• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Bought
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
Fable:TLC
Greed Corp
Blur
Hard Reset
Defence Grid: You Monster! DLC
Bulletstorm
Rock of Ages
Worms Crazy Golf
Space Pirates & Zombies
Assassin's Creed II Deluxe
Shogun II Total War
Shogun II DLC
SlamIt Pinball: Big Score
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Hamilton's Great Adventure: Retro Fever DLC

Gifted or won
The Ship
LOTR War in the North
Sonic Generations
Saw

Total so far: £37.04

Considering getting DR2: OTR and a couple of games from the bucket list thread before the sale's over.

Arrgh, last day of this is always the hardest...tough choices ahead along with the "support the living dev outfits or make an offering to the fallen?"

Was especially hoping for a good Drakensang: RoT sale...bah

Chaos

Anyone want to give me a quck appraisal on my cart. My budget is up to £50 (but I will go a bit over if needs be).

Anything I should add? .

Shopto are doing Dues Ex Human Rev For £6.85 and you can use the code on steam, good bargain if you don't have it.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Ah well. No Morrowind daily but I didn't really expect one. I've been wanting it for awhile so I think I'll just go ahead and get it for $10 anyway. Can't wait to play it! Once I get Windows working again :<

Thankfully, my final damages were significantly lower than that of previous sales ($57.49 vs. $76 and $89 respectively for the previous Winter and Summer sales). Batman Arkham City was probably my first big-ticket purchase during one of these sales, and as a result, I managed to avoid most of the subsequent days' deals.

Space Pirates And Zombies was a pleasant surprise for me. It's sort of like a fusion of Star Control II and Freelancer, and I think I'll go back to it again when the sale is done. I'm also playing through Assassin's Creed, and I've made it much further than I did a few years ago. Before, when I played it on the 360, I pretty much gave up on it after leaving Masyaf the first time. Now, I'm in the middle of the game, where there's a major kill in all three major cities. It's definitely rough around the edges, but it's enjoyable.

Day 1 (12/19/2011):
Fable: The Lost Chapters ($2.49)

Day 2 (12/20/2011):
Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters ($2.49)
Psychonauts ($2.49)

Day 3 (12/21/2011):
Batman: Arkham City ($24.99)

Day 8 (12/26/2011):
Rock of Ages ($2.49)

Day 10 (12/28/2011):
Assassin's Creed Director's Cut ($4.99)
SPAZ: Space Pirates and Zombies ($2.49)

Day 12 (12/30/2011)
Puzzle Agent 2 ($2.49)
Universe Sandbox ($2.49)

Day 14 (1/1/2012):
Assassin's Creed II ($4.99)
Deus Ex HR The Missing Link DLC ($5.09)

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Serious sam 3, batman arkham city, saints row, dead island

If i had to pick 1, what would it be? i havent heard much about dead island, is it good? Serious sam 3, glorious gore fps?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Probably Rise of the Samurai if anything, but the base game will give you plenty of content as it is.

The Blood pack sounds pretty cool, so I got it considering how cheap it was.

True I probably won't ever get to the DLC to be honest but I'm kinda OCD about having complete games/DLC lol.

Chesskid1

Banned
Where? Not anywhere I've looked. If it's origin then it's not worth it.

www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40899on-Age-Pack7/dp/B006P28VBM/

i know they redeem on origin, not sure if you HAVE to use it.

DA:UE and DA2 for $12.50, still deciding atm. id really love dragon age UE for $10 on steam but nooo. wonder when's the last time it was on sale, guess EA said no.

i guess using other DD services is something i'll have to get used to with more and more DD exclusives coming i suppose.

jgminto

Serious sam 3, batman arkham city, saints row, dead island

If i had to pick 1, what would it be? i havent heard much about dead island, is it good? Serious sam 3, glorious gore fps?

I can't comment on the other three but Saints Row The Third is one of the best open world games I have played. It's also got some of the best missions I've ever played in gaming.

Volcynika

Wish there was a way to upgrade and get the Rochard soundtrack, friend just gifted me the game by itself and I really like the music.

Fou-Lu

www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40899on-Age-Pack7/dp/B006P28VBM/

i know they redeem on origin, not sure if you HAVE to use it.

DA:UE and DA2 for $12.50, still deciding atm. id really love dragon age UE for $10 on steam but nooo. wonder when's the last time it was on sale, guess EA said no.

i guess using other DD services is something i'll have to get used to with more and more DD exclusives coming i suppose.

Ah, that explains it. I'm Canadian.

...The Witcher 2 doesn't support 16x10? WTF

When I started the game I noticed everyone looked kinda stretched out and weird, so I restarted it and now I'm in permanent letterbox mode. Guess I'm gonna have to play this windowed but it kinda ruins the immersion. :/

Darklord

Banned

When I started the game I noticed everyone looked kinda stretched out and weird, so I restarted it and now I'm in permanent letterbox mode. Guess I'm gonna have to play this windowed but it kinda ruins the immersion. :/

I thought they patched 16:10 in a while ago?

Acidote

Update the game. 16:10 support was added in 1.3

filipe

So the general consensus is that Serious Sam 3 is worth the $20? I've bought a bunch of cheap games, so I don't mind paying a bit more for a good game.

Sianos

Steam sales have officially converted me to the master race.

THE GAMES:

Alice: Madness Returns (Gift from Tenck :D)
Bastion
Ben There, Dan That!
Bioshock
Dark Messiah Might and Magic
Darwinia
Defcon
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode One
Half Life 2: Episode Two
Half Life 2: Lost Coast
Heroes of Might and Magic V
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East
HOARD
Multiwinia
Orcs Must Die!
Sonic Generations
Spacechem
Terraria
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Uplink

TOTAL DAMAGES:

$74.63

Bought:

DEHR Tactical + Explosion Bundle DLC
HOARD
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Puzzle Agent 2
Flight Control HD
Universe Sandbox
Demolition, Inc.
Edge
Xotic
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Dead Space
Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ)
The Polynomial
Prince of Persia
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif and ArcaniA Gothic 4
Rock of Ages
Beat Hazard Complete
Killing Floor
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Hard Reset (RoW)
Renegade Ops
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Westward IV
Chantelise
Costume Quest
Bunch Of Heroes
Magicka: Vietnam
Magicka: The Stars Are Left

Won/traded:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition
Two Worlds II
Portal 2
The Sherlock Holmes Collection

Gabe was good to me :)

Best game:

S.P.A.Z is awesome.

Joe Molotov

ctXbg.jpg

jT847.jpg

Javaman

Any thoughts on Dungeon Defenders? About to try the demo.
Great game. I've got something like 120 hours into it. There's enough challenges to keep you busy for a while( one of my favorites has you defending an ogre from the hoard of enemies). Don't worry too much about the mp side, it's just as much fun in single player mode until you get to the tougher challenges. As you do the tougher maps and challenges and get further you get better loot that helps you get even further the next time. My only complaint is the HUGE jump in difficulty in going from insane to nightmare mode. They have done a piss poor job of balancing the late game content and decided to focus it on the 1% top players. For me though there's still plenty to do and achievements to finish to get some cool gear. One of my favorite weapons is the exploding chicken gun you get for clearing the "chicken" challenge. I'm not a fan of tower defense usually since I end up hemming and hawing as to what to upgrade or build, but this one for some reason doesn't bother me. Maybe it's the fact that most maps have clearly defined choke points. Combined with the Rpg leveling system and diablo style shitton of loot it's by far my GOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom