• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
No, they don't have to be on the same pad. Are other planes landing when you are landing the helicopters? I got 3-in-a-row first too, so I dunno there because I had a crash and had to retry anyway. Just make sure when they all show up have all the other planes circle while the helis land.

Also, stupid question but you are on the right map right? :\

fake edit: I didn't catch your edit and can't be arsed to copy it, but try just deleting the vcredist_x86.exe file in common\flight_control_hd\VC_Redist\, I had a similar problem with Bit.Trip.Runner for a while.
I just tried landing 5 helicopters again, all in a row on the left pad this time, with no other planes landing and all other planes circling. Still no achievement. =( And yes it's the windy one with the orange thing in the middle and the changing runways. Or maybe I'm just not seeing a landing plane.

Thanks for the vcredist tip. Unfortunately it still tries to install every time, just popping up an install window that apparently doesn't do anything.

kamspy

Still haven't decided whether I want the BioShock games or not. Not sure how they'll run in Windows on my 2011 MacBook Air.

What are the specs on the Air? I know the games both run really lean on PC. I was maxing them out with a 275 GTX.

alf717

Ouch kind of feels like Steam dropped the ball at the end. It was still enjoyable but Amazon was where it was at this year.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I should have looked at that before crafting coal earlier today...

Ditto. Just came home now and someone gifted me a couple of coal. Had 8 and thought what the hell. Sheesh, 33% off Valve. I've got all the Valve titles I want already. Very sad now I've seen this.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes on my PC @ 1920x1080 looks soooo fantastic, and the gameplay is soooo awesome!

sogood.gif

Don't disappoint me GAF. Everyone should be buying this one at 50% off. Hell the SP game alone is roughly 20 hours + 10 hours of side quests. That not counting MP battles. GET THIS!!

Sarcasm

Reading this made me interested again in this game, could anyone who has finished it share some impressions?
If I like The Elder Scrolls games, will I like Dark Messiah?

Its more like...Riddick but the combat is sooo goood! I mean hell I was fighting and we fell through the floor LOL. Also kicking people into fire, spikes, and off roofs is awesome.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes on my PC @ 1920x1080 looks soooo fantastic, and the gameplay is soooo awesome!

227839420.gif

Don't disappoint me GAF. Everyone should be buying this one at 50% off. Hell the SP game alone is roughly 20 hours + 10 hours of side quests. That not counting MP battles. GET THIS!!

Did you get VI?

mrgone

227839420.gif

Any idea if the I am the Boss DLC is worth getting along with it?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Any idea if the I am the Boss DLC is worth getting along with it?

That I'm not sure about. I haven't gotten it yet. I hate getting smaller dlc like this and usually only get big DLC like say the Fallout stuff, but it's cheap so IDK...

I'll make my decision when I wake up this morning.

Hmm. If they're out of 3rd Party stuff, I guess there's not much point in putting more time into getting the few extra achievements I have available to me. Already have pretty much all the Valve games I want, and I got Portal 2 from crafting yesterday (even though I already have it.)

Interesting that they could run out at all though. Especially with the coupons - not like too many of those will get used.

The fuck is this shit? I took a break off gaming so I can unlock shit today, and today I realize I can only get Valve games? Fuck me, I find this AFTER I crafted my coals! :/

Who wants Episode 1? :/

cicero

Its more like...Riddick but the combat is sooo goood! I mean hell I was fighting and we fell through the floor LOL. Also kicking people into fire, spikes, and off roofs is awesome.

Did you get VI?

The question I would ask him is, did he get the Heroes of Might & Magic III Complete Edition? The GOG 50% off sale last until Monday..
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition

Personally, I would go for that 1000x over this
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/3141070459/p/1

Lain

Grabbed the Hitman package, GTA collection, Magicka bundle and Bioshock bundle yesterday + the Lara Croft bundle the day before that (or 2 days before, I don't remember).
I have steam up from a couple of days and already so many games bought, and all I really wanted was to wait and see if Alice Madness Return would end up on the best of day and nothing more. Wonder when I'll get around to play all these games.

Yuripaw

Banned
I don't have much to offer, but would anyone be willing to gift me Bioshock 1 while it's still on sale in exchange for 1 month code for xbox live? Please send me a PM if anyone is willing.

Card Boy

Banned
2 part question

Does Devil May Cry 4 PC support a Xbox 360 gamepad? (Store pad doesn't say anything)
If it does, does it have onscreen Xbox button prompts?

I'm utterly bored out of my mind. I finished Saints Row The Third yesterday and everything seems so dull now.

I want to play something mindless and vapid with maybe a bit of humour. If I don't have it I'll be willing to buy it.

Any suggestions?

I'm utterly bored out of my mind. I finished Saints Row The Third yesterday and everything seems so dull now.

I want to play something mindless and vapid with maybe a bit of humour. If I don't have it I'll be willing to buy it.

Any suggestions?

Atom Zombie Smasher should fit the bill nicely. The default mode is hardly mindless but if you give yourself enough of the positive modifiers before you start a game up you should be able to get it close enough to brain-dead to suit your tastes. :)

And yes it can be pretty funny at times, too.

Any suggestions?
Bulletstorm is perfect. GT review

I enjoyed the hell out of it and am not even a big FPS fan. Get it if you don't have it!

Artofwar420

Any suggestions?

Trine and Trine 2 are not vapid, but might be a nice change of pace. It's kind of relaxing to play them; low impact.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Any suggestions?

Serious Sam 3, my friend. Serious Sam 3.

Mechazawa

2 part question

Does Devil May Cry 4 PC support a Xbox 360 gamepad? (Store pad doesn't say anything)
If it does, does it have onscreen Xbox button prompts?

DMC4 is a GFW game so it's required to have 360 pad support.

I don't know if it has pad prompts, but I can tell you RE5 and Lost Planet 2 both do, so I imagine it does as well.

Any suggestions?

Psychonauts if you are into platforms and have never played it

Bahaha.

I mean... oh, that sucks <_<

:p

haha that isn't me, its someone else who has all this stuff too - I can only imagine how they became so lucky...

Things I want

Beyond Good & Evil
Zeno Clash
Bionic Commando
Gundemonium Collection
Dark Messiah
Chantelise
Serious Sam 3
Trine 2
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon

Things I am willing to trade for things I want

part15pqo5.jpg

part20noc1.jpg

part3chpcy.jpg

And about 70 coupons. Which you can view here.

Edit: the gifts are two potato sacks, and two Renegade Ops

Thanks for the advice gents. I tried Bulletstorm again and it seems that I didn't get to the point where the skill points are introduced. Much more interesting now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom