• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fou-Lu

Anyone? Is it worth $2.50? For another $.50 I could just head on over to GOG.com and buy something like Ultima 4+5+6. Is Fable The Lost Chapters going to be a forgettable or regrettable purchase?

Fable the Lost Chapters is one of my favorite games of all time. If you find its setting and charm intriguing then bite.

So I guess the "This game is currently unavailable." thing is from server explosion?

I just wanted an achievement, I have like two hours home tonight. Boo.

Volcynika

Just got a notification of new DLC for Renegade Ops - Coldstrike Campaign (£2.99) and Reinforcement Pack (£1.79).

According to the DLC pages though, I already own both of them, as do a lot of other people on my friends list. Was this free DLC for existing owners or something?

Maybe existing owners got it free due to the clusterfuck of the release on PC.

Ok so I think I got a gift but I'm not sure. The only things I have are TF2 items and 1 Portal 2 item. I think that maybe the Portal 2 item is the gift since I've never played multiplayer in that game. I haven't played TF2 in over a year so I don't know if any of the items are new.

PaulLFC

That would be a nice gesture if so. The release was pretty horrible, the constant delays wouldn't have been as bad if Sega had actually communicated with anyone instead of just delaying it minutes before release each time.

mrgone

I didn't get it, and I had it at launch :( Maybe they just gave it to Steam pre-orderers. I pre-bought the game in June, but it was through GreenManGaming. If that's the case, I'm going to be pissed.

I got -33% off Valve, own them all already. :(

Oh, and I noticed under Team Fortress 2 I have a Frying Pan, an Ellis' Cap and The Sandwich. PM me if you want them.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is anyone still have the problem, where they hit purchase for myself or gift and it resets back to the home page with an empty cart?

Should I just buy Portal 2 now? I have a gift which I can't open due to the inventory page playing up, what are the chances I'll get a free copy?

p.s Already own Portal 2 on Xbox, but I need the real version :)

Gifts just started working for me.

I got HL: Ep 2 and the Tropico Trilogy for my 2 gifts that I earned.

I am willing to offer both of these up for trade.

1-D_FTW

Just got a notification of new DLC for Renegade Ops - Coldstrike Campaign (£2.99) and Reinforcement Pack (£1.79).

According to the DLC pages though, I already own both of them, as do a lot of other people on my friends list. Was this free DLC for existing owners or something?

Nothing for me. Wonder if it was because I went in for the 4 pack and was the giftee. Pre-ordered months before release.

cicero

Anyone else experiencing this: You can view your inventory now, but no gifts have been delivered despite having completed objectives?

edit: Wow, yes. In good company.
I got one coupon and nothing else. Should I be expecting something else?

Nelo Ice

Banned

Yep I own it as well. Damn glad I decided to bite on a 4 pack during the Thanksgiving sale. Also this would explain why I got 2 updates for the game.

Turfster

That would be a nice gesture if so. The release was pretty horrible, the constant delays wouldn't have been as bad if Sega had actually communicated with anyone instead of just delaying it minutes before release each time.

I think it's just more of the server fuckup stuff, because I have a "play now" button, but I also have an "install steam" button... IN STEAM.

Edit: And I can't actually run the new campaign either.

Exuro

Ugh saw portal 2 as a daily deal and picked it up, then found out about the valve coupon thing... : /

edit: wait, the coupon starts on the 2nd of january?

Mexx

Neo Member
What's that gift thing all arguing about? Bought Portal 2 and JC2, should I get something? If it's right, where?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Oh, I got 2 things now. 33% off anything Valve, and Killing Floor for free, yey!

I love Valve again, heh.

I don't remember but is the portal 2 tab a default tab that will be there even if you don't own it? I don't remember it being there before.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
50%-off Valve.

I already have the complete collection, so if anyone wants it, let me know.

Edit: gifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom