• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

Nothing for me today. Hope Steam doesn't disappoint me this time, didn't get a single thing during the Thanksgiving sales.

Mihos

Gold Member
I'm really tempted by Fable III for $12.49. Does anyone have anything good to say about it? I know that a lot of GAF hates it, but I really liked the Lost Chapters and the cheap price is attractive.

The uninstall process was pretty clean...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is Steam still wonky for everyone else? It's loading up really slow and can't add to cart on certain daily deals.

I'm going to give up on Steam for now. May visit it again in a couple of hours. Hardly any of it works just now.

Derrick01

Banned
Well at least the orcs must die achievement was pretty easy because I don't think I'll be able to get the bunch of heroes one. I wasted $2.50!!
lol

mrgone

Hey, none of the EA games in my list have any kind of discount at all. Not even a publisher discount, this time around. Awesome.

edit: There's an EA bundle, but nothing individual unless we get some good dailies. I'm only looking for Hot Pursuit, Bulletstorm, and Alice, myself.
edit 2: Looks like I'm completely full of shit, and it's just that the discounts aren't showing up on the wishlist right now. Sorry!

It's all fun and games until you try to uninstall it...

Oh, snap :p

kswiston

Nothing for me today. Hope Steam doesn't disappoint me this time, didn't get a single thing during the Thanksgiving sales.

What sales are you looking for exactly? If you exclusively want new AAA titles for $10-15, then all of these sales will be disappointing.

Symphonic

So do they plan on getting the inventory working at any point today? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the gifts if it's completely broken.

Sullichin

Might need to pick up Portal 2 for that price!

Anyone know how this runs on a Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro / NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB ? Portal 1 and TF2 run sufficiently well.

parasight

I wonder how the gift pile works. I'm assuming you don't get to choose your gift, it would just be random. Otherwise everyone would just pick Skyrim or something like that.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Might need to pick up Portal 2 for that price!

Anyone know how this runs on a Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro / NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB ? Portal 1 and TF2 run sufficiently well.

I'd like to know as well. I've got the same macbook pro.

mrgone

I wonder how the gift pile works. I'm assuming you don't get to choose your gift, it would just be random. Otherwise everyone would just pick Skyrim or something like that.

It's random, and it's probably just like uncrating in TF2. You have a good chance of getting something kind of alright, and a really terrible chance of getting something awesome. Hat lottery!

Sanic

The inventory page is at least working for me now, but it still isn't populating.

Making progress, at least.

Rokal

I saw 'not available in your region' a couple times on Fable and Amnesia. When I reloaded the page later they both displayed normally. It could just be a display error (or it could be legitimate, depending on your region).

Am I the only person that actually likes Fable III?
Pretty much. Fable 3 just seemed to me as a game that was created to make me love Fable 2.

I loved Fable and The Lost Chapters, but I could never really get into 2 when it came out. Now I wish 2 was on the PC instead of the piece of simplified crap that is 3.

No, I didn't mind it either. I don't remember much about it but I don't think I was as offended by it as everyone here seems to be.

It´s not Big Rigs bad if that´s what you mean. But it isn´t more than just playable. Not a single thing in the game except the art is well done, and on PC you get the added bonuses of GfWL and Securom.

The only thing that might exuse a purchase is if you have absolutely no other games to play. Somehow I doubt that that is the case for anyone in this thread. :p

Vamphuntr

Dino D Day and The Binding of Isaac Updated.

The Dino D Day one is available but with a twist. You need to play the new Snow Park map added and kill enough enemies to get 10 presents. The thing is the game is online only and no one is playing so it will be annoying to get.

LCfiner

I’ve never experienced Steam suffer such problems during a sale before. I think I’ll wait a couple more hours before I try to get on again. It’s still unresponsive.

I just bought the bunch of heroes 4 pack and it shows up in my lists but it says I didn't pay for it on the transaction page and it doesn't show on my paypal transaction page. Don't ban my account gabe.

Is it any good? I can't click the Steam info page. Is it tower defense? if so I'm in

So I think I'm supposed to have a gift in my inventory but it seems that Steam is getting pounded. I hope it shows up eventually.

guru-meditation.jpg

Yep, it's sale time!

The Dino D Day one is available but with a twist. You need to play the new Snow Park map added and kill enough enemies to get 10 presents. The thing is the game is online only and no one is playing so it will be annoying to get.

Dino D-Day is a clusterfrick anyway. Nobody knows what they are doing in that game.

Except the T-Rex and Styracosaurus.

And the Compys.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that it's the week before Christmas and they're probably understaffed because of vacations and whatnot?

Tymerend

I love reading the steam sales thread on GAF, every single time, the amount of 'Dammit, already own everything, nothing for me today' replies grow and grow.

That said... Dammit, I already have everything I want from today's daily deals.

Still hyped.

I'd love to see Saint's Row the Third hit 20 bucks.

Theonik

Maybe the steam sale/indie bundle will help with that.
OT: Finally managed to buy Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2. This was way harder than it should be. Hopefully it cools off tomorrow.

JADS

The Bunch of Heroes cheevo is rather challenging. Me and three randoms got pretty close (Level 18) but got curb stomped by the shield wielding aliens :/

Derrick01

Banned
Is Buncha heroes fun, at least? Or funnish?

I haven't really played a lot of it, all I've tried is the survival mode for the achievement but it seems to be a decent multiplayer twin stick shooter. Some of the guns were pretty cool, my only gripe is at least in survival mode (it might be different in campaign) there's no way to heal yourself at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom