• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
So just to get this straightened out, we're supposed to get 2 gifts for checking the inventory right?

1 for the first time entering the gift pile section and then 1 for checking the inventory and completing that first challenge. That's what I was led to believe at least.

Lkr

about to get Fable i think..never played the series, not a big RPG guy, but my brother said its pretty fun...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Guys,I am weak... I didn't follow the first rule... I just bought the World in Conflict complete edition for 13$. I doubt that this game will go on a daily and even if it does it probably won't go much lower.

You know it will now.

So just to get this straightened out, we're supposed to get 2 gifts for checking the inventory right?

1 for the first time entering the gift pile section and then 1 for checking the inventory and completing that first challenge. That's what I was led to believe at least.

I don't believe I received either one of them. The one for the Orcs Must Die achievement I did came right to me though. Strange.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Finally figured out how to get my free gift, it was a -33% coupon. Feels like a slap in the face, thanks Valve. Viewing my inventory reminded me that I have a few extra games in there, hmmm...

Tambini

Were we? I got my 33% voucher and in my gift page it says you have completed 1 objective so far

If so, I want my other gift gabe!

kai3345

Banned
Finally figured out how to get my free gift, it was a -33% coupon. Feels like a slap in the face, thanks Valve. Viewing my inventory reminded me that I have a few extra games in there, hmmm...

you wouldnt happen to not own half Life 2 or Lost Coast would you?

Derrick01

Banned
Were we? I got my 33% voucher and in my gift page it says you have completed 1 objective so far

If so, I want my other gift gabe!

I don't know maybe it was poor wording and it really meant the free gift you get is the first challenge. It only says 2 objectives for me.

Shanadeus

Banned
Ugh, I can't unpack my gift... I think.
I got my Half-life 2: Episode 1 and assorted, but the gift is still in my inventory (and won't unpack).

Anyone else have this problem?

Like the other person I've got 2 gifts have Steam and Orcs Must die achievements.

I'm assuming its 1 or its glitched me out of a second Steam one.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I haven't been able to view my steam inventory since the steam sale started. Awesome.

Hylian7

Are you supposed to get one free coupon and one for achievement for looking the Steam inventory? My friend somehow got 2, and one is for "50% off May Payne" (yes, it has that misspelling)

Anony

so the steam achievements? the list on the front is all of them?
if i do them now, would i get them when they're available?

i got half life and trine, both of which i have, willing to gift..not gonna be by my comp though so just send me a PM if your interested and ill respond when i get back home

Edit- Trine is taken

decaf

(NOTE DO NOT USE A VPN, steam are very harsh about using proxies to get games
from other countries)
Whoa, really? I use my UK VPN all the time (I live in Japan) as all my bank accounts and cards are British, so it doesn't let me buy anything from the Japanese store. Surely that's not a big issue?

I know this is pretty unrealistic, but would anyone be interested in trading The Last Remnant for one of my coupons (one for 33% off any Valve game and a pretty bad one for 50% off Max Payne 2)? Maybe if someone got TLR back when it was $10 or something.

yanhero

Does anyone have any suggestion for some good simple games? I gave my mom Plants vs Zombies and she loved it and finished it 100%, now she wants something else to play and I have no idea what else is good.

masterkajo

Wow... amidst all this crazy thing going on I actually played a game: Sanctum for the Christmas Achievement. Wow what an awesome game. It has been sitting in my library since one of the royal bundles.

Heard Orcs Must Die is similar. I guess, I will get that one as well too!

Does anyone have any suggestion for some good simple games? I gave my mom Plants vs Zombies and she loved it and finished it 100%, now she wants something else to play and I have no idea what else is good.

Faerie Solitaire is a great simple game. I grabbed it cheap during a sale and have played it a bunch since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom