• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

If GAF wants to farm the Dino D-Day one I can help as I already got it. You need to pick up 15 presents dropped when you kill players on the Snowy Park map in a single game. Someone should create a private game for it so random people don't start trying to play for real.

There were like 5 empty servers with the map when I did it (after you left that one server with people on it =p)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, seriously Steam, stop being broken.

On this page everything looks great:

aufV9.png

But then I click the red arrow thing to get to my inventory, and this is what I see:

j22LJ.png

I hate you, Steam.

Are you guys seeing your inventories using Steam or store.steampowered.com?

I'm from Europe and the Steam tab of the inventory still doesn't appear :(

I got the Pendulo adventure catalog, Fable 3 (I figure I won’t play long enough to even get to the end part that everyone hates) and Singularity.

The part that everyone hates? It´s equally bad throughout the whole game.

I just won´t get why people keep buying this game despite having other games to play and all these warnings. No wonder people end up with crazy backlogs on Steam. :p

Ok, seriously Steam, stop being broken.

On this page everything looks great:

http://i.imgur.com/aufV9.png[IMG]

But then I click the red arrow thing to get to my inventory, and this is what I see:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/j22LJ.png[IMG]

I hate you, Steam.[/QUOTE]They banned you for having too many umlauts.

Fou-Lu

The part that everyone hates? It´s equally bad throughout the whole game.

I just won´t get why people keep buying this game despite having other games to play and all these warnings. No wonder people end up with crazy backlogs on Steam. :p

They have me around telling them the game isn't that bad and that I actually enjoyed it.

I am the dark side.

Should I take the plunge on Edge and Anomaly to earn the Holiday achievement or wait for a 75% off sale? Can you get the achievements after the day for those objectives have passed? I believe you could do this during the Summer sale.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Oh grand, a 50% off Valve titles coupon.

That's be so useful if I didn't already own every last game they make.

The point of the coupons is not for you, it's for you to gift. When your friend creates a Steam account for the first time in February, they will want the coupon. I'm serious. That's the entire purpose of the coupon system.

Savvy, regular Steam users already know how to game the sales. They don't need coupons. When was the last time you bought anything that wasn't on sale?

ElRenoRaven

If GAF wants to farm the Dino D-Day one I can help as I already got it. You need to pick up 15 presents dropped when you kill players on the Snowy Park map in a single game. Someone should create a private game for it so random people don't start trying to play for real.

I'm always up for that if anyone does that.

Sblargh

Banned
Ok, I'm not pleased at all at not knowing the name of the games.
I'm sorry Gabe for not recognizing everything just by looking at the pic.

Eusis

Savvy, regular Steam users already know how to game the sales. They don't need coupons. When was the last time you bought anything that wasn't on sale?
When it was something I wanted and just came out? Though the lack of new Valve games in that period only reinforces your point.

Oh dear. I hope the servers catch up. I bought Portal 2 to gift, but haven't received an email confirming my order (or Portal 2 in my inventory.)

Hopefully I'm not boned. At worst, it's only $7.50.

In the past the answer has been no.
I really don't like the way the bundles are done this time; too many games, too much overlap. I liked last years 4 game bundles plus the daily Indie game was neat.

Sadness. I think it's a missed opportunity to reach more future customers for indie studios.

Dambrosi

Banned
The point of the coupons is not for you, it's for you to gift. When your friend creates a Steam account for the first time in February, they will want the coupon. I'm serious. That's the entire purpose of the coupon system.

Well, yeah, but who's gonna want Sniper: Ghost Warrior for 25% off next year? That's what I got as well as the 50% off Valve coupon, and it's utterly useless as a trade. Like I said before, thanks but no thanks.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Correct, which are basically all going to be on a larger sale during this sale.

Yeah. So those coupons are mostly 100% useless.

That's why, if I win any coals, I probably won't trade them in for gifts. I'd rather take my microscopic chances of winning one of the 1151 prices in the draw than get a useless coupon.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Even my Origin coupons gave me 60% and let me use it on anything in the store. : (

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Can't check Steam right now, but if I receive one of those Valve coupons I think I'll finally get around to buying Half-Life 1. I've only played about half way through the PS2 version, and that was like a decade ago. I should probably give it a shot.

Vamphuntr

Can't check Steam right now, but if I receive one of those Valve coupons I think I'll finally get around to buying Half-Life 1. I've only played about half way through the PS2 version, and that was like a decade ago. I should probably give it a shot.

You cannot use them during the sale. Only after the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom