• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefil

Welp, looks like I'm finishing up with 30 coal.

My games disappeared from my inventory, but I'll remain calm and assume they'll be back.

AEREC

Has anyone else's Coal dissapeared? I already had the CSS acheivment so it said I had something in my inventory and when I went to look all my coal was gone.

amdnv

Can somebody trade me 1 coal?

I have:
Half-Life 2
-33% Valve
-50% Call of Pripyat
-50% Alien Breed 3

I don't care about any of these, but I need one more coal to craft a gift.

I've now passed on Bastion for $5 twice, and have regretted it both times. Hope it comes back for "best of" day
so that I can probably pass on it and regret it again.
If it doesn't, I have an (accidental) extra copy in my inventory that I need to get rid of.

Minsc

Gold Member
Clash of Heroes is great, definitely buy it if you enjoy puzzle games. A lot more depth than I expected. It's even better if you've played HoM&M just because you'll recognize all the units and it's fun to see how their abilities translate to the puzzle game.

I'd buy Heroes VI, but they still don't have town screens... so I'll just wait for a bundled expansion mega release down the road.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Nothing interesting for me. Heroes VI is still too expensive.
Are there gonna be new deals tomorrow, or is this the last day?

How is Heroes VI too expensive? The campaign is at least 150 hours long, then you have skirmishes ans multiplayer on top of that.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
*crafts 50% Hitman Collection yesterday*

*Hitman is 75% today*

Is Valve... trolling me?

I didn't want it either way :<

kai3345

Banned
The only thing that interests me is LA Noire, but idk if my machine can handle it.

Anyone had experience running LA Noire on an i5 M11xR2?

Derrick01

Banned
*crafts 50% Hitman Collection yesterday*

*Hitman is 75% today*

Is Valve... trolling me?

I didn't want it either way :<

Same here but with Grid. Got a 50% coupon and it's 75% today. I know I've said this a few times already but they really screwed up with these coupons. They're worthless.

moop1167

LA Noire at 75% off renders my 50% off coupon useless... so dumb.

Also, I have steam guard on but no achievement? I had it enabled before the sales started today. Nevermind, it updated.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Clash of Heroes is great, definitely buy it if you enjoy puzzle games. A lot more depth than I expected. It's even better if you've played HoM&M just because you'll recognize all the units and it's fun to see how their abilities translate to the puzzle game.

I'd buy Heroes VI, but they still don't have town screens... so I'll just wait for a bundled expansion mega release down the road.

Yeah, I have Clash of Heroes on my wishlist. Guess I'll pick it up.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So I guess the chances of getting coal is higher than anything else. Finally going through and doing some of these achievements, got the Valve coupon then a Fallout coupon for checking that back on day one. Since then, I've gotten nothing but coal (up to 10 so far). Better than more unwanted coupons at least.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Great. 10% off CityInteractive (who?), 10% off Valve and one piece of coal. And bought like 2 or 3 games, I think.

Personally, for me this sale was a huge letdown :/

ElRenoRaven

Can somebody trade me 1 coal?

I have:
Half-Life 2
-33% Valve
-50% Call of Pripyat
-50% Alien Breed 3

I don't care about any of these, but I need one more coal to craft a gift.

I'll give you a coal. I don't need the two I have. Just PM me if you want them.

Also, I have steam guard on but no achievement? I had it enabled before the sales started today.
I have the same. I expect they'll fix the bug.

How is LA Noire on the PC (performance wise)? I have the 360 version is runs like ass.
It is a Rockstar port by their mobile phone games division. I remember a thread a while back complained of it being locked to 30 FPS (due to motion capture so understandable) but it is not a stable 30 FPS so would happily crash to sub 15 in car chases and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom