• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
The only gift I saw was a 50% off Valve games but I don't even see that anymore in my inventory. I don't really mind since I already have all the Valve games and I will never need a coupon for any of their games in the future but still, that sucks. All I have in my inventory right now is TF2 stuff.

Oh well

kai3345

Banned
Don't listen to this man. Fable and Fable II are great, and Fable III isn't a bad game IMO. I enjoyed them all immensely.

They're some of the most shallow RPGs ever made. They're hardly even RPGs, more like shitty action games with a simple upgrade system.

Speevy

Banned
Bit Trip Runner is an excellent simple game.

It's a test of reflexes and memory that follows a run-and-jump platformer, set to catchy beats.

Forkball

I got a free copy of Episode 1 and sent it to a friend, but it's still there. Maybe he hasn't redeemed it yet? INFINITE GIFTS?

Also bought Fable TLC. Blood has been drawn.

Hylian7

<Desperate HL3>
aRPil.png

-Not valid on games released after January 2nd, 2012.
-Only valid January 2nd, 2012 through March, 2012
-CES is January 11, the date the Wheatley video potentially hinted at.

BELIEVE
</Desperate HL3>

Mikeside

so when I click to see my gifts, I'm seeing a copy of PAYDAY The Heist, a Valve coupon and a coupon for Rail Sim2012

I bought a PAYDAY 4 pack a while ago and haven't gifted all the copies yet, is that what the copy of PAYDAY is, or is that a new gift from this sale?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Just a heads up for anybody waiting for Shatter to drop further than 75% off, I tried to get a 90% discount day but they were all "booked up" :( so 75% is as good as it gets.

Speevy

Banned
Fable 2 is probably the pinnacle of the series, if you can say the series had a pinnacle.

In it, you marry people who are impressed by your farting, and collect money while you aren't playing.

Lkr

Don't listen to this man. Fable and Fable II are great, and Fable III isn't a bad game IMO. I enjoyed them all immensely.

oh cool, we have differing opinions! i surely won't miss $2.50 THAT badly if fable is a bust, will i? i wish steam had fable II though :\

Nabs

so when I click to see my gifts, I'm seeing a copy of PAYDAY The Heist, a Valve coupon and a coupon for Rail Sim2012

I bought a PAYDAY 4 pack a while ago and haven't gifted all the copies yet, is that what the copy of PAYDAY is, or is that a new gift from this sale?

Most likely the one you purchased.

All of you need to buy Orcs Must Die, and not just for the fucking Achievement, you asses. It's an incredibly fun game.

*is contemplating getting Bunch of Heroes for the Achievement

Mikeside

Most likely the one you purchased.

well that's even more worrying, because I'm pretty sure I should have 2 copies of that...

can anyone confirm that they're seeing previously bought giftable copies of games on the same page as winter sale coupons etc?

Bit Trip Runner is an excellent simple game.

It's a test of reflexes and memory that follows a run-and-jump platformer, set to catchy beats.

On a side note, from the Humble Bundle I'm disappointed in Bit Trip Runner and Super Meat Boy- BTR for seemingly not supporting gamepads, and Super Meat Boy for not having a customizable control scheme.

SmithnCo

All of you need to buy Orcs Must Die, and not just for the fucking Achievement, you asses. It's an incredibly fun game.

*is contemplating getting Bunch of Heroes for the Achievement

Read the steam forum for the game, me and a bunch of others can't get the achievement for BoH.

TGMIII

well that's even more worrying, because I'm pretty sure I should have 2 copies of that...

can anyone confirm that they're seeing previously bought giftable copies of games on the same page as winter sale coupons etc?

It's completely fucked right now, it won't even show what TF2 items I have. It won't be fixed for another day I bet.

kai3345

Banned
On a side note, from the Humble Bundle I'm disappointed in Bit Trip Runner and Super Meat Boy- BTR for seemingly not supporting gamepads, and Super Meat Boy for not having a customizable control scheme.

SMB is excellent. Havent tried Runner yet. Jamestown win the Bundle though - so goddamn addictive.

Tomodachi

Ok, I'm too weak. Even though I have EDGE for iPhone and PSP I'll get the steam version too since I NEED THOSE CHEEVS, YOU HEAR ME GABEN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom