• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomodachi

I think coupons are all about making cheap christmas gifts to you friends. Too bad I'm forever alone not many of my friends use Steam on a regular basis :(

catabarez

Okay, I'm confused. After I click get started am I supposed to start out with a free gift and then when I check my inventory I get another one? If that's the case it isn't working for me D:

pfkas

Has anyone managed to do the Bunch of Heroes achievement? Seems hard to me, and that's playing it on easy. Any way to regenerate health?

chixdiggit

Well I can at least see two of three gifts now. A copy of Portal 2 and a 50% off Airline Tycoon 2 coupon. I am hoping my third gift is a DOTA 2 Beta invite.

Exile550

I want to use my 25% off coupon on portal 2 but I don't know how to proceed. Can I do it today even if its a daily deal?

EDIT: ok, nevermind.

PaulLFC

Two things.

Seems like I only got one thing, though I have two awards completed. Just a 33% coupon.

Second, anytime I go to buy Portal 2. It kicks me back to the Home page.
Not sure about the second one, but for the first problem, it'll just be Steam's servers acting strange, you'll get the coupon eventually. I was only seeing one of the two initial coupons you get for a while, eventually the second one appeared in my inventory.

Just earned one from an achievement, but I can't view what it is because the inventory won't load!

Didn't realise E.Y.E. had been discounted to £2.50, that's a good price. Wishlisted it and I'll see if it gets a daily, if not, I'll buy it at £2.50.

Time to play the demo of Cargo to see if it's worth a purchase.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Okay, I'm confused. After I click get started am I supposed to start out with a free gift and then when I check my inventory I get another one? If that's the case it isn't working for me D:

I'm glad I'm not the only one I guess. I clicked it, and...nothing, bah.

oipic

Finally into my inventory. No discount coupons, but instead:

- F.E.A.R complete pack (F.E.A.R 3 etc)
- The Wonderful End of the World

I hope everyone finds something special under their tree, or can trade for it - I foresee some frenzied trading in the days ahead.

PaulLFC

Finally into my inventory. No discount coupons, but instead:

- F.E.A.R complete pack (F.E.A.R 3 etc)
- The Wonderful End of the World

I hope everyone finds something special under their tree, or can trade for it - I foresee some frenzied trading in the days ahead.
Wow, the FEAR Complete Pack for free? That's nice, I thought it was only Valve games that were being given away. Hopefully I get a free game at some point during the sale then!

Derrick01

Banned
I have 2 of my 3 gifts available, the 50% off valve stuff which was already known and I have 50% off a strategy first game.

No clue what my third one is, the one I got from orcs must die.

Is this normal, right?
lTIjc.jpg

Gabe has suddenly turned into a Used Car Lot Commercial.

He's giving everything away for free, he must be crazy!

Seriously.
FEAR Complete?
Portal 2?
DOTA?
The entire library of games?

mrgone

Anyone else experiencing this: You can view your inventory now, but no gifts have been delivered despite having completed objectives?

edit: Wow, yes. In good company.

cicero

Hows the PC port of Fable 1? Only one I'm tempted by since for some reason I never got around to beating the first one when I had it on Xbox even though I got pretty far.
Is Fable The Lost Chapters worth it? I vaguely remember playing it but does it hold up?
Anyone? Is it worth $2.50? For another $.50 I could just head on over to GOG.com and buy something like Ultima 4+5+6. Is Fable The Lost Chapters going to be a forgettable or regrettable purchase?

Ok, I'm not pleased at all at not knowing the name of the games.
I'm sorry Gabe for not recognizing everything just by looking at the pic.
I totally agree with this.

PaulLFC

Just got a notification of new DLC for Renegade Ops - Coldstrike Campaign (£2.99) and Reinforcement Pack (£1.79).

According to the DLC pages though, I already own both of them, as do a lot of other people on my friends list. Was this free DLC for existing owners or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom