• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

Can I get an explanation about this SMB trainer thing? Where did you guys get it? Etc

Just Google it, should come up quickly. It's a program that runs in the backgound and gives you cheats. EG, sawblades and other stuff won't hurt you.

But if you are just going for the achievement, didn't the SMB guys say that the wrong one got put up? Did that ever get fixed? lol

MooMoo

Just Google it, should come up quickly. It's a program that runs in the backgound and gives you cheats. EG, sawblades and other stuff won't hurt you.

But if you are just going for the achievement, didn't the SMB guys say that the wrong one got put up? Did that ever get fixed? lol
I think they updated saying Steam liked the harder achievement and therefore aren't fixing it to the easier one that was supposed to go up.

Bebpo

Banned
Final Haul:

Defy Gravity
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Lume
Kaptain Brawe
Lost Planet 2
Roogoo
Rochard
Section 8: Prejudice
Universe Sandbox
Flight Control HD
Rome: Total War Alexander
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Sengoku Jidai DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Ikko Ikki Clan DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Rise of the Samurai DLC
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Xotic
Dead Space 2
Puzzle Agent 2
Serious Sam 3 Standard
Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ)
Assassin's Creed Direction's Cut
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Cities In Motion: Tokyo DLC
Cities in Motion
Solar 2
Aaaaaaa! Awesome
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Call of Cthulhu
X3 Terran War - X3TC and X3AP Bundle
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
Hard Reset (RoW)
Dungeon Defenders With DLC 1
RAGE
From Dust
Railworks 3: TS2012
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Nail'd
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Saints Row the Third - Season Pass Retail
Saints Row the Third - Funtime Pack Retail
Saints Row The Third Retail
Guardians of Graxia
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
Sonic Generations Retail
Defense Grid: The Awakening DLC: You Monster!
AI War: Fleet Command
Edge
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Cargo! (VivaMedia)
And...Edna & Harvey - The Breakout from Gamersgate.

Some of those were gifted, some won, some bought elsewhere and activated on steam (SR3, SS3, DD, Sonic). If it wasn't for the AC collection, DR2 OTR, and SR3, probably would've been around $100. Guessing it's closer to double that (>_<) I just rationalize it as "hey, I got all that good stuff for the price of 2 import PS3 games!"

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Picked up LA Noire for $13. I'm sure the PC port is a piece of crap, but for $13, I'm sure it'll be just fine.

Anyone have problem with xbox controller in magicka ? Because mine dont work at all

Man, using a 360 controller in magicka sounds really difficult. Fast inputting spells on the keyboard is worth getting used to.

Guys.
After bitching about it, I finally got my SMB acheev.

But now I have one coal.

So frustrating. I love the coal but I hate the coal.

When do levels in Bit Trip Beat end?

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone want to gift me AC:R or D:SF? thx

220px-Shawn_Michaels_at_WrestleMania_XXIV.jpg

Turfster

Guys.
After bitching about it, I finally got my SMB acheev.

But now I have one coal.

So frustrating. I love the coal but I hate the coal.

When do levels in Bit Trip Beat end?

When the song is over! (I think it's like 10-15 minutes or so per level. Don't quote me on that tho.)

I got hooked BAD on Isaac and didn't really work on my last two (Dungeon Defenders and Revenge of the Titans). Oh well, less coal, ultimately.

Although I want to try to do the ROTT one since the level is limited time only.

Crafted 7 coal and got a 25% Off ANY Valve game coupon.

Not really into Valve games. : /

Anyone looking to trade for it, shoot me a friend request.

I'm SNAHFU on Steam.

Just Cause 2
Fable The Lost Chapter
Tropico 4 + all DLC
Dungeons of Dredmor
Batman: Arkham City + all DLC
Defence Grid: The Awakening: You Monster DLC
Cave Story + (gift)
Saints Row The Third + Season Pass
Dirt 3
Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (gift)
Jamestown Gunpowder DLC
Edge
Batman: Arkham Asylum
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage (gift)

Kinda debated Might & Magic IV but I don't think I'll play it any time soon so it can wait.

Meier

This has been a really dreadful sale... probably as bad or worse than the Thanksgiving one incredibly. Steam has absolutely taken a step back from Amazon in terms of good deals.

derFeef

This has been a really dreadful sale... probably as bad or worse than the Thanksgiving one incredibly. Steam has absolutely taken a step back from Amazon in terms of good deals.

Not really. Great deals if you did not buy everything day1 in 2011 and missed some games the past years.

How is the optimization on LA Noire? I have a 5770, and despite the fact that my card should pretty much kill GTA IV, it was actually quite choppy from such an unstable framerate.. Will this be the case with LA Noire?

Kuroyume

Banned

Thanks, I was able to do it. Got 1 coal. Would have been impossible to do it with a keyboard without this.

derFeef

I am having much fun with SPAZ, but does it change up a bit later or does it go along that way like in the first few hours?

Turfster

Holy crap Sideway is a shitty port.
Why give me the option to change video size, if this will make the game shudder and play at 1fps? And when I try to exit your game then, don't fucking crash and take the entire audio system with you.
It also always crashes on exit apparently.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sweet two 50% off Valve Games coupons.

sikkinixx

Caved and bought LA Noire even though I own in on PS3. Oh well, can always trade it. Wanted all the DLC. I noticed I have a copy of Forzen Synapse in my inventory, I don't know why. I already own it.

ShaneB

Dang it. Kinda wish I had bought the New Vegas DLC after realizing I've been pretty good with limiting my spending this sale. Ah well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Caved and bought LA Noire even though I own in on PS3. Oh well, can always trade it. Wanted all the DLC. I noticed I have a copy of Forzen Synapse in my inventory, I don't know why. I already own it.
If you bought Frozen Synapse on Steam, it comes with two copies of the game.

tenz0r

Anyone who owns Grid, do you know if it works with the Logitech wheels? (The Driving Force GT to be exact). I searched on Google, and a lot of people were complaining about the wheels not working properly or at all with the game. However, most of the posts were from a few years ago, so I was wondering if it was fixed either through patches or a particular method since.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
yeah I think it's pretty confirmed by now that they only have valve coupons left

Derrick01

Banned
yeah I think it's pretty confirmed by now that they only have valve coupons left

They should just give people a congrats message or something instead. It's about as useful as getting valve coupons.

Is there any confirmation that they can at least stack? I guess we won't find out until a few days from now.

Bebpo

Banned
I crafted and got half-life 1

If there is even a single person out there who does not own HL and wants it, you may have it for free. First person to quote this post and say they want it gets it.

Turfster

If anyone wants to take the gamble, pass me your coal. If I get a non-coupon, I'll bounce it back. With my track record, I'll probably start getting actual games when I'm not crafting for myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom