• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Polynomial
Yep, easy. Just go to the game menu and select Arena 1 and collect snowflakes.

The defcon one was piss easy.
If you're lucky and Santa just happens to stay on the enemy's cities.

Divinity II is 8 dollars on Amazon. Can I activate on Steam?
You should generally assume no. Only the games on this list (or if it specifically says you have to activate it on Steam): https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

How dodgy is it for me to change my billing address from Australia to the USA to buy Sonic Generations from Amazon?

I know it won't really have any effect from the Steam side, but what about Amazon?
Not dodgy at all; they don't check anything for digital purchases.

Card Boy

Banned
How dodgy is it for me to change my billing address from Australia to the USA to buy Sonic Generations from Amazon?

I know it won't really have any effect from the Steam side, but what about Amazon?

I bought Dow2 retribution ages back with no issue. Just be aware some games like Mafia 2 need a VPN to activate so do some research before buying.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone own Polynomial? Looks like it's a cool game. I'm going to try the demo but was wondering if anyone had anything good to say about the entire game.

Shaneus

I posted about it at the top of the last page in AusGAF, you nonce.

Cfuentes

Neo Member
Make a new match. Choose an AI opponent (click the arrow next to its name and add it to your team's color, should be red by default I think). You can click on a name and click on the map to choose each player's territories. It works best if you choose Europe for yourself and China for your ally.

Once you are in the game place all your buildings in your territory (works best if you group them up) Press the advance time key (>>>) to reach defcon 1 quickly. Once you reach Defcon 1, right click your silos to turn them into nukes (top option) Each silo has 10 nukes. Select your silo and click on the ground to launch the nuke towards that area. Better wait till Santa is flying through Europe, as nukes have to travel less, and cover more ground with the explosion. Just anticipate Santa's trajectory and nuke the hell out of him.

Easy.

Thanks Sir! Works perfect!

coopolon

Saw this in another site :

Can anyone comment on the chances of this happening ?

*pray that my 16 pre-achived achivements are used*

There's no way to know, but I imagine that for all the games that have multiple achievements, only 1 will count for a gift. Some games have a lot of achievements like Revenge of the Titans.

Anyone own Polynomial? Looks like it's a cool game. I'm going to try the demo but was wondering if anyone had anything good to say about the entire game.
All I can say is that I've played it maybe five times and I don't know what you're supposed to do or what it's about. I think it might be more of a music visualiser than a game...

BiggNife

That Toki Tori achievement was annoying as hell. The stiff controls made getting some of those snowflakes a lot harder than they should've been.

And of course I got a lump of coal for it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Saw this in another site :

Can anyone comment on the chances of this happening ?

*pray that my 16 pre-achived achivements are used*

PAM today had 5 holiday achievements, they only used one. I suspect any game that's featured will only have one. How many unique games are listed?

atomsk

Party Pooper
so far I've only bought Dungeons of Dreadmor Complete and EYE: Divine Cybermancy

hoping Rock of Ages goes on a daily, and I'm pretty much set.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I got a copy of Runaway: A Road Adventure, which I redeemed. I also just received some Christmas cash. Now say, if by chance the Pendulo Adventure Pack is on the daily deal recap at the end, if I were to get that, would I get a giftable copy of the one I already have?

Volcynika

So I got a copy of Runaway: A Road Adventure, which I redeemed. I also just received some Christmas cash. Now say, if by chance the Pendulo Adventure Pack is on the daily deal recap at the end, if I were to get that, would I get a giftable copy of the one I already have?

Probably not.

Artofwar420

I must be the only one who enjoys my yearly forray into Toki Tori. Those achievements are indeed brutal, but to me they're the right kind of brutal.

Silent Hill Homecoming

You might be lucky it's not available to you lolol

He really is. The game would crash every time I tried changing the graphic settings when it was released, not sure if it has been fixed but if the port wasn't bad enough the game itself is also a terrible excuse of a game.

inky

I must be the only one who enjoys my yearly forray into Toki Tori. Those achievements are indeed brutal, but to me they're the right kind of brutal.

Nah, the achievement requires both speed and precision, but the controls are not designed with that in mind. I didn't find it extremely hard, just annoying.

BiggNife

I don't dislike Toki Tori, just the achievement itself. Some of those snowflakes require a level of precision that the controls clearly weren't made for.

edit: Wow inky took the words right out of my mouth

Petrie

Banned
is deus ex likely to be cheaper than $10 come summer sale time? The reality is I probably wont touch it till then anyways.

So I basically launch nukes all over the map? No way to know where the hell santa is?

Also, defcon crashes a lot for me :(
If you are the only player, Santa will appear in one of your cities, which you can fire around, and it's a big glowing white outline of a fat man on a sleigh.

Speevy

Banned
My haul so far:

-Blur
-The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
-Bastion
-Magicka
-Mount and Blade
-Awesome Indie Bundle
-Humble Indie Bundle 4, which comes with
-Humble Indie Bundle 3
-Psychonauts
-TESIV: Oblivion
-Dungeons of Dredmor

A little over 40 games

pfkas

Be wary getting DEFCON. It is crashing for me and a hell of a lot of other users on the Steam forums. There doesn't seem to be a common answer to getting it to work. I'm talking about the tutorial which shows you how to actually play the thing.

Chavelo

New page bump XD

Setting up a 3-pack for Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (what can I say... I'm a cheap dude.)

You know the drill. Quote this post AND send me a PM if you're down.

Once I reply to your PM, add me at
steamcommunity.com/id/Chavelo

PAM 3-Pack List

3. Chavelo (host)

Be wary getting DEFCON. It is crashing for me and a hell of a lot of other users on the Steam forums. There doesn't seem to be a common answer to getting it to work. I'm talking about the tutorial which shows you how to actually play the thing.

I've played for years and have never had an issue. Not once.

Not calling you or any of the people on the forums liars or anything, just saying that I never have had any issues. As far as I know the game hasn't been touched by the devs in years so adding a santa in could have fucked something up bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom