• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

For unlisted dailies: Look at the price box on the store page. If there's a timer, front page or not, it's a daily (or a mistake, like RAGE hopefully was)

Man, that Space Marine sale is a bummer. The DLC isn't even on sale. This was going to be the time!

mrgone

I kinda want to get Renegade Ops but I'm just not sure if there's enough game there. Not for $3, just in general.

Are you kidding? There's enough game there for you and your mother and your mother's mother. (It's definitely worth $3 in my opinion :) )

Dambrosi

Banned
Fuck it, bought EYE because I could not be arsed to wait for a 4-pack to appear.

Also considered getting the Defense Grid: You M0nster DLC, but I probably wouldn't ever play it.

Make a new match. Choose an AI opponent (click the arrow next to its name and add it to your team's color, should be red by default I think). You can click on a name and click on the map to choose each player's territories. It works best if you choose Europe for yourself and China for your ally.

Once you are in the game place all your buildings in your territory (works best if you group them up) Press the advance time key (>>>) to reach defcon 1 quickly. Once you reach Defcon 1, right click your silos to turn them into nukes (top option) Each silo has 10 nukes. Select your silo and click on the ground to launch the nuke towards that area. Better wait till Santa is flying through Europe, as nukes have to travel less, and cover more ground with the explosion. Just anticipate Santa's trajectory and nuke the hell out of him.

Easy.

:O! So you don't have to nuke the north pole after all....
Ok, I'll try it. Thanks!!

Talyn

The hell? There are unlisted dailies now? How does that even make sense!? Anyway, I just bought a 4-pack of E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy so if 3 other people want a copy for $1.87 (gifted via PayPal) please IM me for details.

SlickVic

If Saints Row: The Third is a featured deal on one of the days, really hope they put the Season Pass on sale as well. Kinda worried since the game is already 25% off, but they didn't put any discount on the DLC yet.

Nelo Ice

Banned
If Saints Row: The Third is a featured deal on one of the days, really hope they put the Season Pass on sale as well. Kinda worried since the game is already 25% off, but they didn't put any discount on the DLC yet.

It's definitely possible since Arkham City and it's DLC don't have a discount normally but when they were dailies they all got 50% off.

Well shit, I just played in a group for Bunch of Heroes, we made it to wave 35. I got the achievement, went to my inventory and it was a coal. That made 7 coal. I took the gamble and spent it.

50% off on the title Combat Wings: Battle of Britain.

mrgone

Space Marine doesn't have any DLC discounts either. Maybe it's a THQ thing this year. Giving away (well, not with Space Marine) the razor to sell the blades

Gav47

I kinda want to get Renegade Ops but I'm just not sure if there's enough game there. Not for $3, just in general.

How much game do you need for $3? The sp is around 4 hours + the new DLC and there's co-op as well. Great value for $3 imo

Gave it a bit of consideration and I think I'm going to skip Avadon.

Not because it's expensive or that it looks bad. But it looks like a modern indie attempt at aping the old bioware / black isle games. And considering that those are all currently on sale for $3 on GOG I might as well start with the originals (I've only completed Planescape) as opposed to a modern indie take. Would probably take me a year to finish any one of them, so no need to go too crazy.

Probably finally grabbing EYE though it is kind of messed up that it isn't listed front and center with the rest.

Could be like Steel Storm maybe where it is just 75% off the entire sale, but I'm pretty sure EYE began the sale at 50%..

Davedough

Well there went that lunch break. Downloaded ROI and their login servers were down. So, I downloaded Spiral Knights to catch up on the past achievies and spent the whole time crossing a chasm and trying to figure out where the fuck snowballs were.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Gave it a bit of consideration and I think I'm going to skip Avadon.

Not because it's expensive or that it looks bad. But it looks like a modern indie attempt at aping the old bioware / black isle games. And considering that those are all currently on sale for $3 on GOG I might as well start with the originals (I've only completed Planescape) as opposed to a modern indie take. Would probably take me a year to finish any one of them, so no need to go too crazy.

Well, I definitely wont disagree with that.

SlickVic

It's definitely possible since Arkham City and it's DLC don't have a discount normally but when they were dailies they all got 50% off.

Space Marine doesn't have any DLC discounts either. Maybe it's a THQ thing this year. Giving away (well, not with Space Marine) the razor to sell the blades

Hmm, wonder which it'll be. Also, Homefront is THQ and has all the DLC on sale. Maybe they're only doing DLC sales with their older games? Guess we'll see.

Oreoleo

How many players can get in on EYE's coop mode? Standard two/four or more??
http://eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=faq

"We don't currently think we'll put a player limit in cooperative, or maybe set it to 8, but it is possible to configure this server-side (client server or dedicated server)."

I didn't test this out, but they were saying the same thing pre-release as well, about co-op players being unlimited. Not sure if it would be a good idea though.

jgminto

Hurry up and put the Hitman games, Deus Ex, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Atom Zombie Smasher, Gemini Rue, GTA collection, Plants vs Zombies, Peggle and the 2D Worms on daily.

I didn't realise I wanted all of those games until I started typing.

Card Boy

Banned
I've got some interesting stuff to give away.

Steam Gift: Sam and Max Season 1
50% off Valve game
50% off AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!
50% off Hacker Evolution

I can take Sam and Max Season 1 off your hands if you want.

edit: actually just give it too Goober on the next page.

ksan

Aww steam, not this shit again...
Can't buy games if you're in a different country than your billing adress, even if it's the same steam zone with exactly the same store and prices...
Not acceptable Valve, as awful as not being able to buy your games outside of your state in the US.

jayTOH

http://eye.streumon-studio.com/index.php?page=faq

"We don't currently think we'll put a player limit in cooperative, or maybe set it to 8, but it is possible to configure this server-side (client server or dedicated server)."

I didn't test this out, but they were saying the same thing pre-release as well, about co-op players being unlimited. Not sure if it would be a good idea though.

I see. Might pick up a couple four-packs, then. Thanks, Orellio! I feel disappointed that I didn't check the game's website before asking x_x

TDLink

Aww steam, not this shit again...
Can't buy games if you're in a different country than your billing adress, even if it's the same steam zone with exactly the same store and prices...
Not acceptable Valve, as awful as not being able to buy your games outside of your state in the US.

Just change your country to the one you are currently in but leave the rest of your address the same. It will work.

StAidan

Sigh, thought I would make it 2 days in a row without caving on a sale, but finally broke down on Defense Grid + DLC.

Definitely good on everything else though. Until tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom