• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domstercool

steamgifts8bj9a.png

Gaaaaah :(

Sanic

Did anyone happen to pick up an extra Jedi Knight pack? I can't paypal, but I can gift you a game of equal value for it.

The Boat

I'm undecided on Bastion, played the demo didn't seem all that great and it will probably get -75% one day. Considering that I have a shitload of games to play and little time, maybe I should resist. Curse you Steam!

Raw64life

Portal 2
Limbo
Rage
Bastion
Frozen Synapse
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Was looking to get Portal 2, Limbo, Rage and Bastion and got them all. The 2 games I got that I hadn't originally planned on getting only amounted to $5 so overall a great sale for me. $40 total.

Blizzard

Banned
So as usual, I figured I owned pretty much everything I wanted, and didn't buy anything for like, days in the sale. Some days I bought a couple of things especially if they were $2.49 or I was interested though. I ended up with:

Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars
Gemini Rue
Aaaaaaa! Awesome
L.A. Noire
Hitman Collection
Rochard game and soundtrack
Holiday Sale 2011 Gift: Penny Arcade Combo Pack
Steam
DEHR Tactical Pack DLC
DEHR Explosion Pack DLC
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Puzzle Agent 2
SpaceChem
Puzzle Agent
Xotic
Edge
Rome: Total War Alexander
Wasteland Angel
Revenge of the Titans
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
Renegade Ops
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Frozen Synapse - Two Pack
Cave Story+
Skydrift: Extreme Fighters Premium Airplane Pack
Skydrift: Gladiator Multiplayer Pack
Skydrift
Blur
Defense Grid: The Awakening DLC: You Monster!
Railworks 3: TS2012 - Trains vs Zombies DLC

That's $104.83, or $4.37 per "game" (I already owned Blur and just bought it to have it on Steam). Under $5 per PC game seems reasonable to me, but I guess the price would look better if you take into account a bunch of DLC on there. This is why I shouldn't buy DLC I guess, so much of it to buy. :p

goober

Portal 2
Limbo
Rage
Bastion

Frozen Synapse

$40 total. Got everything I planned on getting and the 2 games I got that I hadn't originally planned on getting only amounted to $5 so overall a great sale for me.

Hmm.. Have a plan..

Good idea for next Steam sale.

I went in not knowing wtf to buy. Ended up buying too much.

I finally decided to see what you can win if you saved your Coals and to the that lucky bastard who wins the grand prize, congrats, as usual i won't win a single fucking thing, only got 6 coals i sure there's people with a lot of coals for many chances...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Like I said, it's tempting. I don't know if I'll ever get to it, but it's pretty damn cheap. I only have 1 coupon, so I might just wait to see what else goes on sale.

U can only use the coupon on that "Best of 2011 list".

edit:Just read the games can change so *saves other 2 coupons*

linko9

Well my friends, it's been a crazy two weeks. I came in with a brand new computer and no games on steam, and left with 182 games. Some from indie bundles (I had a bunch from the past I never redeemed the steam keys for), but mostly from the daily deals. Spent under $200, which is pretty crazy. Now I've got a backlog that will last me quite some time... shame that I'll never play half of these :D

frogg609

Bummed out that Space Marine didn't drop down for a second time. Debating on just picking it up.

Update, Amazon's best PC game promotion has started I guess. They had Space Marine for 29.99 (Steamworks), and then added a 5.00 credit, so I got it for 25.00. Pretty happy about that!

Chaos

Could any US gaf pick me up Shogun 2 $2.49 from amazon and I will paypal gift you the cash, + I could throw in Defense Grid Or Day Of Defeat source gift?

KePoW

Banned
I'm undecided on Bastion, played the demo didn't seem all that great and it will probably get -75% one day. Considering that I have a shitload of games to play and little time, maybe I should resist. Curse you Steam!

It's not that good, I regret buying it. (mine was for full price earlier this year)

Saige

I must do better.
I think this was a pretty good sale. Combined with a couple Amazon deals, I picked up plenty of games.

Purchases:
Aaaaaaa!!! For the Awesome
Dungeons of Dredmor DLC
S.T.A.L.K.E.R bundle
Mass Effect 1+2
Avadon: the Black Fortress
E.Y.E Devine Cybermancy
X3: Terran Conflict
Terraria
Toki Tori
Gemini Rue
Defy Gravity Extended
Delve Deeper

Total: $43.50

Traded/Crafted Coal:
Hard Reset
Rock of Ages
Alien Breed Impact

Hard Reset is definitely my best buy out of everything, fantastic game. And the fact that I managed to just trade some coal for it was enough to make me really like the whole gift pile thing.

jgminto

Looks like I'm done for this sale.

Final Score:
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Atom Zombie Smasher
Audiosurf
Beat Hazard
Costume Quest
Fable The Lost Chapters
Fate of the World
Half-Life Collection
Machinarium
Max Payne Collection
Nation Red
Psychonauts
STALKER:SoC/CoP
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Star Wars: Jedi Knight Collection
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Star Wars: KOTOR
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Games I Won:
Virtua Fighter 2

But I'm not mad since I appreciate that Valve would even give the opportunity to win free games just from playing games I own.

Also props to both MaritalWheat and robotrock for The Ship and Deus Ex respectively. You're both awesome dudes.

Argonis

I think I'm good for the next six months.. or more.

Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum
Rage
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
Alice: Madness Returns
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Tomb Raider: Underworld