• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

Ah, damnit. I knew that Dead Island deal must have been too good to be true.

And here I am so conditioned that the first thing I thought was "if it's this low now, imagine what it will be when it's a daily deal!"

Dambrosi

Banned
Wireless 360 pad works fine for me in OMD, Stump. Did not need to change any settings too.

Huh, weird. I was only going on what I was told by other sources, btw, I don't have a wireless dongle to use with my 360's pad to test it with.

Maybe Stump needs to reinstall his X360 pad drivers? I dunno.

BoobPhysics101: I need to use Joy2Key with BoI, so no. A bit stupid IMO. Mind you, Joy2Key is free, so just google for it and go.

I'm really tempted by Fable III for $12.49. Does anyone have anything good to say about it? I know that a lot of GAF hates it, but I really liked the Lost Chapters and the cheap price is attractive.

Yes, I can say one good thing about it, but I can also say 10 bad things about it.

Seriously, it´s a shitty game, much worse than Fable: TLC, and it comes loaded with both Games for Windows Live and Securom.

So can we get all these holiday achievements in the OP now or is it something that unlocks as the days go on?

I got some time today and I want to get started.

Vamphuntr

You can change all of that in a text file, watch this space and I'll find a link for ya :)

edit: http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2199997

edit to the edit: I didn't see these commands listed in the post, but they seem relevant here:

//KeyboardLayout="AZERTY"
//KeyboardLayout=”QWERTY”
//KeyboardLayout=”QWERTZ”

Also, if you want to force a specific framerate:
//forceFPS=X

Thank you for this. Thread is moving really fast so it's hard to follow it.

Really surprised they weren't ready for such influx of concurrent users AGAIN. Imagine FB site going down like this... little embarrassing.

FaceBook also has something like 30 or 40 thousand servers. I work in webhosting, and it's nearly impossible to know how much traffic your servers can take ahead of time. It's dependent on so many factors. Chances are they would just need a bigger infrastructure and more servers to properly handle the immediate load at the start of the sale. Once that quiets down it should be fine for most of the rest of the sale, like it always has (with some hiccups here and thee).

We're basically mounting a massive DDOS attack against Steam's servers. We've got something like 4 million users sitting on Steam hitting F5 every few minutes in hopes that it comes up, which only makes the situation much worse.

KarmaCow

So can we get all these holiday achievements in the OP now or is it something that unlocks as the days go on?

I got some time today and I want to get started.

You can get all the achievements today but the gift associated with it doesn't unlock until it appears as a daily achievement.

kswiston

Holy hell. Two hours and I still can't load the steam store properly. This has to be the worst jam up in steam sale history. typically they sort this crap out in the first 30 mins.

I love this guys.

qODdr.png

PaulLFC

Picking up:

Fable TLC
The Next Big Thing
Sam & Max
Singularity

very sad that I missed $9 Dead Island :(
For a couple more £/$ than the price of The Next Big Thing you can get the pack which includes that and the other Pendulo adventure games. There's 4 games in total I think. Price is £7.49 for TNBT or £9.99 for the pack in the UK.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
For a couple more £/$ than the price of The Next Big Thing you can get the pack which includes that and the other Pendulo adventure games. There's 4 games in total I think. Price is £7.49 for TNBT or £9.99 for the pack in the UK.

I'm debating that. The thread I pulled up about Runaway seemed like no one had anything good to say about it.

Tenck

Can we do the Bunch of Heroes achievement online? And if yes, can someone help me out? It's pretty ridiculous.

Speevy

Banned
Posting again:

Would you guys recommend the awesome indie bundle? I don't have 9 of those games. Or do you think I could get them cheaper later?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Motioninjoy seems neat, though!

It's great. I use it with a DS3 to emulate a 360 controller, works perfectly. And for the rare game that has no controller support at all I can switch profiles and bind the buttons to keystrokes instead.

Fou-Lu

Is the Fable Pack worth it for $20 or should I just go for TLC?

I loved the original Fable on Xbox but I haven't played 3.

While there are some things about III that flat out pissed me off and I enjoyed it nowhere near as much as Fable or Fable II, I still loved the game. However, I am an oddity in that regard, most people hated it. If what you loved about Fable was the charm, whimsy and the setting, then I definitely think it's worth it.

Hylian7

What exactly is a Mobius? It says I won one for doing the achievement of looking at my Steam inventory, yet I don't see any "Mobius" in there.

What would be a most get price for dead island and how does it stacks up to other zombie games like left 4 dead?

Also the 10 wishlist games give away is over?

Fou-Lu

Safe for day 1. I want Singularity but I know damn well I will never play it.

Yeah, same. It looks great, but I almost never play the shooters I buy.

Might grab Amnesia and Fable: The Lost Chapters, never did play the DLC for it. Most likely will grab some genesis games for a $1.50 as well.

kswiston

Posting again:

Would you guys recommend the awesome indie bundle? I don't have 9 of those games. Or do you think I could get them cheaper later?

Unless you buy them cheap in humble bundles, you probably won't find better deals during the dailies. If you are missing 9 of them, that is around $2.20 a piece. Most of the daily sales will be $2.50+ going on past history.

sh4mike

Wanted to add to the unanimous hatred towards Fable 3. Loved 1 and 2, but 3 was a slap in the face. Lionhead doesn't deserve any more cash for that trash.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Posting again:

In the Steam sale? No. But with stuff like the Indie Bundles, you might be able to get them all for cheaper. But no one knows how many more bundles there will be or which games will be in them.

JackEtc

Collecting two paychecks this Friday, one for my new job (four weeks worth of pay) and one from my old job (two weeks worth of pay).

For once, my wallet is ready for sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom