so if I pick it up I'd like online play to be at least functioning.

I haven't played the PC version since I picked it up but no one was online from what I recall. I don't think the servers are offline just yet. But I tried a few times and no one was on, and that was right after a Steam Sale too.

This keeps telling me my account is worth $0 even though my communityID links directly to my steam account when I click it. My profile is as public as it'll go and still nothing. bummer.

Defence Grid : Hold F to speed it up, saves your sanity no end

Go on settings and select toggle fast forward so you only have to press f once to activate fast forward (Press it again if you want to slow it down)

pfkas

I absolutely love Alien Breed. Plus, if you have a 3D monitor, it looks amazing. I play with a 360 pad so can't comment on K+M controls. Great stuff.

Is Defense Grid a good game? Or are people playing it just for the achievement?

It's a pretty solid tower defense. I'd get it if you are in any way interested in the genre. It's comparable to element TD where there's certain spots that you can place your towers and you don't really maze.

I've got some interesting stuff to give away.

Steam Gift: Sam and Max Season 1
50% off Valve game
50% off AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
50% off Hacker Evolution

Ifrit

I don't really care, but does this come with the Steam exclusive Half-Life car thing?

Apparently it does, it also gives you $5 credit to use on a download game on January. So yeah, you get $5 for expending $3 plus a game + DLC, everything can be redeemed on steam

Deal is too good to pass up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom