• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzior

Just saw this on the Holiday Achievemnt list page thingy

Please Note!
If you unlock an achievement on or after 12/31 your prize will be a free Valve game, a coupon toward a Valve game, or Holiday Coal.

Acidote

Hm, a buddy traded me a 50% off Rockstar coupon and it got lost in the limbo of steam servers. I hope it finds its way.

ksan

What? No Sonic Generations? :((

Wanted to check it out a lot, and aptly enough there was a power outage that made me miss the sale :(

Xzior

Are there Bethesda/Skyrim 33%/50% off coupons out there? Because in a few hours, these could become amazing if my understanding is correct.

I don't think that you will be able to stack blue coupons until the daily deals are over. Somehow I doubt that Valve is stupid enough to not have thought about that :p But you never know.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yeah, they really need to get some more servers before the next sale. It's routinely down/slow 2-3 hours after new items are posted.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Yes they are yours, you can either unpack the games to add to your game library or if they are marked as tradeable you can trade and/or gift them to others.

Thanks.

Does anyone want to trade Serious Sam 3 for anything decent?

Here is what I've got on Steam so you'll have an idea of the kind of games I like. I prefer games I can play with my Xbox 360 controller.

Aliens vs. Predator
Audiosurf
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition
Beat Hazard
BioShock
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis
Crysis 2
Darksiders
Duke Nukem Forever
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 2: Fortunes Pack
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Hard Reset
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect 2
Metro 2033
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Penumbra: Black Plague
Penumbra: Requiem
Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
RAGE
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Serious Sam Classic: The First Encounter
Serious Sam Classic: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
Singularity
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Generations
Star Wars - Battlefront II
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Torchlight
Trine
Two Worlds II
Unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition

HTuran

if you bought anything on amazon and got the $5 promotion for any bestselling 2012 title it's now live.

best deal is shogun 2 steamworks for $2.50

oh, and AC1 is free /w the $5 credit, so hurry if you want it. total war rome was free but they changed it.

Cheers for the heads up, but Shogun 2 is unavailable for now.

hlhbk

How are the assassin creed games on pc? Do you they have controller support?

Great series, and the PC ports have just gotten better and better as they have gone along. Be aware that they have UBI's terrible DRM. I have a 360 controller and its fully supported.

goober

Alright, question for you guys. I really want Titan Quest Gold.

It's 5 dollars at GamersGate.

But what are the benefits of having it on Steam?

Berordn

Alright, question for you guys. I really want Titan Quest Gold.

It's 5 dollars at GamersGate.

But what are the benefits of having it on Steam?

There aren't any, though it's hit that price on Daily Deals and sales before. If you'd just rather have all your games on Steam, you could try waiting.

My damage:

9Ke4l.png

vDJJu.png

Platy

Considering to do some of the crap f2p games likes Rise of Immortals ... but for now ..

HGe28.png

The gift is : Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One

Thanks.

Does anyone want to trade Serious Sam 3 for anything decent?

Here is what I've got on Steam so you'll have an idea of the kind of games I like. I prefer games I can play with my Xbox 360 controller.
Why are you trading it? It's the best fps released this year by a mile. Unless you didn't like First/Second Encounter.

Omikaru

Anyone want to give me a quck appraisal on my cart. My budget is up to £50 (but I will go a bit over if needs be).

- Dinner Date: £0.87*
- Dead Rising 2: Off The Record: £9.99
- Galactic Civilizations II: £8.70
- TES III: Morrowind GOTY: £6.49
- Super Street Fighter IV AE: £12.49*
- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath: £1.99*

Total: £40.53

*Games I'm dead set on getting.

Anything I should add? Anything I should take out? Here's what I currently have. I added DR2 OTR because I loved DR1 and DR2. GalCiv II is there because I really enjoy the Civilization series, and I hear this is a good version of that in space. Morrowind because I've enjoyed the shit out of Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim, and I figure this is a similarly amazing (and by some accounts, better) experience.

I have considered the Assassin's Creed pack, since I played the first one on 360 many years ago, but sold AC2 before I'd really gotten into it due to me losing patience with MS after my 360 RROD'd/E74'd one time too many. But that's not many games for £35, all things considered.

I also considered Saints Row: The Third, but I really don't think I'd like it. And not because the first two never appealed to me, I just don't think I'd get enough enjoyment out of it, even at the current daily deal price.

That said, I'm pretty much open to anything, and if there's a bunch of games you think I should load up on in lieu of this cart, then I'm open to be swayed.

Great series, and the PC ports have just gotten better and better as they have gone along. Be aware that they have UBI's terrible DRM. I have a 360 controller and its fully supported.

How terrible is it ? thinking about grabbing ass creed 2

Played ass creed 1 but quit when I reached the second city. Such a beautiful yet boring and terribly designed game, and that who si-fi "matrix" thing they have going, such a dumb and pointless plot point, but I'm willing to look pass that if the series picks up and becomes good after the backlash the original got.

Thats where you have to be online to play right?

No, that was only for AC2 and has since been removed. ACB does a one-time check at launch, and ACR does a one-time activation at first launch but can be run in offline mode after.

They're getting progressively better with each release.

Card Boy

Banned
Fuck console gaming, seriously fuck it. Burn your consoles.

My Pickups.

Bioshock 2
Alice Madness Returns
Dead Space
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Serious Sam Gold Pack
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
Bulletstorm
Prototype
OddBoxx
Defense Grid: The Awakening DLC: You Monster!
Avadon
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga
Blur
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Psychonauts
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods
Fable The Lost Chapters

TOTAL: $90

Free from coal trades or gifts

Railworks 3: TS2012
Dead Space 2
RACE 07
ARMA: Cold War Assault
The Ship
Fallout Collection
Mafia
Bioshock

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Does anyone want to trade Alice Madness Returns for Serious Sam 3?

coopolon

Cheers for the heads up, but Shogun 2 is unavailable for now.

Pretty sure it was never meant to be available at that price once the $5 credits went into effect. Typically with deals like these they hike the prices back up so that it's actually more expensive then it was a few days ago even with the credits. The $5 credits were always going to be pretty useless since they don't stack (except for the Assassins Creed, that's pretty good.)

Edit: Apparently the Shogun 2 deal is for real. That's cool. Just wish the other prices would have stayed low! I was looking forward to getting DA2 for a $1, that was my acceptable price for that game.

hlhbk

How terrible is it ? thinking about grabbing ass creed 2

Played ass creed 1 but quit when I reached the second city. Such a beautiful yet boring and terribly designed game, and that who si-fi "matrix" thing they have going, such a dumb and pointless plot point, but I'm willing to look pass that if the series picks up and becomes good after the backlash the original got.

Honestly if you don't like the AWESOME Matrix plot then don't get the other games. AC 1 had its issues and was repetitive but overall it was great. Honestly AC II was leaps and bounds better than the origional, but if you don't like the Sci Fi part of the plot stay VERY far away from the other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom