• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majeh

Okay, so I was holding out on buying Orcs Must Die!, bought it for the sale achievement. (It was in my wishlist already.)

Damn if that first level wasn't fun, could get really addicting after the sales are over and I have time to dedicate to it.

Sanic

Inventory is fully up and running consistently for me now.

Though I still haven't gotten my second gift.

TGMIII

Inventory is fully up and running consistently for me now.

I'm still having issues with it. In fact it's completely fucked, I've done 2 more achievements from today and it shows I've done them on the challenges page but doesn't give me anything for it.

Damn if that first level wasn't fun, could get really addicting after the sales are over and I have time to dedicate to it.

Be careful on the later levels. It tricks you into thinking that you've set up enough traps to handle the next wave, but then - BAM - two sets of Gnoll Hunters and Ogres.

alba

Little is the new Big
I checked my inventory and didn't get anything in it, it says the achievement is complete but still, absolutely nothing in it. Am I doing something wrong? lol

I spent around 5 minutes just waiting for the Just Cause page to load so I could see the price of Just Cause 2.

It'd also be nice to know what my gift was but unfortunately Steam Inventory doesn't want to work with me in general.

EDIT: Oh great, now I know it's a blank non tradeable STEAM gift.

Did I really get Day of Defeat: Source on STEAM or is it just bugging out on the send gift feature?

mrgone

What are people getting for their gifts via-objectives/cheevos? OP is lacking on this subject.

No one knows just yet, I don't think. I was able to see the coupon in my inventory, but no gifts, coal, or anything else. The system's kind of overloaded

edit: In general? You get gifts or coal, both can be traded. Coal equals one entry in the final draw for every game on Steam (I think there are secondary prizes like top 10 wishlist items, top 5 wishlist, etc.) 7 coal can be combined for gifts, gifts can be opened for coupons or games (in presumably rarer cases)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
*Search for 'Hard Reset'*

40 seconds later get "The connection was reset." page.

Oddly appropriate!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Day one purchases:
- Fable TLC $2.45; I own this on Xbox OG, but it's probably for the best that I rebuy it on a more reliable platform. (75% off, daily deal)
- Fortix 2 $2.50; I was going to buy Fortix 1 ($0.99 regular, not on sale) but since it's not on sale, I figured I'd spring for the supposedly much better sequel. (75% off)
- Flock! $2.00; The XBLA/PSN release had pretty mixed reception, but I think you could probably justify paying $2 for an iffy game even if you only play for a half an hour or an hour. (60% off; not worried about it being a daily deal since it simply doesn't have the profile to deserve it)
- American Conquest $1.24; Seemed like a sort of Age of Empires II era RTS set in the early colonization of America. Pretty nifty. (75% off)
- Westward IV $2.50; Some sort of western frontier town base-building RTS meets train simulator, maybe? Noticed it during the Fall sale, but didn't pick it up. (75% off)
- AAAAAAAAAAA for the awesome $2.50; Loved the original, looking forward to sinking my teeth into the new content. (75% off)

Mihos

Gold Member
I spent around 5 minutes just waiting for the Just Cause page to load so I could see the price of Just Cause 2.

It'd also be nice to know what my gift was but unfortunately Steam Inventory doesn't want to work with me in general.

I did the same thing... and after all that... I found out I already owned it!

What exactly is a Mobius? It says I won one for doing the achievement of looking at my Steam inventory, yet I don't see any "Mobius" in there.
There is the theory of the mobius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop

time becomes a loop

time becomes a loop

time becomes a loop

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hows the PC port of Fable 1? Only one I'm tempted by since for some reason I never got around to beating the first one when I had it on Xbox even though I got pretty far.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
There is the theory of the mobius, a twist in the fabric of space where time becomes a loop

time becomes a loop

time becomes a loop

time becomes a loop

220px-Orbital_brown_album.jpg

:bow

Majeh

Be careful on the later levels. It tricks you into thinking that you've set up enough traps to handle the next wave, but then - BAM - two sets of Gnoll Hunters and Ogres.

Will do, I spent almost 100 hours getting all golds in Defense Grid so I can see this being just as addictive.

Need to pick up that new Defense Grid dlc, just waiting to see if it goes on sale.

bengraven

No fucking way. My backlog is too full AND my wife almost divorced me (literally) when I spent $110 on the 2009 Steam sale.

kswiston

Is Skyrim going to go on sale? Only like three games I really want to buy right now Skyrim, Witcher 2, and Batman.

At best it will be a daily sale for 15-25% off. It will be a tease sale like Activision does with the newest COD every year. Don't buy it now at full price, but don't get your hopes up for 50% off or anything crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom