• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gift for Half-Life 2 Episode 1. It comes with some of the little games like deathmatch and lostcoast as well.

Anyone interested to trade me something for it?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Still nothing here. My inventory is just an empty, broken mess.

And this is what my inventory history looks like now:

TGhQZ.png

same for me, but english.

Okay so I just sent skyrim as a gift to a friend yesterday, is that the same skyrim that is showing up in my inventory right now? I never checked this inventory thing before

inky

I just came to the realization that I bought Alpha Protocol during last year's Xmas sale, installed it the very same day, played it for a bit, but never touched it since.

*uninstalls*

TGMIII

I seriously hope they fix the inventory sometime soon, I remember this happening with the portal ARG and it took awhile for them to finally fix the issue.

I sent Day of Defeat Source to my friend as a gift earlier today and it said that he received it.

However, I still have DOD:S in my inventory, is this the same gift or have I been cursed with another copy?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Okay so I just sent skyrim as a gift to a friend yesterday, is that the same skyrim that is showing up in my inventory right now? I never checked this inventory thing before

For the record, if you DID get another copy of Skyrim, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :)

Turfster

If it's in the pending gifts tab and hasn't been claimed yet, then maybe. Otherwise, uh... maybe you got a copy of skyrim from the gift pile?

*looks at his still only 1 steam thing*

BooJoh

Probably. I sent someone Terraria today and it's showing in my inventory next to my 25% off coupon.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
How long did it take for gifts/coal to appear after completing an objective? I finished the EDGE one a couple hours ago but I still only have the 33% off VALVE coupon.

scy

Finally home from work and check what I get ... -25% Valve, -50% The Void. Oh well. Time to start buying games to get achievements~

I sent Day of Defeat Source to my friend as a gift earlier today and it said that he received it.

However, I still have DOD:S in my inventory, is this the same gift or have I been cursed with another copy?

Think it stays in your inventory until he actually redeems it.

Spwn

Just to clarify, this post is about Bunch of Heroes.

Word of warning: The achievement is a pain and didn't unlock when I did it.

Didn't unlock for me either and through further examination I came to the conclusion that they haven't updated the achievement in the game yet.

LCfiner

The part that everyone hates? It´s equally bad throughout the whole game.

I just won´t get why people keep buying this game despite having other games to play and all these warnings. No wonder people end up with crazy backlogs on Steam. :p

Most comments I heard about the game on podcasts was that it was OK (not great or anything) till a spot near the end when it kinda turns to shit.

For 12 bucks, yeah, I’ll mess with an average Fable adventure for 5 to 10 hours. I know what I’m getting into, mostly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright, Portal. Everyone loves Portal.

Valve: *Troll Face*

Edit: Hmmm, 25% off the New Lord of the Rings game, that may be a useable trading token after the sale, if it doesn't go on a better sale.

iavi

Were we supposed to receive two initial gifts? The wording on the page makes it seem that way, and I only have one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I got the Steam gifts:
  • Half-Life 2 - Which I already have of course. Anybody want to trade for it?
  • 50% off Valve - Have almost every Valve game already. Maybe spend it on Day of Defeat? Or maybe I should trade it with someone who wants to use it on something like Portal 2.
  • 50% off Demolition Inc. - Hey, I actually have this on my wishlist! Except it's currently 75% off - oops.

QUESTION!
Does the 50% apply to the "retail" price, or the current for sale price? (After Jan 2)

For example. Game has a "retail" price of $10. But after the Winter Sale it gets a sale rebate of 10% to $9. If I want to use the 50% coupon gift, how much would the game cost?
50% off $10 = $5?
50% off (10% off $10) = $4.50?
(50+10)% off $10 = $4?

Xerxes

Neo Member
Yeah, I can't think of anyone to gift this Valve complete pack to. If anyone wants a trade, PM me. I also have a 50% off any Valve game coupon. Hah.

Am I the only person who actually only has 1 gift? It turned out my "second" Day of Defeat: Source I thought I had was already redeemed when I tried to gift it, so it turned out it was just my first.

"Invalid gift or gift has already been redeemed."

SmithnCo

So, any ideas on the Cargo Quest for Gravity achievement?

edit: nevermind, got it. Just play to where you put a new sail on your boat.

I got the Steam gifts:
  • Half-Life 2 - Which I already have of course. Anybody want to trade for it?
  • 50% off Valve - Have almost every Valve game already. Maybe spend it on Day of Defeat? Or maybe I should trade it with someone who wants to use it on something like Portal 2.
  • 50% off Demolition Inc. - Hey, I actually have this on my wishlist! Except it's currently 75% off - oops.

QUESTION!
Does the 50% apply to the "retail" price, or the current for sale price? (After Jan 2)

For example. Game has a "retail" price of $10. But after the Winter Sale it gets a sale rebate of 10% to $9. If I want to use the 50% coupon gift, how much would the game cost?
50% off $10 = $5?
(50+10)% off $10 = $4?

I'd like to give Half-Life 2 to my friend but all I have to trade is the Half-life2: Episode 1 gift I got.

Tomodachi

I got, you guessed it, Portal.
Also HL2 and a -25% on warner bros titles Valid January 2nd, 2012 through March 1st, 2012.

So... final word on the coupons stacking with others deals?

Megasoum

Banned
Guys,I am weak... I didn't follow the first rule... I just bought the World in Conflict complete edition for 13$. I doubt that this game will go on a daily and even if it does it probably won't go much lower.

QUESTION!

50% off $10 = $5?
(50+10)% off $10 = $4?
Coupons are usually money off whatever the store price is currently. Thats why in real life you can sometimes get goods to very low or even negative prices (though most of that is fiction of doubling coupons). So I suspect $5 would be the answer unless it is a deal.

Random game time:
I-Fluid. Thoughts?

You know what they could do to make my life easier, and probably cut out serving a lot of unnecessary page views?

On the front page, let me know if I own something before I click on it to go to the store page. In list view, such as the $2 game link above, either indicate somehow which games I own in the list, or, even better, let me filter them by owned status. I have so many games on Steam that this is becoming a real pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom