• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

That's my outcome and I'll leave it that way, except if there is something easy tomorrow.
Anyway, happy new Steam year everyone :)

MOhKF.jpg

do we know today was the last day for achievements?
From the Steam store page:
Here are your final objectives!
Plus there are no days left on the page.

I think the reason for more achievements is some developers submitted multiple ones and valve chose which one to go for leaving one as valid for the contest (or they were trolling us or both in the case of Super Meat Boy). Though for some reason Two Tribes got two: EDGE and Toki Tori. Maybe the former counts as separate due to being a port.

Is Magicka any good? If so is the complete pack worth it or just the base game?
I like it. As far as the DLC goes, you (or I at least) would want the vietnam one and the stars are left, definitely...that will put you close to the full package price anyway.

I hit my paypal $500 (every 30 days) withdrawal limit in 4 days helping people in other territories buy games. Wish there was someway to raise it without linking it to my bank account.

derFeef

Get it all. The DLC is some of the most quality DLC ever made.

The Stars Are Left is fantastic. Vietnam is only short time fun but pretty diverse. The challenge maps and PVP arenas are okay. Tat said, everyone should own Magicka as it is pretty much one of the most fun I had this year. So sad that most of my friends are not playing it and coop is so much more fun than alone.

now im scared to craft my coal =/
I think that confirms the coal has gone bad (as some of us think from recent valve coupon crafting). I'm pleased I did my crafting a few days ago...even I only got a game I don't need and will probably never play or install and 25% off Deeep Silver. Well I suppose there is 1 more objective I can actually do to finish me off with 7 coal...

Damage so far:

Dungeon Siege 3 (Amazon) $4.99
Orcs Must Die! $3.74
Metro 2033 $4.99
Max Payne Bundle $3.74
Psychonauts, Dungeons of Dredmor $4.36
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC $8.74
Avadon $2.49
Bullet Storm $4.99
Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld $11.22
Dues Ex Missing Link DLC (Amazon) $5.39
The Binding of Isaac $1.24
Fallout NV and 4 DLCs $14.95
Bioshock 1 and 2 $9.99

Total: $80.83

Wanted to keep it under $100. Fuck buying games Day One. I just picked up enough quality games to last me for the next 6 - 12 months for a few bucks over a single brand new release.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Nation Red
Splintercell: Chaos Theory
Eets
HOARD
Swords and Soldiers HD
Global Ops: Commando Libya
Duke Nukem Forever
Critical Mass
Dark Void Zero
Commandos 2 - Men of Courage
Max Payne 1/2
Blocks That Matter

Omikron

Costume Quest
Psychonauts
The Polynomial
Fate of the World
Alice Madness Returns
Demolition Inc.
Rock of Ages
Bastion
Revenge of the Titans
The Binding of Isaac
Edge
Universe Sandbox
Puzzle Agent 2
Deus Ex Missing Link DLC
Trine

Kyaw

Guys guys guys guys

Rochard is really awesome. Awesome space themed gravity based puzzler.

The visuals are also very stylised and clean. Almost Valve style!

Really loving it so far.

Oreoleo

Edge
AAAAaaaaaAAAAaaa for the Awesome
Psychonauts
Arkham City Challenge Map DLC
Defense Grid You Monster DLC
Renegade Ops + DLC (Amazon)
Deus Ex DLC + Missing Link (Gamer's Gate)
Hard Reset
Jamestown OST + DLC
Rock of Ages
Bastion
Hard Reset (Gift to someone else)
Bastion (Gift to someone else)
Day of Defeat Source (Gift to someone else)
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (Traded for/Crafted)
Elder Scrolls 4: Skyrim (Gift to me)
1,2,3 Kick It! (Crafted)
Wonderful End of the World (Crafted)
Dungeon Defenders (Gift to me)
Bulletstorm (Gift to me)

All told, less than $50 spent. I am pleased.

Aselith

How is Daggerdale on PC? My friends were pretty pissed about it being super buggy on consoles. Is it bad on the PC and is it a fun game?

I picked up Dungeons of Dredmor today but it won't work for me. I've tried three times to start a dungeon and after three steps my computer crashes. Is this a known problem or is my computer just crap?

Mupod

That pretty much confirms all the non-Valve stuff has run out sadly. That's what I get for keeping my coal until the end.

God dammit, I came here to complain that my 28 coal turned into valve coupons and DoD: Source. Should have looked first.

goober

That's really disappointing if Valve ran out of games to give out.

That's like the lotto awarding you coupons towards your next ticket.

How is Daggerdale on PC? My friends were pretty pissed about it being super buggy on consoles. Is it bad on the PC and is it a fun game?
I did not like that game at all. It did crash on me a few times but that's not why I didn't like it. It wasn't fun (for me), everything was janky and weird, like a really low budget game....but without the care of an indie title.

Wooooo!! I won Portal 2!! I haven't even been paying attention to the gift pile stuff. Turns out I've accidently completed 3 objectives and now also own 2 pieces of coal and a 25% off Valve voucher. Woooooo!!!

Oh yeah, and:

Any UKers want to do a Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition bundle? If we chip in for a 4 pack, we can get the game at £9.37 each vs £12.49 for a single copy. Any UKers interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom