• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The total sneaks up on you. Wondering if I should remove any of these.

2089275-untitled1.png

Skydrift mutliplayer is a ghost town, you could dump that.

Fou-Lu

Urgh, I already bought Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, EYE, Deus Ex, and Defense Grid today. Yet I am considering Skydrift and Divinity 2... Worth it guys?

InertiaXr

I think someone here won the superbox which isn't really worth it since all you need is Terran Conflict.

But since that box gives that to you I'd say that person made out really good. X3 TC is a great and really hardcore game.

Any idea how the new expansion to x3 is? I'm probably going to get it for $10 if x3 as a whole doesn't get a daily deal at the end of the sale, but it's kind of disappointing that saves won't transfer from TC to the new 'expansion'.

kafiend

I think someone here won the superbox which isn't really worth it since all you need is Terran Conflict.

But since that box gives that to you I'd say that person made out really good. X3 TC is a great and really hardcore game.

Not only are ALL the X games great but having the Superbox gives you the brand new expansion Albion Prelude for free.

Derrick01

Banned
Any idea how the new expansion to x3 is? I'm probably going to get it for $10 if x3 as a whole doesn't get a daily deal at the end of the sale, but it's kind of disappointing that saves won't transfer from TC to the new 'expansion'.

I have no clue how the expansion is, I'm waiting for a sale too. But I still have so much to do in TC that I don't know if I'll jump on this right away.

edit: I also didn't know that the new expansion is in the superbox now. That's an even bigger win for that guy who won it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

The new expansion integrates a few of the best community mods into the main game in addition to cleaning up bugs, re-balancing and setting up a plot hook for the next game. There's more content in TC but the expansion is set to be the definitive version particularly as the mod community ports over thousands of mods.

TC+AP is the definitive X experience hands down. Even Rebirth next year will take a while before it approaches the polish level and fan support of TC/AP.

It's well worth you time and money if it's your thing.

Lothars

I have no clue how the expansion is, I'm waiting for a sale too. But I still have so much to do in TC that I don't know if I'll jump on this right away.

edit: I also didn't know that the new expansion is in the superbox now. That's an even bigger win for that guy who won it.
Yeah it was actually given to anyone that had owned the Superbox previously, I bought the Superbox because I wanted the extra stuff and to try the older games but was really surprised when I found out that we got the expansion for free.

Askani

Well shit, I just played in a group for Bunch of Heroes, we made it to wave 35. I got the achievement, went to my inventory and it was a coal. That made 7 coal. I took the gamble and spent it.

50% off on the title Combat Wings: Battle of Britain.

Wait...someone clarify for me. I guess I assumed that the winter achievements could only be done during the 24 window of the sale day they were listed. You can go back and do them all later? That would be sweet because I've been busy and missed some.

Derrick01

Banned
So Just Cause 2 and Lara Croft Guardian Of Light are going to be $2.49 on Amazon tomorrow and yes they activate on steam.

$2.50 for something like Just Cause 2 seems criminal. If there's anyone left on gaf who hasn't bought it yet and refuses to buy it for that price then they deserve a grapple hook to the skull.

SmithnCo

Wait...someone clarify for me. I guess I assumed that the winter achievements could only be done during the 24 window of the sale day they were listed. You can go back and do them all later? That would be sweet because I've been busy and missed some.

Yep, you can go back and do previous days achievements. Scroll all the way down on the main gift pile page.

I've gotten nothing but coals ever since the freebie Valve coupon. I'm up to 8 and it's time to craft. Wish me luck!

I got Bad Rats. I've heard it's terrible but it looks alright to me. I may keep it.

So Just Cause 2 and Lara Croft Guardian Of Light are going to be $2.49 on Amazon tomorrow and yes they activate on steam.

Again? They were $2.50 last week too. Sqeenix-Eidos really wants to move their Steam key stock, eh?

$2.50 for something like Just Cause 2 seems criminal. If there's anyone left on gaf who hasn't bought it yet and refuses to buy it for that price then they deserve a grapple hook to the skull.

And to the anus.

Card Boy

Banned
Divinity II having Securom this long after it´s release is enough for me to say: Don´t buy.

Looks like the developers of Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga released there own Securom removal crack.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=452063#Post452063

I guess i should buy now.

There is also an official patch for the Steam version thats coming that will remove it. Really no excuse when it comes to the SecuRom argument now.

Quote for new page so noone missed it.

Platy

Saw this in another site :

There's 89 achievements here. There's 6 a day, and 10 days left. 29 achievements won't be used.

Can anyone comment on the chances of this happening ?

*pray that my 16 pre-achived achivements are used*

Yeah, even if you can't stand the storyline and missions (and I found them passable) you should easily be able to get 8+ hours of fun with it just stealing jets, grappling helicopters, driving tanks into enemy bases, paradropping all over the place. I usually hate, hate open world games and I really liked Just Cause 2.

legend166

How dodgy is it for me to change my billing address from Australia to the USA to buy Sonic Generations from Amazon?

I know it won't really have any effect from the Steam side, but what about Amazon?

Talyn

So I finally decide to burn 7 coal on crafting and what do I get in return? A 50% off coupon for Delve Deeper which is 75% off already. FML.

Anyone want to trade some coal for my 33% off space marine? I assume it stacks with the daily deal so it would be useful if anyone wants to buy space marine today.
edit: I was wrong, ignore this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom