• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make this even more confusing.

I'm installing my free copy of Portal 2 yet it still allows me to gift away a copy of Portal 2?

Its not my second gift as I've got some voucher for Global Ops, so uhm, what's going on?

Have I cheated Gabe out of two copies of Portal 2?

I'm installing my free copy of Portal 2 yet it still allows me to gift away a copy of Portal 2?

Its not my second gift as I've got some voucher for Global Ops, so uhm, what's going on?

nice

now you can gift that copy to me

Erebus

Didn't realize you were supposed to get two gifts. Only got the 33 percent Valve coupon.

None the less, line forms behind me. Gonna be tuff to be this:

ROXvy.jpg

You're a terrible person.

How did you manage that?

Chavelo

So, wait. After getting the initial gift that is sent to your inventory, do you get another gift for just checking it? Or am I getting something wrong? o_O

KScorp

I'm getting the same thing for DOTA 2. I have it in my list, and a copy in my inventory. It's not letting me gift the copy in my inventory though.

strem

ugh just unlocked another gift and now inventory isn't working. As for the Orcs must die cheeve just beat the first level to unlock arrow wall then replay the first level and beat it again using arrow wall and a weapon..probably took me 5 minutes

masterkajo

Wasn't here a huge list of "Gift:[name]" or something a few days back found in the registry? If I recall there was a Witcher 2 gift also. Would that mean that you could get The Witcher 2 simply by earning an achievement? Or are these free games only valve games? (So far, I havn't seen otherwise, right?)

I'm getting the same thing for DOTA 2. I have it in my list, and a copy in my inventory. It's not letting me gift the copy in my inventory though.

I can go so far as to choose a name from my Steam friend's list so I definitely seem to have scored 2 copies somehow??

Now, to decide who gets it.

-50% off isn't good till after the sale is over.

These coupons are so stupid. Not applicable during the sale and only good for a limited time afterwards (for Valve games at least).

Perhaps the expiration date is hinting that Half-life 3 will release the day after it expires.

March 2nd RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not sure if this is at all related, but in addition to my inventory being broken I also can't view any achievement lists. The page just comes up blank.

Wasn't here a huge list of "Gift:[name]" or something a few days back found in the registry? If I recall there was a Witcher 2 gift also. Would that mean that you could get The Witcher 2 simply by earning an achievement? Or are these free games only valve games? (So far, I havn't seen otherwise, right?)

If TW2 is on there, I'm screwed. I only have the GOG version.

Cipherr

Okay so King's Bounty: Armored Princess was recommended to me, Im planning to buy, and its 50% off right now, should I go ahead and buy it? Is it likely that it will end up in one of the daily sales? Normally only those rather well known larger games end up as a daily. I think it might be safe to buy now. Anyone got an opinion?

Edit: Someone got gifted a freaking copy of Witcher 2? That makes my blood boil, been holding off on buying it, procrastinating.

KScorp

I can go so far as to choose a name from my Steam friend's list so I definitely seem to have scored 2 copies somehow??

Now, to decide who gets it.

Same for me, heh. I have someone I'd give it to, but when I click "send" it give me an error and says to try again later. So I have no idea if it's legitimate or some ghost copy I don't actually have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom