• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

This pretty much sums me up trying to play SpaceCem.

funny-science-news-experiments-memes-dog-science-fuzzy-logic.jpg

I never was good at chemistry in school.
The game has nothing to do with chemistry though, outside of it being a theme.
But I get what you are saying, the demo originally turned me off for how stupid I felt playing it, but then it was in one of the indie bundles and now it sits in my account, taunting me... I shall conquer thee, SpaceChem. /shakefist

Divius

I'll give L4D2 to someone who has over 50 hours in L4D1, but doesn't own L4D2.

If no one qualifies I'll give it away later randomly or trade it or w/e

Decado

How is The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena on PC? I loved Butcher's Bay on Xbox (best FPS on the system, IMO).

BigAT

Is there anyone that is buying Spacechem that would be willing to buy Dungeons of Dredmor (same price, $2.49) instead and then trade with me?

I won a full copy of Spacechem with the achievement contest, but I have it already it since it's such an awesome game so I need to do something with my copy. Missed out on DoD when it was originally on sale.

ArjanN

Huh? that seems like very reasonable DRM. You have unlimited activations, you just only get three every thirty days.

Yeah, are you really going to install the game more than 3 times a month?

It's a great game and definately worth getting.

How fucking cool is that!? The Level Server in Meat boy doesn't even work! I can't access the Xmas levels.

AHAHAHA!

Really they're doing you a favor, that achievement is way too hard. Hell, one of the levels is just the kid's level in reverse.

Hopefully people aren't getting irritated by questions that have likely been asked over and over again but I gotta ask, is the bonus content from the augmented version of Deus Ex worth it?

Acidote

Huh? that seems like very reasonable DRM. You have unlimited activations, you just only get three every thirty days.

I don't want ANY kind of DRM in my games aside from steamworks itself. I don't want to rely on any other company's authentication servers to begin with. Hell, I don't even have Arkham Asylum when its DRM is less intrusive.

The iPad version might be a bit more expensive, but this game looks like it would rock a touch interface. I'll probably pick it up there when I have time.
Unless the iPad version has a heavily modified interface to make tweaking much, much easier it'll be vastly inferior on the iPad. The game relies heavily on keyboard shortcuts (to say nothing of a 2-button mouse) to allow faster dropping, moving, and editing of parts. I managed to get through the first planet using just the mouse but after that the puzzles get much more complicated and having to slowly poke at a screen would be maddening when you're trying to fix four different processes in three different reactors and futzing around with piping to fudge a solution.

Soi-Fong

lol Horrible deal on Civ V. Amazon had the GOTY for 10.50 a few days ago. I might spring for the Korea DLC though.

And as I feared, Anno 2070 isn't getting a sale.

The game has nothing to do with chemistry though, outside of it being a theme.
But I get what you are saying, the demo originally turned me off for how stupid I felt playing it, but then it was in one of the indie bundles and now it sits in my account, taunting me... I shall conquer thee, SpaceChem. /shakefist

I'm starting to get an idea of how to play it. The music is so beautiful.

Lol. Talk about Team Meat missunderstanding the concept of these achievements. :) There isn´t anything wrong about hard achievements in general, but in those sales they´re supposed to be an incitament to get started with the game, not to hate them.

RiverBed

Banned
What was the game where you create solar systems and galaxy starting with a single planet and fields of gravity create formation around you? It isn't SpaceChem and it isn't Universe Sandbox either.

Can anyone help?

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Puzzle Agent 1? Puzzle Agent 2? Which one is better?

First one was short and the puzzles got repetitive because it was a pilot to see if it was worth making a real game.

Supposedly they brought in a 'puzzle expert' to make better puzzles for the second, but I haven't noticed much of a difference so far.

I really like the characters though, so I recommend both.

dani_dc

Just won two copies of Civ IV on a single achievement. oO

Civ IV is one of the few games that when you buy it you get a separate Windows and Mac games in your list. It probably has something to do with that, either it's the two different versions or it's a glitch that gives you the game twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom