• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2011 | Valve Has Run Out Of 3rd Party Coupons/Games (Dec 19-Jan 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidote

voucherssale.png

I want to get rid of all these. I'll trade 1:1 for coal. Two coal for Portal.

I'm interested in that Portal 2!

So the general consensus is that Serious Sam 3 is worth the $20? I've bought a bunch of cheap games, so I don't mind paying a bit more for a good game.
Yes! I thought it was worth full price. It starts off a bit slow but it gets really good after the second chapter. The game is quite long for an fps too. It took me about 15 hours but I also looked after the secrets.

I definitely do need gifting help!

It's twice that price over here!!!

Could someone please post the US prices for everything that is available today!?

There is a 50% off Valve voucher in it for whoever does it for me :)

I'm also interested in Revelations and Heroes VI if they are cheaper.

Revelations is $40 and Heroes VI is $25 here in Gold Digger Land.

Tried Dungeon Defenders...I really like the art style and tone, but it feels like the tower defense part is secondary to the Diablo click-fest part, which is the opposite of what I would have preferred.

Ramma2

Aren't you better off buying Portal 2 today, at $7.49, than to wait until the sale is over and get it at 50% off of $29.99?

Lulubop

I didn't spend to much, though regret not jumping on some deals.

I got the Humble Bundle, Renegade Ops of amazon, Sonic Gen and Bastion.

I wish I would've jumped on Dead Island at 13 on amazon, and Serious Sam at 10 on that one site.

wilflare

I definitely do need gifting help!

It's twice that price over here!!!

Could someone please post the US prices for everything that is available today!?

There is a 50% off Valve voucher in it for whoever does it for me :)

I'm also interested in Revelations and Heroes VI if they are cheaper.

Revelations is $40 and Heroes VI is $25 here in Gold Digger Land.

MW3 for 44.99
Batman AC for 24.99
Skyrim for 40.19
DXHR for 16.99
Shogun 2
LA Noire for 12.49
Orcs Must Die for 3.74
Bastion for 5.09
Dead Island for 20
Portal 2 for 7.49
Dungeon Defenders for 3.74
Serious Sam 3 for 19.99
Magicka for 2.49
Revelations for 37.49?

you can check USD prices by adding /?cc=us to the steam store links in your browser
but please change back to your region else you can't purchase things thereafter

dropped u a PM lemme know if u need help

Card Boy

Banned
Fuck console gaming, seriously fuck it. Burn your consoles.

My Pickups.

Bioshock 2
Alice Madness Returns
Dead Space
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Serious Sam Gold Pack
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle
Bulletstorm
Prototype
OddBoxx
Defense Grid: The Awakening DLC: You Monster!
Avadon
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga
Blur
The Sherlock Holmes Collection
Psychonauts
Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods
Fable The Lost Chapters

TOTAL: $90

Free from coal trades or gifts

Railworks 3: TS2012
Dead Space 2
RACE 07
ARMA: Cold War Assault
The Ship
Fallout Collection
Mafia
Bioshock

Just bought

Magicka: The Stars are left
Magicka: Horror props pack
Magicka: Party Robes
GRID
Sacred Gold (2.50 better than that 50% $5 daily deal)
Dreamfall+The Longest Journey Pack
Devil May Cry 4

Another $25 :(

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Big kisses to guys like xelios and I h8 memes for helping Lesser Continent Yurop-Gaf with gifts/trades. <3

PaulLFC

What an awful game Bit Trip Beat is. Got the achievement, it's now uninstalled never to be played again. Levels that go on far too long, sections of pure frustration and headache-inducing graphics.

My pickups for this sale:

RAGE,
Alice Madness Returns,
Bulletstorm,
EYE,
Blur,
Costume Quest.

Looking at the list, it looks relatively small. I did end up with a SR3 coupon that I'm probably going to use in the next few months.

Very, very tempted to get either SSFIVAE or DR2:OTR, but I don't want to give Capcom more monies.

Rufus

What an awful game Bit Trip Beat is. Got the achievement, it's now uninstalled never to be played again. Levels that go on far too long, sections of pure frustration and headache-inducing graphics.
Also, backgrounds that occasionally make it impossible to see the, uh, pellets, I suppose. And related to the length of the levels: introduce dozens of patterns at once, why not? Rhythm games (which doesn't even apply, really) shouldn't play like 2D bullet hell shooters...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, I'm done. Total haul:

Store purchases:
Garry's Mod, Kingping, Lucasarts Adventure Bundle, Edge, Fable: The Lost Chapters $19.95
Cargo!, Bunch of Heroes $7.48
Poker Night at the Inventory $3.34
A.I. War Bundle, Tropico 4 $21.08
Guardians of Graxia Game and Map Pack, Guardians of Graxia Elves and Dwarves Expansion, Jurassic Park, Payday: The Heist: $29.38
Blur, The Polynomial, Post Apocalytic Mayhem + DLC $13.46
Greed Corp, E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy $4.98
Wings of Prey + DLC, Renegade Ops + DLC $23.50
X Super Box, Demolition, Inc, Nuclear Dawn $17.47
Beat Hazard Complete, Rock of Ages $5.73
Solar 2, Cities in Motion Complete, Aaa for the Awesome $14.97
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle $4.99
Space Pirates and Zombies $2.49
Quake 4, Xotic, Men of War: Collector Pack 2011 Holiday Sale $26.22
Sanctum Holiday DLC $0
Dungeon Defenders - Etherian Holiady Extravaganza $0
Puzzle Agent, Flight Control HD, Universe Sandbox, Puzzle Agent 2 $7.46
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic $2.49
Serious Sam: Double D, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter, Jamestown Soundtrack, Rochard Game and Soundtrack $13.21
Hoard - Dynamite Roll + Sandwhich Roll $1.23
Eschalon: Book 1 + 2 $8.73

Gifts (received; cost incurred):
Total War: SHOGUN 2 + DLC $10
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution + Chaos Rising $20
Bulletstorm $6
Trine 2 $0
Duke Nukem Forever $5
Singularity £4

Total: ~AUD$269.41

mannerbot

My pickups for this sale:

RAGE,
Alice Madness Returns,
Bulletstorm,
EYE,
Blur,
Costume Quest.

Looking at the list, it looks relatively small. I did end up with a SR3 coupon that I'm probably going to use in the next few months.

Very, very tempted to get either SSFIVAE or DR2:OTR, but I don't want to give Capcom more monies.

If you change your mind, I'd like to get a 4-pack together. That'd be $5 less than you would give Capcom otherwise!

"I've had a busy holiday, but at least I have the rest of the day to do what Steam holiday achievements I can...... FUCK."

Oh, great, Valve coupons for non-existent new products. Valve games? I guess I could add to the stack of worthless Episode 1s I have. And coal contest entries, which now the chances for that have gotten much worse since people can't craft their remaining coal to anything.

I guess it can't be helped, but fuck. I did not expect this to be a "UR TOO SLOW" situation.

As an aside, I think my Steam inventory ate a game I won previously, some kind of Gothic-esque RPG, but since I've been in such a hurry, I can't remember for absolute sure. Any other cases of that happening to people?

Edit 2: It was Risen, I had an older account I did a few of the achievements on, but when I double-checked it before posting, it didn't show up. It's there again now, so can't complain.

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Hard Reset
Lord of the Rings: War in the North Retail (GreenManGaming)
LEGO Batman
Sherlock Holmes Collection

VERY small compared to my last few years. Not because the sales weren't great, but because I already own so much.

Happy with my pickups :)

I regret not getting RAGE when it was at $15

Here's hoping they do another deal on it soon, even so id games never go on sale from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom